Center is a must!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Center is a must!

In Response to Center is a must!:
    mix in 3 way team trade: Boston-Denver-Rockets Boston Gets McGee Denver gets Kevin Martin, Bradley and Royce White/Terrence Jones Rockets gets Bass and Galinari
    Posted by The BIG TICKET

Extremely unrealistic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Center is a must!:
    In Response to Re: Center is a must! : how come it seems unrealistic?? did you see what orlando does?? they gave up an all star and one of the top 5 players in the league for Afflalo, Harrington, rooks with low selection, plus low lottery picks. Hahaha it seems like only kupFUCK can do magical way huh?
    Posted by The BIG TICKET

Orlando had to trade Dwight before training camp started.
    Denver doesn't need to and doesn't want to trade McGee.
    They also have no use for Martin who would be a $12m back up behind Iguodala.

Houston wouldn't make that trade either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: Center is a must! : Kupchack is a miracle worker. Ainge, not so much. He did get Courtney Lee by giving too much, but we Celtic fans take what we can get. Ugh!!!
    Posted by GoGREEN!

Ainge is a miracle worker. Kupchack, not so much. He did f* up the salary cap for only one year of Dwight Howard, but we Laker fakers take what we can get. Aargh!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I am not sure which deal I think is better, but I do agree that the Celtics need another center for the 2012-2013 season.

Melo may become a good NBA center in time, but probably not this season or even next season.  The Celtics seem to have a surplus of power forward type guys right now that I do not think can play center on a full time basis if something happens to Garnett.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I think we all know who we are gonna be up against in the ECF. I think that's the only real question at this point.

CAN WE BEAT THE HEAT?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I copied & pasted this from "Who will help Garnett" Discussion...

I do think we have some good wing rebounders, Wilcox, Green & Bass.  And in a crunch they can play center but are not the answer. Plus Rondo is the best rebounding guard in the game. But, we have not dominated the paint since Parrish, McHale & Bird days---could be one of the reasons we have one title in 25 years.  Without having a 5-10 rebound edge allowing 2nd chances, we need shoot 45-50% to not worry so much about the offensive boards, not easy to always do.  Garnett is not a center and, although muscular does not have the beef to combat with Bynum & Howard. More important, he is best suited, as one of the very best power forwards, to shooting 5-15 ft jumpers over 6'8" & 6'9" forwards. Gasol, like KG, is also a great power forward & I think he'll have a picnic scoring & rebounding this year as unlike KG, defenders will need concentrate on Howard. We don't have a Howard to divert defenders from KG. Hopefully, Melo & Sully will develope quickly but I'd like to get Varejao, a feisty scrapper to play along side KG. He's not a great defender and it'd be nice to get a good shot blocker too but I'd be happy if he could give us some 10+ rebounds.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Center is a must! : are u serious?? Martin's contract 12m(expiring contract) and by the way he would start at 2 to be clear for u Faker fan! Denver team Lawson/Miller Martin/Bradley/Brewer Iggy/chandler/Royce White or jones Faried/Amir johnson Mozgov/Koufos plus having picks, still not good enough?? hahaha ur moron if u wont take it! Houston lignup Lin/douglas Parsons/Delfino/Lamb Galinari/white or jones Bass/Johnson/Brockman Asik/williams/Brockman what's up faker??
    Posted by The BIG TICKET

Kevin Martin is going to start over Iguodala?
    This is some funny stuff.
    Boston would need to give up a lot more then Bradley and Bass for a very athletic relatively young starting center.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

PLUS if we extrapolate out another year, I'm guessing Melo will be ready to come off the bench full time. Collins will be gone. Is Melo's potential not as good, if not better than McGee? Remember, we are not the short-sided Lakers. Melo is 7'0 255 ... he's not a scrawny JJJ. Ainge is absolutely betting he will be a full time Celtic in 2012-13. With a frontcourt of KG, Melo, Wilcox, Bass, Sullinger ... that could look really, really good. Also depending on what happens at SG, we will be in a better position in summer of 2012 to make an upgrade trade involving Bass and one of our three SG's.
    Posted by R9R

You must not know too much about Fab Melo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Seriously, someone back me up here. Nobody "knows much" about Melo. From what I've seen and read, he looks like he could develop into a McGee - who is not yet an allstar - or at the very least as valuable a player as McGee. The point wasn't to say Melo will be a McGee replica, but may be as valuable a piece and help in similar ways. Is that such a reach, Mark from Crapneticutt. Are they even allowed to be Boston fans?
    Posted by R9R

Just because Melo is 7'0" tall doesn't mean he has any resemblabce to McGee.
    McGee is the most athletic legitimate 7 footer in the history of the league.

Melo was never very impressive at Syracuse and looked dreadful in the summer league. Ainge said he doesn't expect much from him for a year or two. If he develops, it will be after Garnett and Pierce are gone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Melo was never very impressive at Syracuse and looked dreadful in the summer league."

ok vondweebus, let me explain something to you - if you want a good big man in this league, more often than not you have to take a chance on a guy that is rough around the edges. That's why you have the chance to draft him outside of the lottery!

summer league means VERY LITTLE in this case. Melo needs time to mature.

