Celts Willing Even Without Extension

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Celts Willing Even Without Extension

In Response to Celts Willing Even Without Extension:
    [QUOTE]Celtics Willing To Trade For Chris Paul Without Extension http://www.celticsblog.com/2011/12/5/2614089/celtics-willing-to-trade-for-chris-paul-without-extension The Celtics are reportedly still interested in trading for  Chris Paul  and aren't even scared off by his reported stance that he wouldn't sign an extension in Boston.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Thats some good news. I think we got to make some sort of trade this season so that it will be easier to attract other players for this year and next.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics Willing To Trade For Chris Paul Without Extension http://www.celticsblog.com/2011/12/5/2614089/celtics-willing-to-trade-for-chris-paul-without-extension The Celtics are reportedly still interested in trading for  Chris Paul  and aren't even scared off by his reported stance that he wouldn't sign an extension in Boston.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. DA is desperate to upgrade the team at the PG position and to be rid of a thorn in his side.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Fierce, you have been advocating it and I will be OK with it provided Danny does not include any 1st round draft picks.  If CP3 decides to walk away after the season, the Celts can dive into a rebuilding mode or do a sign and trade for him.  Here is hoping that it happens.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Celts Willing Even Without Extension:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts Willing Even Without Extension : Totally agree, no 1st round picks must be included.  Rondo and Big Baby for CP3, trade works.

Well, now that they can take back 150% of salary even Rondo + Avery works.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

We need to Godfather them - make them an offer they can't refuse - include Okafor if we have to- give them Green if we have to - give them Rondo and Baby if we have to - this is our last shot with this group
    PG's available next year:
    Deron Williams
    Steve Nash
    Chauncey Billups, and  of course
    Chris Paul!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

That is great news but we heard last week that NO has gotten much better offers for CP3 than what the C's have offered which means a 3rd team might be necessary and like in this ESPN scenario, that could include Bradley & a 1st round pick as well. Not sure I could do that.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4686663/hollinger-one-cp3-rondo-deal

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

How hard is Chris Paul going to work to win a championship? All the while dreaming of next year when he can join his "bros" in the other garden.  He is obviously a better offensive player than Rondo. But how is KG going to take it when, on Xmas, Paul is all buddy buddy w/ the opposition.  Not well, folks. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]How hard is Chris Paul going to work to win a championship? All the while dreaming of next year when he can join his "bros" in the other garden.  He is obviously a better offensive player than Rondo. But how is KG going to take it when, on Xmas, Paul is all buddy buddy w/ the opposition.  Not well, folks. 
    Posted by hops29[/QUOTE]

And what makes you think that CP3 is such an unprofessional person?  Which other NBA player has done something like this?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Prakash,
    What a nightmare of a point to bring up but a valid one.  Paul tanking so he won't have to stay.  It would signal the end of the viability of the NBA, or the league would become like the WWF.  Still the irony of trading for Paul with Rondo the original disgruntled player is amazing.  Paul cannot veto the trade based on what I have heard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

How can anyone call into question CP3's work ethic? The guy is a real pro. Ugh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

Bro no way this happens.  The Celts already have three top players who are going nowhere covering a majority or the Celts salary.  The only way the Celts improve is filling in around these players.  I've read all the smoke and mirrors trades that are being purposed, but in reality this is real money not play dough. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK9999. Show GK9999's posts

http://espn.go.com/nba/ http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7321631/sources-los-angeles-lakers-want-dwight-howard-chris-paul

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Celts Willing Even Without Extension : Bro no way this happens.  The Celts already have three top players who are going nowhere covering a majority or the Celts salary.  The only way the Celts improve is filling in around these players.  I've read all the smoke and mirrors trades that are being purposed, but in reality this is real money not play dough. 
    Posted by greeneater2[/QUOTE]

Actually a Rondo for CP3 trade will work if the Celts add another player to make the salaries match.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo, Green, Baby to New Orleans

Okafor, Avery Bradley and our 1st rd pick to Atlanta

Chris Paul, Trevor Ariza and Josh Smith to Boston

Amnesty Ariza and you have enough $ to sign Howard at a couple million less than the max... he'd have to show he really cares about winning and wants to play with 2 of his best friends like Wade.

Amnesty Pierce (gulp) and you have more than enough to give him the max

Or just keep Okafor and Avery and amnesty him if Howard wants to come, or keep him if Howard/CP3 don't sign here and start rebuilding.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I suppose it isn't a bad idea.  Maybe Paul would change his mind and if he doesn't then the Celtics just need to sign another point guard after the season ends.  Although, even with Rondo's faults he is still one of the best point guards in the NBA.  Not sure who we would sign instead of Rondo for next season. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Paul with his desire to play in NY with the other two idiots has shown himself to be someone we cannot embrace at this point. If Rondo goes we will cheer Paul on and hope the Celtics mystique will take over. We really have no idea but who would have thought Rondo would have quit on the team last Feb.  As much as I root for Rondo this is what I think is driving DA and Doc they have given up on him after what happened last year. It amounts to insubordination.  He will be gone or if he stays he will be gone as soon as they can get rid of him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Paul with his desire to play in NY with the other two idiots has shown himself to be someone we cannot embrace at this point. If Rondo goes we will cheer Paul on and hope the Celtics mystique will take over. We really have no idea but who would have thought Rondo would have quit on the team last Feb.  As much as I root for Rondo this is what I think is driving DA and Doc they have given up on him after what happened last year. It amounts to insubordination.  He will be gone or if he stays he will be gone as soon as they can get rid of him.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Not only did he give up on the team but he did it in a very dishonest way.

The alleged culprit(s).... take your pick.... PF.....a bad pinkie... a hip injury.... boredom.... fatigue/exhaustion... hurt feelings over Perk trade.... Obama slight.... on and on.

Doc saying Rondo is fine. KG saying that Rondo is really hiding his assorted injuries. Rondo saying little or nothing. Classic Rondo subterfuge/misdirection.

Need I remind posters that when Rondo was on the bubble and about to be cut from Team USA, he abruptly quit the team and blamed it all on missing his 2 year old daughter. (Besides it was his agent's idea that he participate anyway, not his. He didn't want to be there.)

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I don't think we have any chance in getting Howard...

1-he wants max $$$ and can get it from any number of teams

2-he want to play in a major market....NYC would work but, unfortunately, he doesn't like cold weather...so LA probably makes more sense

3-Boston's tradition used to be the key to acquiring talent....but today's athlete has no concept of the history of the Celtics...not do they care....money...night life...warm weather....big stage...there are better options for these kids...and that is truly the unfortunate part of the equation in today's world...

If we can sign Paul and win one more championship with this group then I'd be fine with it...as GK says...it is what it is folks.....

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Some choice!  One guy you have to guard and one guy that other teams ignore.

One guy who hits "3" 's at 39%  --  the other at 23%.

One guy who shoots fouls at 88%  --  the other at 57%.

One guy with 10 Assists  --  the other at 11 Assists.

Rondo lets teams defend 4 guys   --  Chris makes them play all 5 guys, or get "burned".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

By trading Perk for Green, we already half committed to rebuilding. Trading rondo and young talent/picks for a one year rental is the exact opposite of rebuilding.

I don't know what the answer is, but I'd almost rather trade Rondo for picks.

Sections
Shortcuts