Chances of Glen Davis getting some time at 3?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Chances of Glen Davis getting some time at 3?

This is probably an old topic but times they are a changing.
    Glen would need to be around 275 or less which would give him more hops and lateral quickness. His leg strength in the paint is impressive and he is pretty quick on his feet even now.
    Glen might be good at slowing down some of the bigger stronger sf's (like L J ?).I don't remember seeing him play the 3 but at 300+# it wouldn"t be pretty.  Don't know if he has it in him to be a sf.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Chances of Glen Davis getting some time at 3?

can't play the position

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: Chances of Glen Davis getting some time at 3?:
    [QUOTE]can't play the position
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

You may be right but don't be surprised if he gets some time at 3.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

it ain't gonna happen.  nor should it ever.  davis is what he is.  and under-tall extremely large for his height guy with superb agility and strength.

you could starve him to death and he'd probably weigh 260 when he croaked.  he probably doesn't weigh the 295 that he's booked at.  I'd guess more like 325.  And that's just fine.  People really don't understand the difference between "fat" and just plain large.  Everything about Davis is wider or larger than an average person- to a great extent, not just a little!  The calves are larger than an average person's thighs.  And so on from top to bottom. 

He isn't fat but he weighs a ton- and we can use that as a benefit as we have already- but the guys' never seen a steady diet of minutes other than by necessity and he went for 15 and 6 = not bad.  I want to see more of him and this year's the perfect time- keep KG minutes low, let the o'neals play the 5 and davis be the 4 off the bench and a little 5 too. 

So forget about him weighing 250, being a point guard or small forward or any of that.  You saw he couldn't guard rashard lewis very well so that should tell you what you need to know any experimentation at the 3 with him. 

Maybe they can drill it into him to do a better job on the few perimeter 4's in the game and/or exploit them on the other end to a standstill.  but forget about the 3 and shrek.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

NO---We need to go out and find a legitimate 3 who can take on the elite scorers of the league (Lebron, Carmelo & Durant).  Currently, we don't have that shutdown defender.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

bbd is no more a 5 than he is a 3. he's a 4 and that's it. remember how many times he got his shot blocked in the finals??

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

depends on the machups, he should be ready for that if the matchup calls for it, any time a weak rebounding 3 is on the floor, I'd chuck him out there to try it out, could be a very difficult matchup if done correctly.  Could work that with Shaq on the floor, Rondo, Davis - the rebouding lineup, the other team would have to adjust - could neutralize a strong matchup for the other team, the coaches think of this stuff like a chess game.  Robinson off the bench to Shoot/Score - everyone else rebound like crazy, strategy strategy strategy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Chances of Glen Davis getting some time at 3?:
    [QUOTE]bbd is no more a 5 than he is a 3. he's a 4 and that's it. remember how many times he got his shot blocked in the finals??
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

whatt?  i'm sure it was davis i saw adequately bodying out howard, bynum, duncan, shaq and any big 5 he was asked to guard in spot duty.  he's in trouble if these guys get in close on him but with his weight and strength he does a great job keeping big 5's out of their sweet spot.

likewise i have seen him score on 5's using the jump hook and his preferred inside moves of 'scoring on the run' with leaning shots and using the backboard / rim as a shield.  davis gets in trouble when he goes straight up in traffic- no doubt about it.  but for all of those BA's he does get some foul shots.

but don't diminish his ability to adequately play the 5 for spot duty over it.  that's just not the truth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Chances of Glen Davis getting some time at 3?:
    [QUOTE] This is probably an old topic but times they are a changing. Glen would need to be around 275 or less which would give him more hops and lateral quickness. His leg strength in the paint is impressive and he is pretty quick on his feet even now. Glen might be good at slowing down some of the bigger stronger sf's (like L J ?).I don't remember seeing him play the 3 but at 300+# it wouldn"t be pretty.  Don't know if he has it in him to be a sf.
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

DO YOU WANT "BABY-DOLL" BACK IN DOC'S DOG-HOUSE.....