In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree he only had 24 minutes.  Pierce took 16 shots and Terry took eight. Terry was 6-8 they need to get him more shots. Especially in the 4th period. Terry is much more complete player at 35 than Ray is now.

[/QUOTE]

200% true!

[/QUOTE]

What about starting Green and Pierce together and having Bass come off the bench?

[/QUOTE]

I don't like the idea of Green at the 4. Just start Green with Bass, KG, Rondo, and Pierce. Doesn't matter who plays SG.

[/QUOTE]

Doc hasn't tried this lineup yet? i agree he should. green and bass on the wings would be dynamic. i think Doc is too worried about preserving his bench. he still would have jet, courtney, sully, chris and leandro.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Re: Celts vs Thunder - Game Thread

[QUOTE]

The only reason why the Celts won tonight was because their 3-balls were falling. If the Celts didn't have a great shooting night, 52.9% from 3pt land, most probably the Celts would have lost this game.

Ainge needs to add a big who can score inside, not just rebound. 

Again, having a big that can score inside opens up the shooters. The Celts will be able to play inside-outside basketball. Relying heavily on outside shots will not get you far in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

sometimes you win by the three and lose by the three.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We would have won by more, but Rivers went small in the fourth quarter.

[/QUOTE] What did you expect, it is Rivers you're talking about!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We still go out an get a big man and keep Green if he plays like this consistently.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 003323344's comment:
    [QUOTE]

strong win against a quality opponent. impressive!

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was not that impressive. But it was great to get a win against a quality opponent.

[/QUOTE]

exactly what wasn't impressive about it? the Celtics had a good FG shooting %, good three point %, foul shot %, nice rebounding, etc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We would have won by more, but Rivers went small in the fourth quarter.

[/QUOTE]

how many times are you going to say this? we get it you hate small ball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

bring pierce off the bench

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

Bass really needs to go.

Also, it's not true no team would want Jeff Green.

Lee is expendable.

Just stay afloat until Ainge get that big.

[/QUOTE]

gortat signed for large money in PHO.  i believe 9M a year- they would have to take half that in bass (lol!!!!) to make a deal work for us and then what else?  PHO would be condemning themselves to the basement for sure in dealing gortat. 

what are the odds that doc would play gortat?  we just went through semi, stiesmma, darko coming and going like shiett through a goose.  looking back at kg in the league he played only 3-4 years with a white 5 on his team- rasho nesterovic who promptly bolted minny when his first contract was up.

while i'm not a "run" conspiracy theorist, i have legitimate questions as to whether white centers want to play with KG and whether KG wants to play with white centers

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

You guys really want to go with a front court of KG, Green and Pierce in the starting 5? Seriously? DOn't we have problems on the boards already? Green vs. guys like Randolph or Griffin?

Or do you guys want Perice at his age start at the 2? And Green as a 3 and Wilcox at 4?

By the way: What has Terry shown that makes him more versatile than Ray? A clutch 3? Come on! Terry never was a starter due to his lack of size. This will change at the age of 35? And a Backcourt of Rondo, AB and Terry will get serious troubles against taller backguards. Remember last post season against the 76ers or the Hawks?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You guys really want to go with a front court of KG, Green and Pierce in the starting 5? Seriously? DOn't we have problems on the boards already? Green vs. guys like Randolph or Griffin?

Or do you guys want Perice at his age start at the 2? And Green as a 3 and Wilcox at 4?

By the way: What has Terry shown that makes him more versatile than Ray? A clutch 3? Come on! Terry never was a starter due to his lack of size. This will change at the age of 35? And a Backcourt of Rondo, AB and Terry will get serious troubles against taller backguards. Remember last post season against the 76ers or the Hawks?

[/QUOTE]

Your scaring me here!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Love that Terry is coming around and hitting some big shots, but he's not Ray Allen.  In the same number of minutes, Ray is shooting 52% from 3point land to Terry's 43%.  Ray shoots 51% overall as does Terry.  Ray has 2.3 assisted per game vs 1.7 for Terry.  Ray has 3.0 rebounds per game vs Terry's 1.5.  Ray Avgs 12.5 ppg vs Terry's 11.5ppg.  By the way, they both play 27 min/game.

Bradley is more than Ray at this point and can't wait till he gets back.  But, Terry and Lee haven't provided any improvement, yet.  Let's be honest about that!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bass really needs to go.

Also, it's not true no team would want Jeff Green.

Lee is expendable.

Just stay afloat until Ainge get that big.

[/QUOTE]

gortat signed for large money in PHO.  i believe 9M a year- they would have to take half that in bass (lol!!!!) to make a deal work for us and then what else?  PHO would be condemning themselves to the basement for sure in dealing gortat. 

what are the odds that doc would play gortat?  we just went through semi, stiesmma, darko coming and going like shiett through a goose.  looking back at kg in the league he played only 3-4 years with a white 5 on his team- rasho nesterovic who promptly bolted minny when his first contract was up.

while i'm not a "run" conspiracy theorist, i have legitimate questions as to whether white centers want to play with KG and whether KG wants to play with white centers

[/QUOTE]
     Finally someone noticed the elephant in the room!! Krstic looked great when he first came to the C's, then something happened, Doc was all over him on anything that went wrong. I don't know about KG and white centers, my question is more about Doc and white centers!!  That is a great Question, would Doc even play Gortat?

Sections
Shortcuts