Championship window not closed yet....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Re: Championship window not closed yet....

The Window is shut with a dead bolt!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In Response to Re: Championship window not closed yet....:
    At least he (Perkins) could have stopped the Heat layup line. Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Perkins couldn't stop Dirk (Not really a dunk contest champion), Marion and Chandler getting to the rim. Actually he couldn't stopt Barea! Do you honestly believe he could have stopped James and Wade?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

First: 6/18/2010
    Last: 6/7/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3af6469691-80f6-415c-b07e-2bc429b1c74f&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:f6469691-80f6-415c-b07e-2bc429b1c74fPost:cba4b210-591a-4fd1-b836-d4bc62d581db">Re: Championship window not closed yet....:
    At least he (Perkins) could have stopped the Heat layup line. Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Perkins couldn't stop Dirk (Not really a dunk contest champion), Marion and Chandler getting to the rim. Actually he couldn't stopt Barea! Do you honestly believe he could have stopped James and Wade?  
    ----------------------------------------------
    perkins was the anchor of the celtic defense. He is not a PF or a PG, so dirk and barea would not have been his responsibility in the celtic defense.

You really are clueless, but then again I knew this already because you told me that dirk was better than Kobe too..  Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The Celtics are still a top four team? Yes.  Can they get past the 1st round of the playoffs? Maybe. About the championship window, if Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and Michael Jordan could not win a championship when they were 36 years old I don't think KG and Ray can do something Larry, Magic, and MJ couldn't.
    Posted by Fiercest34

They didn't have Pierce playing on the same team with them!!  After watching these playoffs, i think we may have been the 2nd best team in the league, and that's with Rondo playing hurt. If he was 100% we could quite possibly still be playing!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 6/7/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3af6469691-80f6-415c-b07e-2bc429b1c74f&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:f6469691-80f6-415c-b07e-2bc429b1c74fPost:d6aeaea3-d9de-4cee-9dff-34f77396787c">Re: Championship window not closed yet....:
    The Celtics are still a top four team? Yes.  Can they get past the 1st round of the playoffs? Maybe. About the championship window, if Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and Michael Jordan could not win a championship when they were 36 years old I don't think KG and Ray can do something Larry, Magic, and MJ couldn't.
    Posted by Fiercest34

They didn't have Pierce playing on the same team with them!!  After watching these playoffs, i think we may have been the 2nd best team in the league, and that's with Rondo playing hurt. If he was 100% we could quite possibly still be playing!!
    -------------------------------------

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Championship window not closed yet.... : All we need is a young center who can defend and rebound, and a backup point guard. West is not a point guard, he's a two in my opinion.
    Posted by Kirk6

Arroyo`s as good as anybody else the Celtics can afford. I`m not seeing backup point as a priority though.I think we`re all agreed we need a quality big.I think we need another scorer too, preferably one that stretches the floor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Have you people actually watched any of the NBA playoff games? I'vw seen several teams who would have totally embarassed the Celts. I found myself thinking it's a good thing they got no further than they did, or they would have suffered an 0-4 embarassment on national TV at the hands of either the Heat, Bulls, Thunder, Mavs.
    Remember, they were lucky to get past the pitiful knicks.
    If this team is going to be competitive over the next 10 years, they desprately need new blood, including a young, athletic 5. As we've seen, trading Perk for a couple of schlubs was not the answer. We would have been better off just giving Perk away and freeing up the cap space to sign FAs who would actually help.

Sections
Shortcuts