Championships by one coach and team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Championships by one coach and team.

Which coach has won the most NBA championships with one team?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Championships by one coach and team.

well, unless this is a trick question, that would be Red.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Championships by one coach and team.:
    [QUOTE]Which coach has won the most NBA championships with one team?
    Posted by vertmont[/QUOTE]

Impressive. Even more impressive is winning the most Championships of all time.

Who would that be? And no, it ISN'T a trick question.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Championships by one coach and team.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Championships by one coach and team. : You're kinda vague, who did you say was the coach that had the most championships with one team?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Come on Sybil...stay with me. The question wasn't vague at all.

Which NBA coach has won the most championships of ALL TIME...the key words being ALL TIME.That wasn't so difficult, was it?

I'll give you a clue...it WASN'T Red Auerbach.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Even more impressive the player with the most Championship rings, I bet you know who that is right? :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Championships by one coach and team. : Are those rings pre the NBA/ABA merge, pre international player base, pre 3pt shot, pre free agency, pre color television, pre Jimmy Carter a prez.....or is it the modern NBA as we know it today? I bet you know that answer right?!  :-)
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

And with that post you denegrate the Lakers Championships won in Minniapolis and the play of George Mikan, Jim Pollard, Clyde Lovellette and Slater Martin. All members of the hall of fame.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hey, can we claim the titles the San Anonio Spurs won like the Lakers claim the titles from Minn?? LOL

These Laker fans are suffering from an inferiority complex. They are grasping for straws to put the Laker franchise on a level with the Celtics.. As they make up phony stats (like total titles) we just sit back and laugh... confident in our history of NBA domination and amused how the Laker fan is still snipping at our toes trying to be noticed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

The championship issue is a bad one.

Firstly the championships from Minneapolis were ignored for years by the Lakers officials. Was basically a line with what happened in Minneapolis stayed in Minneapolis. According to Roland Lazenbys book "The Lakers" the Minneapolis trophies were found in pieces in the Forum. They were eventually restored and at the time of the books publishing in the hands of a private collector.

However for the last 11 years or so? We have now acknowledged these championships, just like the welcoming home of the biblical "prodical son". It's just in my mind a token jesture by our club.

There is one banner for the titles and the players are "honored". It's weird that Scott Pollards number is being worn by Andrew Bynum. Which in my mind isn't what "honoring" is all about. If the organisation really cared about these championships and players then there would be a banner for each championship and several retired numbers to go with them.

When we catch the Celtics 17 championships. With 17 championships won purely in Los Angeles you may well see any traces of our time in Minneapolis disappear from Staples Centre.  Basically in my they're only counted now to attempt to match up to the Celtics.

It's really poor form. We need to honor our history the right way. Not in the half baked way we're currently doing it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NaturesCamo. Show NaturesCamo's posts

[QUOTE]The championship issue is a bad one. Firstly the championships from Minneapolis were ignored for years by the Lakers officials. Was basically a line with what happened in Minneapolis stayed in Minneapolis. According to Roland Lazenbys book "The Lakers" the Minneapolis trophies were found in pieces in the Forum. They were eventually restored and at the time of the books publishing in the hands of a private collector. However for the last 11 years or so? We have now acknowledged these championships, just like the welcoming home of the biblical "prodical son". It's just in my mind a token jesture by our club. There is one banner for the titles and the players are "honored". It's weird that Scott Pollards number is being worn by Andrew Bynum. Which in my mind isn't what "honoring" is all about. If the organisation really cared about these championships and players then there would be a banner for each championship and several retired numbers to go with them. When we catch the Celtics 17 championships. With 17 championships won purely in Los Angeles you may well see any traces of our time in Minneapolis disappear from Staples Centre.  Basically in my they're only counted now to attempt to match up to the Celtics. It's really poor form. We need to honor our history the right way. Not in the half baked way we're currently doing it.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]
    Yeah I agree with you about the program not really respecting or holding dear their past in Minn. Bynum wouldn't be wearing Pollard's number if they really wanted to preserve and remember it. But it's an interesting debate whether a club should count past winnings in a different city if or when they move.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

if the Kings move to Southern California and become the Royals again, then they lay claim to the title won in Rochester in the early '50's.....the original franchise started in Rochester, moved to Cincinnati, then moved to Omaha and changed the name to the Kings....migrated to Sacramento....now moving again(?) and restoring the name back to the Royals.....so....same franchise...same name....they get to claim the title right? ....and yes, I'm being serious here...according to most here, the name is the key....teams can move from city to city...but if the name stays the same it's the same team (think Brooklyn Dodgers)...if the name changes then no link to the past (think Seattle Supersonics and Oklahoma City Thunder)...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Only good thing about the Sonics disaster/fiasco is the colors, name and history is still there in Seattle.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Exactly my friend....think Art Model moving the franchise from Cleveland to Baltimore....at least he left the team name, colors, and history....no one in Baltimore is claiming the glorious past of the Brownies!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Even more impressive the player with the most Championship rings, I bet you know who that is right? :-)
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and in my opinion, HE was the greates NBA player, not that guy in Chicago who only won 6.

