Celts will be a solid better team this year

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Celts will be a solid better team this year

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Teams usually play ,on average, 14 games every month. 

Going 5-9 is realistic.

Come on, the Celtics don't have 3pt shooters and the Celts are not going to be a good defensive team because KG is gone.

KG has been gone for a while.
    Point guards were shooting over him last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Celtics will not be solid this season for the sole reason that only Jeff Green is the legitimate 3pt threat.

In today's NBA, if you can't make 3s, you're not going to win many games.

I was clamoring for a three pt shooter all of last year..but Danny never pulled the trigger...instead we got the kid from Cleveland..(crawford).ugh!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Teams usually play ,on average, 14 games every month. 

Going 5-9 is realistic.

Come on, the Celtics don't have 3pt shooters and the Celts are not going to be a good defensive team because KG is gone.

We might even have trouble with the Fakers....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

With so many new faces and younger players and a new coach, it would be a stretch to expect much from this Celtics team, even if the new players are good.

Making the playoffs would be a huge success but its doubtful imo unless the rest of the east stinks next season too. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Giving Rondo plenty of time to heal and giving the young guys big minutes isn't necessarily tanking.  I hope they play hard and play to win, but take a few minutes and look at the rosters of the other teams in the east.  We won't need to "tank" to lose a lot of games.  If Rondo misses signifigant time, Charlotte, Wasington, Cleveland and Detroit all have more talent than we do.  We can have a terrible record even if we play hard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

No we wont.  We are going to be one of the worst teams in the league. 

Even WITH PP AND KG we were one the worst scoring teams in the league. Defensively we were very good but we just lost one of the greatest defensive bigs in history.

So  we are now worse both  offensively and defensively than  we were last year. And keep in mind we were barely solid last year with a 41-40 record.  

Agreed...where is the veteran leadership...if Wallace provides that with a return to all star form he likely gets  traded ( him or Green get moved). This team has no chemistry, how can it, only a few have even played together. Best result from this group is a lot of progress by key young pieces and a bad record, and that is what I expect. If Rondo plays great he maybe gets moved for a legit center from Detroit or Sacramento, etc. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston1988. Show LegendofBoston1988's posts

Celtics will not be solid this season for the sole reason that only Jeff Green is the legitimate 3pt threat.

Fierce, you are wrong, both Brooks, and Olynyk will hit 3's, and lets not forget, Brad has a way of doing more with less. I have faith this team will be able to hit enough 3's. We will not need to rely on the 3's as much now either. Just my opinion. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I think the Celts will win 5 games in Nov, 5 in Dec, 5 in Jan, 3 in Feb, 5 in March, and 3 in April.

More or less 26 wins.

Worst case 23 wins.

Best case 29 wins.

You got problems... It's ridiculous to evaluate the schedule 9 months into the future. Team rosters arent even formed completely, so many unknowns including your flip/flopping new love for Rondo..LOL./..  Dont you wanna see how effective he is?? Doesnt that make any difference in your forecast for the Celtics as a team??   

What a phony you are..anything for attention. Keep ur profile PRIVATE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

[QUOTE]

You got problems... It's ridiculous to evaluate the schedule 9 months into the future. Team rosters arent even formed completely, so many unknowns including your flip/flopping new love for Rondo..LOL./..  Dont you wanna see how effective he is?? Doesnt that make any difference in your forecast for the Celtics as a team??   

What a phony you are..anything for attention. Keep ur profile PRIVATE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's not ridiculous, Karl, I'm just way ahead of you when it comes to forecasting.

Come on, it's very obvious Ainge wants Andrew Wiggins.

No matter what Brad Stevens does, this coming season's Celtics team will not make the playoffs.

So 9 months from now, Karl, you'll be avoiding this thread because my forecast was correct.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

You mean like the thread where u said Doc was gonna be HC for next 3 years so get used to it? Like the one where u said Rondo wasnt a good PG and now ur saying hes top???

Are these some of the reasons you made sure to keep your PROFILE ON PRIVATE?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

No we wont.  We are going to be one of the worst teams in the league. 

Even WITH PP AND KG we were one the worst scoring teams in the league. Defensively we were very good but we just lost one of the greatest defensive bigs in history.

So  we are now worse both  offensively and defensively than  we were last year. And keep in mind we were barely solid last year with a 41-40 record.  

Not sure that I agree.  I don't believe that the team will be an elite team but may be good enough to be the 8th seed.  Of course, it still would be better for the Celtics to end up with one of the worst records next season and have a chance at a top pick.  Just not sure that it will happen.  We should find out how good/bad the current Celtics team will be after a few months into the season. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to cujo99's comment:

Thank You!!  Pound for pound we may have a stronger and bigger lineup than last year.  Under the assumption they keep Wallace, I can't figure out why the doom and gloom.  Terry was terrible as a whole last year and is getting older and Pierce in no way shape or form was prepared to take on the work load needed from his position.  We definately need some of these guys to step up as "shooters" to spread the defense, but youthful talent and speed, along with a coach that can exploit it is an exciting combination.  

Sorry to the tank theorists, this will be the team nobody actually wants this year....to good for next year's draft, but not good enough for a championship.  To those fans I say "just enjoy watching the games the way it was intended, for the entertainment"

The doom and gloom cames from people who are looking for any reason to put the team down.Some are Danny haters,some pretend they are celtics fans.The real celtics fans knows that was time to say thank you and good lucky to 2 superstars on the end of their careers.Time to rebuild.unhappy people are everwhere.Go celtics.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We lost many games last year because we were last or close to it in rebounds. We needed play great defense, cause turnovers & shoot 45-50% to make up for -5,-10 etc. in rebounds.

