Celts vs Thunder - Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Celts vs Thunder - Game Thread

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

36 rebounds and we are still winning.  You don't have to WIN the rebounding margin.....you have to be competitive, get critical rebounds, and play D.

[/QUOTE]

Next you'll be saying we don't  have to score more points than the other team to win. We  need a big who  can  board  and  clog the middle if we want to go  deep in  the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

9 for 17 from three points...better defense but they need an inside banger for games when the outside shot is not falling. Good to see Paul driving; this thing were Doc was trying to turn him into Ray was stupid. KG took over the game the last five minutes and we won.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

Small forward and center position won it for us.  Paul + Jeff score 44 points together and KG was a monster all around.  

Defense was there tonight.

Bad news - another no show by Bass...3 for 12, 0 free throws, 6 boards - not great production from your starting power forward. 

[/QUOTE]

Sully has more points than Bass, half the rebounds in half the minutes.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

36 rebounds and we are still winning.  You don't have to WIN the rebounding margin.....you have to be competitive, get critical rebounds, and play D.

[/QUOTE]

Next you'll be saying we don't  have to score more points than the other team to win. We  need a big who  can  board  and  clog the middle if we want to go  deep in  the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Don't be insulting.  I would never say such a stupid thing but maybe you would.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Great finish by KG. Huge win.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Good night, fellow fans.  See 'ya next game.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't be insulting.  I would never say such a stupid thing but maybe you would.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't mean to be insulting.  Just sarcastic.  No offense intended.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

A Celtics win (over a quality team) followed by a soon to be Lakers loss!!

Life is GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bass really needs to go.

Also, it's not true no team would want Jeff Green.

Lee is expendable.

Just stay afloat until Ainge get that big.

[/QUOTE]

Green has to do it in several games in row. It is called being consistent. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Green looked good on offense. Better on man defense, but still standing around under the boards. Look like his game is still coming back to him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Green has to do it in several games in row. It is called being consistent. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

But it's not true that he has no trade value. He's just not getting enough minutes.

[/QUOTE]

I agree he only had 24 minutes.  Pierce took 16 shots and Terry took eight. Terry was 6-8 they need to get him more shots. Especially in the 4th period. Terry is much more complete player at 35 than Ray is now.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Good WIN!!!!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Bass misses Ray Allen the most. Ray created a lot of space for Bass (and others) and Bass can make uncontested 16 footers but his jumper is far less reliable with a hand in his face.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree he only had 24 minutes.  Pierce took 16 shots and Terry took eight. Terry was 6-8 they need to get him more shots. Especially in the 4th period. Terry is much more complete player at 35 than Ray is now.

[/QUOTE]

200% true!

[/QUOTE]

What about starting Green and Pierce together and having Bass come off the bench?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I missed this game.  I'm gonna force myself to stay up til the rebroadcast though cause i wanna see westbrook and durant and perk.  I'm still reserving judgement on the Celts, I'm totally certain they will be FINE when the playoffs roll.  They're built for a marathon and have parts with which to acquire other parts.  I believe Gortat would look good in green.  Or Big Al.  And yes concord, Terry is a much better player at this point than Ray Ray.  I love Ray Allen but I'm not sorry to see him go.  Thanks for your service Ray and helping with the banner and I'll always root for you except against the Celts, but c-ya!  You WILL break down and it will hamper the Heat.

Here's a thought:  how about Pierce off the bench?  Start Green and play Pierce at 6th man for instant offense.  Then switch back courts and step on the gas with Terry and Barbosa next subs.  Think Pierce's ego could handle it?  (Y'know, take one for the team, for the team.)

Peace and love, Happy Thanksgiving all

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

strong win against a quality opponent. impressive!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]

The only reason why the Celts won tonight was because their 3-balls were falling. If the Celts didn't have a great shooting night, 52.9% from 3pt land, most probably the Celts would have lost this game.

Ainge needs to add a big who can score inside, not just rebound. 

Again, having a big that can score inside opens up the shooters. The Celts will be able to play inside-outside basketball. Relying heavily on outside shots will not get you far in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

W or L, somethings  never change.

Sections
Shortcuts