Bill Russell was THE MAN!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, can we claim the titles the San Anonio Spurs won like the Lakers claim the titles from Minn?? LOL These Laker fans are suffering from an inferiority complex. They are grasping for straws to put the Laker franchise on a level with the Celtics.. As they make up phony stats (like total titles) we just sit back and laugh... confident in our history of NBA domination and amused how the Laker fan is still snipping at our toes trying to be noticed.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry Karllost, but your opinion doesn't count. You may not like that the Lakers are credited with 16 titles, but, if it wasn't true, then ESPN, Fox Sports, Sports Illustrated and every other sporting media wouldn't announce it that way. Even the official NBA website, NBA.com, credits the Lakers franchise with 16. You're only one of millions of fans with an opinion, but as long as the media continues to say "16 time NBA Champion's, the Los Angeles Lakers", then I guess you're just gonna have to bury your head in the sand and not hear it.

Now then, if you can get the media to stop crediting the Lakers "franchise" with 16, I'll go along with it. Good luck.

And the kicker is that after this year, they'll also share the record for most NBA titles with 17. I'll bet that will REALLY set you off. BTW, the Celtics ceased being the "marquee" franchise about 20 years ago. The Lakers have held that title since the 80's. They are the 2nd most valuable NBA franchise (according to Forbe's, the Knicks moved back into #1) and the most recognized NBA team worldwide. You guys can continue living with your past fond memories as the Lakers continue to move well past your teams accomplishments.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]The championship issue is a bad one. Firstly the championships from Minneapolis were ignored for years by the Lakers officials. Was basically a line with what happened in Minneapolis stayed in Minneapolis. According to Roland Lazenbys book "The Lakers" the Minneapolis trophies were found in pieces in the Forum. They were eventually restored and at the time of the books publishing in the hands of a private collector. However for the last 11 years or so? We have now acknowledged these championships, just like the welcoming home of the biblical "prodical son". It's just in my mind a token jesture by our club. There is one banner for the titles and the players are "honored". It's weird that Scott Pollards number is being worn by Andrew Bynum. Which in my mind isn't what "honoring" is all about. If the organisation really cared about these championships and players then there would be a banner for each championship and several retired numbers to go with them. When we catch the Celtics 17 championships. With 17 championships won purely in Los Angeles you may well see any traces of our time in Minneapolis disappear from Staples Centre.  Basically in my they're only counted now to attempt to match up to the Celtics. It's really poor form. We need to honor our history the right way. Not in the half baked way we're currently doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9ezh3ZZnOQ

Skip to 3.17 mark and count chic.

BTW, how's your supersonics doing these days? HAHAHAHAHAHA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I count 11 banners and one for the Minniapolis championships.

Why wasn't there a banner for the Minniapolis Championships back in 1980 or 1990? Or 1995? There's no true respect given for that team or era by management.

Again that's just my opinion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

More that shows a general lack of respect and history.

Minneapolis trophies are nowhere to be found in this picture. This is because our team no longer possess them. Dr Buss is wealthy enough to buy them back isn't he?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2009/10/06/lakers_trophies_big_381.jpg

Again, this is something simple like a cap. But it incorrectly portrays the championship trophies that were won in Minneapolis.

http://f5torefresh.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/new-era-lakers-15x-champion-trophy-59fifty-fitted-cap-2.jpg

A general and complete disregard for history as I see it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]More that shows a general lack of respect and history. Minneapolis trophies are nowhere to be found in this picture. This is because our team no longer possess them. Dr Buss is wealthy enough to buy them back isn't he? http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2009/10/06/lakers_trophies_big_381.jpg Again, this is something simple like a cap. But it incorrectly portrays the championship trophies that were won in Minneapolis. http://f5torefresh.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/new-era-lakers-15x-champion-trophy-59fifty-fitted-cap-2.jpg A general and complete disregard for history as I see it.

It's a good thing that your opinion counts for nothing, particularly being that you are/were a sonic now celtic fan. Go back to cooking deary, leave the championships to the Lake Show!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Why can't you respond to posts in a polite manner?

I was probably a fan of The Lakers since before you were born.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]Why can't you respond to posts in a polite manner? I was probably a fan of The Lakers since before you were born.

Suuuuure you were deary, and in honor of that here's a pic for you to reminisce over.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Again you're just descending into a level where you shouldn't. Come on, it's not too hard to behave in a civil way. Just because you're on a forum doesn't mean you shouldn't treat people with little or no respect.

You couldn't respond to the questions and links I posted previously because you can't. It's indefensible.

Championship trophy caps which features a trophy that only came into being in 1977 is just wrong. It's bad history, and shows no regard for the Minneapolis team and our first team to win a title in LA. The 1971 champions.

It's lazy marketing, and a poor concept.

What are your opinions on this? A simple question.

It's as poor as that Michael Bay Pearl Harbor film, featuring ships from the reserve fleet getting destroyed in the attack. They are clearly 'modern' ships and way advanced of anything that was afloat in 1941. Poor history and film making.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]Again you're just descending into a level where you shouldn't. Come on, it's not too hard to behave in a civil way. Just because you're on a forum doesn't mean you shouldn't treat people with little or no respect. You couldn't respond to the questions and links I posted previously because you can't. It's indefensible. Championship trophy caps which features a trophy that only came into being in 1977 is just wrong. It's bad history, and shows no regard for the Minneapolis team and our first team to win a title in LA. The 1971 champions. It's lazy marketing, and a poor concept. What are your opinions on this? A simple question. It's as poor as that Michael Bay Pearl Harbor film, featuring ships from the reserve fleet getting destroyed in the attack. They are clearly 'modern' ships and way advanced of anything that was afloat in 1941. Poor history and film making.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............