OK, our defense and shooting % is not predicted to be as good but if we can with Sully and KO(and Melo too perhaps) be +5 or +10 in rebounds, those 2nd chances can make a 40% shooting team win games. Hate to bring up old wounds but Lakers beat us in 2010 because of the rebounding advantage after Perkins went down with Gasol & Bynum as the team only shot 32% and the guy who walks on water in LA was only 6 for 24(25%). Oops,hard to forget that the 41 to 18 egregious difference in foul shots with 21 for LA just in the 4th qtr made a difference too !!!

KO is not a great rebounder. 7 per game in college.  Sully is undersized and will be asked to play the center position.  Faverani is notoriously lazy on the boards. And Melo probably won't be able to hang in the NBA next year. Unless traded Humphries will help there.

This team is a better rebounding team than last year, and especially without Doc.  But that isn't saying much.  They definately aren't an elite rebounding team either, if that's what you are banking on.

[/QUOTE]Good post.But you guys never mention the fsct that Doc did not care for offensive rebounds,His approach was shoot and run back on defense.So our rebounds numbers were not good.I hope the new coach pushes for more rebounds.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

With the current roster the Boston Celtics will compete and make a run this year.  Rondo, Green, Ko, Sullenger, and one of the shooters, are an excellent start back to the playoffs.  Everyone is forgetting about Green, the guy played very well last year in the playoffs.  Rondo is a star.  Sullinger and KO are a very interesting combination, and will produce points and will spread the floor, the guys are young but good.  Our Bench as Now Constituted is one of the better if not the best bench in the NBA.  We now have a real coach who will not let good players rot on the bench.  Pressey appears to be the best backup point guard we have had in quiet a while.   This guy , the indestructable man, can at least add toughness and rebounding and a few points.  All we lost was three aging stars that are over the hill, as far as carrying a team in the regular season.   I don't know what kind of a playoff team we will be but WE SHOULD BE COMPETATIVE DURING THE REGULAR SEASON , and who could ask for more during our first year without the big three.  There is little doubt that at this time we are a better regular season team than we were last year if Rondo plays.

OH..I get the joke...you mean the opposite of what you write  given your name "romneywins"...Yuck, yuck, yuck.

What are you smokin' man, I'd love to get some...

They are going to have a tough year - they will be in the lottery - they will better by far in the 2nd half than the 1st half....aside from that, things will be bleak...it's ok.....they'll all be smokin' what "romneywins" is puffin' so they won't feel it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

In response to cujo99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thank You!!  Pound for pound we may have a stronger and bigger lineup than last year.  Under the assumption they keep Wallace, I can't figure out why the doom and gloom.  Terry was terrible as a whole last year and is getting older and Pierce in no way shape or form was prepared to take on the work load needed from his position.  We definately need some of these guys to step up as "shooters" to spread the defense, but youthful talent and speed, along with a coach that can exploit it is an exciting combination.  

Sorry to the tank theorists, this will be the team nobody actually wants this year....to good for next year's draft, but not good enough for a championship.  To those fans I say "just enjoy watching the games the way it was intended, for the entertainment"

The doom and gloom cames from people who are looking for any reason to put the team down.Some are Danny haters,some pretend they are celtics fans.The real celtics fans knows that was time to say thank you and good lucky to 2 superstars on the end of their careers.Time to rebuild.unhappy people are everwhere.Go celtics.

[/QUOTE]

The gloom and doom comes from people over the age of 15.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Mabey, but truth is we were not that solid last year.  And I am comparing us to last year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

The Celtics will be a solid team, better than with KG PP & JET, and the best bench in the NBA ... This of course is in the same Universe where Romney wins the election.

Have fun in fantasy land!

Right, I see you must not have watched much of the season last year, and I am comparing last  year.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I STAND BY MY ORIGINAL PREDICTION:

Celtics win MORE THAN 41 games this season and make playoffs

REMEMBER: the roster is not set , Humphries, Wallace, Bogans cannot be traded until September.......other players likely to be moved are Bass and Lee and possibly Bradley....and then there's Rondo. Will he or will he not make the decision to "buy in" and allow Stevens to coach him ???

Either way , the Celtics win as Rondo is he Celtics most valuable asset.

FORGET about TANKING......the Celtics will win 41+ games, make playoffs and go into the draft with   two #1 picks, a #2 , and a $10.3M trade execption......this is more than enough to get them a top 8 player......this is MORE than Utah had this draft and they were able to go up and get Trey Burke @ #8......say Rondo plays for the Celtics this season and th Celtics win 41+ games and make playoffs , add Rondo to the two #1's and the $10.3M TE and this gets the Celtics a TOP 3 player if not the #1 player.....

MARK IT DOWN - CELTICS WIN 41+ games and make playoffs.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I heard Mike Wilbon, PTI program, say that he believes that the Celtics won't be so bad.  Maybe a 40 win team or something like that.  He may be overly optimistic but he doesn't think the current Celtics team will be a lottery team. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Just getting rid of Doc Rivers should get us 5 more wins a year.

Sections
Shortcuts