celts-wiz 1-22-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: celts-wiz 1-22-2011

In Response to Re: celts-wiz 1-22-2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: celts-wiz 1-22-2011 : Would you trade Rondo for John Wall?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You must really respect my opinion, you keep asking me questions. Lets see what you've learned. Would you trade Rondo for Wall. Before you answer, remember, you can always remove your post, but in 2 years i'll still know what you answered!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: celts-wiz 1-22-2011 :  You must really respect my opinion, you keep asking me questions. Lets see what you've learned. Would you trade Rondo for Wall. Before you answer, remember, you can always remove your post, but in 2 years i'll still know what you answered!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Now you're accusing me of removing my posts. Wow! 

Like you said, it's not nice to lie.

You said Wall and Rose will be the top tier PGs in a couple of years. I just asked if you would trade Rondo for Wall, what's wrong with that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: celts-wiz 1-22-2011 : Now you're accusing me of removing my posts. Wow!  Like you said, it's not nice to lie. You said Wall and Rose will be the top tier PGs in a couple of years. I just asked if you would trade Rondo for Wall, what's wrong with that?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Afraid, as usual. i knew you wouldn't answer, i'm starting to feel sorry for you. Who makes your decisions for you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE] In case some of you don't already know it,John Wall is the real deal. In 2 years it will be him and Rose as the top point guards, all the rest will be a tier below.

I wasnt too impressed with Wall based on this game.  Im not buying into the John Wall hype!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i'm not buying the tired excuse. they rested for most if not all the 4th quarter vs the jazz. they played lights out in the first quarter. saw it as an easy win and were on cruise control the rest of the night. its not rondo's fault pauls or kgs. they missed a ton of open looks. thats what killed them. if they shot 50% like they normally do, they win. wiz didn't play good defense. maybe 2 out of 5 possessions they did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: celts-wiz 1-22-2011 :    Afraid, as usual. i knew you wouldn't answer, i'm starting to feel sorry for you. Who makes your decisions for you?

I said my posts are intact, none are missing. You asked me a question and I answered. What gives?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: celts-wiz 1-22-2011 : I wasnt too impressed with Wall based on this game.  Im not buying into the John Wall hype!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

kyceltic just gets carried away sometimes. He's the one who said he would trade Ray Allen for Danny Granger in a minute.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I watched the game tape delayed because I had to work late tonight. I thought the C's got tired in the second half. They were short handed and playing a second of a back to back on the road. You gotta give credit to Washington for pulling out  a close game.
        On a positive note, Semih did a good job on the boards. He's been doing his job well this season thus far. No complaints here from Semih. He's exceeded my expectations this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]i'm not buying the tired excuse. they rested for most if not all the 4th quarter vs the jazz. they played lights out in the first quarter. saw it as an easy win and were on cruise control the rest of the night. its not rondo's fault pauls or kgs. they missed a ton of open looks. thats what killed them. if they shot 50% like they normally do, they win. wiz didn't play good defense. maybe 2 out of 5 possessions they did.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

And what do you think is the number one cause of missed jump shots by a lot of starters?  Tired legs!   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I watched the game tape delayed because I had to work late tonight. I thought the C's got tired in the second half. They were short handed and playing a second of a back to back on the road. You gotta give credit to Washington for pulling out  a close game.     On a positive note, Semih did a good job on the boards. He's been doing his job well this season thus far. No complaints here from Semih. He's exceeded my expectations this season.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

I agree that the Celtics just got tired during this game.   It is difficult for an older team to play back to back games.   Semih has been a pleasant surprise.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo outplayed by John Wall tonight?  HAHAHA!!! ONE LUCKY 3-POINT BANK SHOT IS ALREADY "OUTPLAYING" RONDO? HAHAHA!!! AGAIN!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

who said this cap'n cap lock?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are blaming this loss on Rondo?  Who did you think played well tonight? Talk about an agenda.  Garnett was all right but he played small and did nothing on the glass. Pierce, Allen and Davis all had bad shooting nights.  And you guys are all mad at the guy who gave you 13 and 9? You guys kill me.  I have said it here numerous times.  There are easily 7 or 8 guys I would put above Rondo as my point guard in the NBA.  But you guys want to blame everything on him.  This game was obviously not on Rondo.  In fact he Semi and Garnett are the only guys that had decent games at all.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

nope, i'm not blaming the loss on the rondo.  i prefaced my statement by saying that the vets were likely to be lousy, tired, sluggish, in this game.  so WHY NOT if you're rondo, why not go out there and just bring home the bacon for us a few nights a year.

