Chad Ford's mock draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Chad Ford's mock draft

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/7712831/nba-mock-draft-version-1

He's got the Celtics taking 6-8 PF Terrence Jones out of Kentucky with pick 17 and 6-11 PF Arnett Moultrie out of Mississippi State with the 24th.

Now, I'm not an ESPN genius or anything, and at 6-11 maybe Moultrie projects as more of an NBA center, but it seems to me that the C's have their issues at every position BUT PF. Wouldn't that first pick be better used on a 2, 3, or 5?

Players taken after 17:
    Meyers Leonard 7-0 C
    Austin Rivers 6-4 SG (I actually would rather he not play for Doc for both their sake)
    Terrence Ross 6-6 SG washington
    C. J. Leslie 6-8 SF/PF tweener NCST: top 10 talent with character issues...DeAndre Jordan anyone?
    Jeff Taylor 6-7 SF Vandy: 2 way player, plays above the rim, with an improving, but not quite there yet jumper...could be fun on the 2nd team running with Rondo and JJJ
    Moe Harkless 6-8 SF St John's: Not a shooter, but can score and is a solid defender...Trevor Ariza type without Trevor Ariza money.

Just some food for thought. And this is all with teams taking high potential over high polish at the top of the draft. If that changes in real life, the C's could see a lot of high potential guys slip down. They also don't have Fab Melo going in the 1st round, as many mocks I've seen don't. If he somehow slipped to the C's 2nd round pick how could they not take him on potential alone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: Chad Ford's mock draft

Very encouraging, however I question the accuracy of these projections. I think nbadraft.net has a more realistic mock.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

I don't know how I feel about Austin playing for Doc yet. I can see both sides but I think in reality the Celtics wouldn't pass up the chance to draft him and provided Ray Allen is back that's not a bad one/two punch at the 2 guard. Of course a big is a necessity with the other pick

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

austin will be gone before we pick, unless we trade up. and i'm not sure the father/son thing works for anyone anyway. probably not an ideal situation to get into. could cause all sorts of strife.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Rivers has slid into the 15-20 range lately which could of course change

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Austin is a good player, but are we sure we want to do this?  We need a big!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Two draft picks and a ton of cap space... Pretty sure we can draft a wing player and a big than utilize cap space

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Chad Ford's mock draft:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chad Ford's mock draft : Sign Hibbert for the max.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I have thought about this, and my conclusion is - I think Larry will match any offer Hibbert gets.  They are under the cap now, and I can't see him helping out Danny Ainge.  Unless the owner tells him not to match, I don't think we can get Hibbert.  Either way, he will be one rich dude!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

austin will be gone before we pick, unless we trade up. and i'm not sure the father/son thing works for anyone anyway. probably not an ideal situation to get into. could cause all sorts of strife.

Mike Dunleavy coached Mike Dunleavy Jr. In baseball, Felipe Alou managed his son Moises Alou. I'm sure there are many other examples. It happens a lot at the youth league level. I agree it would likely be an awkward situation for both father and son. Either Rivers would be too tough on his son, or too easy. The other players would question whether the father-son relationship interferes with the coach-player relationship. I'm not sure how bias couldn't seep into the situation. That being said, if Austin Rivers is clearly the best player available where the Celtics draft, I don't think the team should automatically pass on him simply because of the familial connection.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Chad Ford's mock draft:
    [QUOTE]austin will be gone before we pick, unless we trade up. and i'm not sure the father/son thing works for anyone anyway. probably not an ideal situation to get into. could cause all sorts of strife. Mike Dunleavy coached Mike Dunleavy Jr. In baseball, Felipe Alou managed his son Moises Alou. I'm sure there are many other examples. It happens a lot at the youth league level. I agree it would likely be an awkward situation for both father and son. Either Rivers would be too tough on his son, or too easy. The other players would question whether the father-son relationship interferes with the coach-player relationship. I'm not sure how bias couldn't seep into the situation. That being said, if Austin Rivers is clearly the best player available where the Celtics draft, I don't think the team should automatically pass on him simply because of the familial connection.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]
    Austin Rivers here sounds like a bad idea.  I wonder if after such a disappointing year for Duke if Rivers will even come out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I wonder if after such a disappointing year for Duke if Rivers will even come out

I'm an open-minded guy. I wouldn't stop cheering for a team or a player because of his sexuality.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

NOT FUNNY!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

I would offer hibbert a max. Overpayed? Yeah. But he fits a major need for our franchise and rondo would get him easy baskets (think healthy Shaq). I would shoot for Hibbert and Mayo or Gordon. But keep in mind any sign and trades and being third team on trades. Teams with cap space benefit from three teameta

Sections
Shortcuts