Melo could very well be an impact player in a few years, or not. Either way it's worth the gamble. 

No, he won't have an impact this season. That's ok. 

love armchair talent scouts like you, deciding who is going to work out in the NBA and who won't while you wipe the spittle from your sippy cup and goof off on Facebook while "analyzing" summer league games. 

Spare us your analysis of the Celtics roster. thx.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

" Melo was never very impressive at Syracuse and looked dreadful in the summer league." ok vondweebus, let me explain something to you - if you want a good big man in this league, more often than not you have to take a chance on a guy that is rough around the edges. That's why you have the chance to draft him outside of the lottery! summer league means VERY LITTLE in this case. Melo needs time to mature. Melo could very well be an impact player in a few years, or not. Either way it's worth the gamble.  No, he won't have an impact this season. That's ok.  love armchair talent scouts like you, deciding who is going to work out in the NBA and who won't while you wipe the spittle from your sippy cup and goof off on Facebook while "analyzing" summer league games.  Spare us your analysis of the Celtics roster. thx.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

I am not the one that said Melo is a better prospect then McGee was.
    That is pure foolishness.

Thabeet was 10 times the prospect Melo is and how has he worked out?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Go Green exposed! A picture of Go Green extracted from LA Laker website!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

McGee has a leaping ability like Howard! McGee is a 7'0 Who's have possibility to develop faster?? McGee or Melo(who just recently drafted) Remember what Olajuwon said?? McGee should dominates in nba because of his potential to become monster! Melo is more like chandler! not McGee if we do have McGee while developing Melo, that would be great for us! KG extremely needs help ay the paint, defense and rebounder! 
    Posted by The BIG TICKET

I said the the same thing in my thread. The problem is Javale McGEE is not going to be available unless we give them something they really need.  Pierce is not that guy. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

How about Tyler Zeller in a trade for both Sullinger and Melo?  Zeller who was an Academic All-American can really run for an athletic, legit 7'-0'', 250 lbs. and has very good skills.  Zeller's upper body strength is good but his lower body strength may be a concern. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Center is a must! : Why you even here, you are a Cavs fan for crying out loud!  Cavs ZERO titles.  I'm suspecting you are not really a Cavs fan. 
    Posted by dfurypos
    I root for the Cavs first and the Celtics, second.  I was only trying to stir a little trade controversy with my previous post.  It wasn't meant to be taken all that seriously.  Yes, Cavs have zero titles.  That does not completely matter to me.  My dad, taught me to root for the underdog.  The Celtics are underdogs to a few teams.  That's part of the reason I root for them, also. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

" Melo was never very impressive at Syracuse and looked dreadful in the summer league." ok vondweebus, let me explain something to you - if you want a good big man in this league, more often than not you have to take a chance on a guy that is rough around the edges. That's why you have the chance to draft him outside of the lottery! summer league means VERY LITTLE in this case. Melo needs time to mature. Melo could very well be an impact player in a few years, or not. Either way it's worth the gamble.  No, he won't have an impact this season. That's ok.  love armchair talent scouts like you, deciding who is going to work out in the NBA and who won't while you wipe the spittle from your sippy cup and goof off on Facebook while "analyzing" summer league games.  Spare us your analysis of the Celtics roster. thx.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Sure, its the same arm chairs that predicted Bradley's incredible rise!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: Center is a must! : Why you even here, you are a Cavs fan for crying out loud!  Cavs ZERO titles.  I'm suspecting you are not really a Cavs fan. 
    Posted by dfurypos

id rather have a cavs fan rooting for the celts, that laker trolls trying to pass as Celtic fans...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: Center is a must! : Not sure who you are referring to because it is pretty evident as to who cheers for who. just sayin'
    Posted by GoGREEN!

sure Rico, whatever you say..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Posted by dfurypos

First of all, calm the funk down. I don't see you asking the same question of your Laker buddies. Celtic fans on a whole comment on other teams boards because we respect the other team and perhaps would like to pluck a player from their team to improve ours. That's why you won't see any Celtic fan on a Laker board. We don't need to impress anybody. We are 2nd to NONE!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Yes, Boston needs a center, but Boston doesn't need a dumb-as-a-post center who can't learn defensive schemes or put himself in the right place at the right time. There are options other than McGee (this is my third response in the last 10 minutes to someone's desire for McGee - I apologize for the redundancy but feel compelled to disagree) that would provide a serviceable center.  The Celtics have no need for a "neck-down" player.  Let JaVale languish on a team that's going nowhere and with the fans only want to see dunks but are resigned to losing.  Denver or Washington are the best places for McGee - no pressure, no system to learn, no playbook to study; just go in and freelance (but try to stay on the same end of the floor as his teammates).

Sections
Shortcuts