that's all i said.  obviously a lot of bad plays were needed.  wall was asking for it by being in foul trouble.  rondo didn't give it to him.  it's one reason why we lost. 

icon, what i am looking at, in this 2nd of a back to back, is for something out of the young point guard we have, something beyond mediocre and okay which is what we got.  i remember two years ago and last year there were games when rondo went out and set the table, almost by himself, becuase he can be that good.  these were games against bad teams and the older starters got needed rest from carrying the load.

i'm simply asking where did that rondo go, the one that would/could go out and do that for us?  i thought it served two functions- 1) keep his scoring skills sharp and 2) give rest to the fogies.

how do you turn that into an agenda?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: celts-wiz 1-22-2011 : nope, i'm not blaming the loss on the rondo.  i prefaced my statement by saying that the vets were likely to be lousy, tired, sluggish, in this game.  so WHY NOT if you're rondo, why not go out there and just bring home the bacon for us a few nights a year. that's all i said.  obviously a lot of bad plays were needed.  wall was asking for it by being in foul trouble.  rondo didn't give it to him.  it's one reason why we lost.  icon, what i am looking at, in this 2nd of a back to back, is for something out of the young point guard we have, something beyond mediocre and okay which is what we got.  i remember two years ago and last year there were games when rondo went out and set the table, almost by himself, becuase he can be that good.  these were games against bad teams and the older starters got needed rest from carrying the load. i'm simply asking where did that rondo go, the one that would/could go out and do that for us?  i thought it served two functions- 1) keep his scoring skills sharp and 2) give rest to the fogies. how do you turn that into an agenda?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Acie: You are wasting your time trying to explain your well-reasoned position to Icon11. He doesn't hear you.

Icon is the very first to scream, "Where are all the Rondo-haters now?" when  #9 has a good game.

Save your breath. You are talking to a fence post.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: celts-wiz 1-22-2011 : nope, i'm not blaming the loss on the rondo.  i prefaced my statement by saying that the vets were likely to be lousy, tired, sluggish, in this game.  so WHY NOT if you're rondo, why not go out there and just bring home the bacon for us a few nights a year. that's all i said.  obviously a lot of bad plays were needed.  wall was asking for it by being in foul trouble.  rondo didn't give it to him.  it's one reason why we lost.  icon, what i am looking at, in this 2nd of a back to back, is for something out of the young point guard we have, something beyond mediocre and okay which is what we got.  i remember two years ago and last year there were games when rondo went out and set the table, almost by himself, becuase he can be that good.  these were games against bad teams and the older starters got needed rest from carrying the load. i'm simply asking where did that rondo go, the one that would/could go out and do that for us?  i thought it served two functions- 1) keep his scoring skills sharp and 2) give rest to the fogies. how do you turn that into an agenda?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

You make good points about Rondo's game.  But this thread was about last nights game.  My point is three or four posters all jumped in and shat all over Rondo like the loss was his fault.  Like when I took so much grief for Davis rebounding like a shooting guard a lot of people jumped on me. But I never said his lack of rebounding was the reason that the Celtics lost and blamed him for it.

Agreed that Rondo looks timid going to the hoop.  Of course he cant shoot but he used to bring it hard to the hole.  I agree he isn't doing that nearly as much as in the past and I agree he is too pass happy at this point.

But last night wasn't on him at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

The bench needs to deliver more in the 2nd night of back to backs.  Everyone knows the aging stars will start to ploop out and the nrg needs to come from the bench.  The Wizards won because they really just played harder.  This game is a good example of how competetive the league really is. 

Sections
Shortcuts