Celts vs NBA Elite

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Celts vs NBA Elite

OK, it all comes down to Sunday in Miami (probably)........#2 seed on the line.....I expected us to lose last night....just to get a little perspective consider the record vs our top competition...

Miami             3-0
    San Antonio    2-0
    Chicago          2-2
    LA                 1-1

that's 8-3.............Perk played twice (1-1).....so without Perk we went 7-2.....vs LA at home we lost a fairly close game with most of the bench seeing DNP due to injuries....

I think it all comes down to the mental toughness......this is a veteran team with great talent...how they handle the situation is on the players...Rondo called for a meeting with Doc.....that is a good sign.....Rondo was quoted as saying the team needs to step it up.......another good sign.........

bad sign....? Rondo (paraphrasing) quoted as saying this is not the same team (as last year's)....and that they can't just turn it on once the play-offs begin....

We know this team is capable of beating anyone at any time.....and there are no back to backs in the play-offs....so let's see what this fourth year of the Big 3 (4) will bring us.....

I believe the Celts played 3-5 more back to back games than did the Lakers...(still can't understand how the schedule makers can allow this to happen....probably cost us home court if we meet the Lakers).....wondering...were any of the Laker back to backs against the Clippers....?

Let's see how it all plays out.....GO CELTICS!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Celts vs NBA Elite

The third team on that list may well be the one for most concern for Boston. Said it here all night, but the Bulls are a seriously decent team.

You nailed it with the Mental Toughness comment. This applies to all teams in the finals. Some teams like Dallas have no mental toughness at all. The Lakers and Celtics do have it, but it's not something they maintain for a series of games if you know what I mean.

Duncan, Parker and Manu have it. Spurs are a dangerous side because of this.

Rondo taking charge like he did. Didn't he say similar things last year. That the team just wasn't the same and needed to refocus? Seem to recall it. It's good for him to do this. And I think he's being VERY truthful about the play offs. I said it earlier here before. But the time will come in the play offs were Boston will NOT be able to turn on the form and they'll be beaten with ease.

One thing this Boston team and my Lakers must seriously assume is that NO series in this upcoming play off series is a given. Each one must be taken deadly serious or we will be eliminated.

The serious contenders should be firing right now, getting into form for the post season. Not shooting blanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

RUWorthy, maybe you did not catch the end of the season last year and the year before that for that matter, but the LAKERS never enter the playoffs on a serious roll. Resting of players, and tuning up the bench is key and even more important than seeding at this point. The LAKERS are sitting very pretty right now at the #2 seed in the West, and only the Spurs or Bulls would have HCA against them in a series. The celtics need to run the table and hope and pray the Lakers lose 2 of their last 4 for a LAKERS/celtics Finals in which the celtics have HCA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Apparently a few Celtics fans have decided to grab the back-to-back stat and run with it as their excuse du jour. There are stats all over the place that anyone could dig up and claim inequality for their team. IMO, people are deluding themselves if they believe those inequalities are directly solely at their team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Celts vs NBA Elite:
    [QUOTE]OK, it all comes down to Sunday in Miami (probably)........#2 seed on the line.....I expected us to lose last night....just to get a little perspective consider the record vs our top competition... Miami             3-0 San Antonio    2-0 Chicago          2-2 LA                 1-1 that's 8-3.............Perk played twice (1-1).....so without Perk we went 7-2.....vs LA at home we lost a fairly close game with most of the bench seeing DNP due to injuries.... I think it all comes down to the mental toughness......this is a veteran team with great talent...how they handle the situation is on the players...Rondo called for a meeting with Doc.....that is a good sign.....Rondo was quoted as saying the team needs to step it up.......another good sign......... bad sign....? Rondo (paraphrasing) quoted as saying this is not the same team (as last year's)....and that they can't just turn it on once the play-offs begin....   We know this team is capable of beating anyone at any time.....and there are no back to backs in the play-offs....so let's see what this fourth year of the Big 3 (4) will bring us..... I believe the Celts played 3-5 more back to back games than did the Lakers...(still can't understand how the schedule makers can allow this to happen....probably cost us home court if we meet the Lakers).....wondering...were any of the Laker back to backs against the Clippers....? Let's see how it all plays out.....GO CELTICS!!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

No excuses now, Duke.  I think we should focus on the fact that today, if Shaq plays, that will be the FIRST time all year we've had our full team.  The fact we are still fighting for 2nd seed in the East is remarkable, IMO.
    Go Celtics!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: Celts vs NBA Elite:
    [QUOTE]Apparently a few Celtics fans have decided to grab the back-to-back stat and run with it as their excuse du jour. There are stats all over the place that anyone could dig up and claim inequality for their team. IMO, people are deluding themselves if they believe those inequalities are directly solely at their team.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

celtic fan = master of excuses

Laughing

The NBA as a whole is very easy to read. Teams get hot, teams get cold. The season is very long, and everything evens out in the end. The BEST team most always win the title.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I hate to say it and I hope Im wrong, but we all thought this team had a 3 year window and this is year # 4, and the way we have struggled at the end of the season it is bringing me back to how I felt immediately after the game 7 loss.  I thought to myself, why bring back these guys again for another run.  They made it this far only to be shot down at the end by the stupid refs! We looked so gassed, I wondered how they could put it all together again, but then Doc went all in, Ainge found a way to retain Paul and Ray and at the start of the season, it looked like a good move as we were dominating and looking like contenders still, but inuries and sore bodies have me worried if this current team can dig deep for another long run.  I hope I am wrong...but that feeling is coming back to me again.... ;(

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good points made by all.......(well except the nugget)........

Sections
Shortcuts