CHANGES coming ??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

CHANGES coming ??????

Danny & Doc have seen enough !!!  Rondo is on the table !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: CHANGES coming ??????

I respect your opinion Bill, but Rondo is not the problem! Are you stating the Cs should trade RR and keep Bass?

RR is one of the top 3-PGs in the league, who happens to be fulfilling a team friendly contract (with out whining)! He has lapses, but I would take him any day over 90% of the other PGs in the league!

RR cant run a fast-break if his team mates do not get rebounds and or steals!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

I respect your opinion Bill, but Rondo is not the problem! Are you stating the Cs should trade RR and keep Bass?

RR is one of the top 3-PGs in the league, who happens to be fulfilling a team friendly contract (with out whining)! He has lapses, but I would take him any day over 90% of the other PGs in the league!

RR cant run a fast-break if h dis team mates do not get rebounds and or steals!

Not just Rondo.... All players should be on the table, save Sully, Bradley & a few others.....  Rondo has the most value today.... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Even at this point, a major trade wouldn't bring the C's up beyond about a 4-5 seed in the playoffs.  And that's assuming they can play consistent ball and can gel quickly.  Miami is still going to run away with the east regardless of any trade in the east. 

And beyond that, the west is just too good.  Miami's not going to beat SA, LAC, or OKC in a 7 game set.  I'm in favor of making significant trades, but not until the season's over.  Just seems like a pyrrhic victory at best to deal someone like Rondo.

And for people who really want Cousins (who is admittedly a sick baller), he's likely to do more time in prison than he will in the NBA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to soups' comment:

Even at this point, a major trade wouldn't bring the C's up beyond about a 4-5 seed in the playoffs.  And that's assuming they can play consistent ball and can gel quickly.  Miami is still going to run away with the east regardless of any trade in the east. 

And beyond that, the west is just too good.  Miami's not going to beat SA, LAC, or OKC in a 7 game set.  I'm in favor of making significant trades, but not until the season's over.  Just seems like a pyrrhic victory at best to deal someone like Rondo.

And for people who really want Cousins (who is admittedly a sick baller), he's likely to do more time in prison than he will in the NBA.

We've shown before that seed doesn't matter.  If we can get that high, we will be playing well enough to compete.  I think only MIA can beat us.  NY?  NO!  CHI?  Yes, if we don't get a rebounder...we can beat anyone else!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Soups respectfully you don't know Cousins is a prison type of guy.  He's a spoiled brat and bully but has not committed any crimes.  I say if he is available for a price go get him.  It will elongate KG's career and give us a chance to contend. The odds are he will benefit from kG's leadership.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

We've shown before that seed doesn't matter.  If we can get that high, we will be playing well enough to compete.  I think only MIA can beat us.  NY?  NO!  CHI?  Yes, if we don't get a rebounder...we can beat anyone else!!

Hedley, with Rondo we almost beat Lebron and his team.  Lebron finally manned up.  We have beaten him time and again as a Cav.  We had them dead to rights last year. Miami is vulnerable playing us because of Rondo.  That can't defend him.  So trading Rondo would hurt us against Miami.  We have to get a big man and keep Rondo to contend this year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Soups respectfully you don't know Cousins is a prison type of guy.  He's a spoiled brat and bully but has not committed any crimes.  I say if he is available for a price go get him.  It will elongate KG's career and give us a chance to contend. The odds are he will benefit from kG's leadership.

I also think that if Cousins is available, we have to go for it.  However, while he'll benefit from KG's leadership and Doc's candor, I do worry he'll not learn ANYTHING positive from Rondo's attitude.   Rondo is simply a small Cousins so together they could be a very talented duo with big attitude problems.   But, if available, you have to try given their immense talent.

Soups, I don't know what they can win for sure, but if you add Cousins' talent to KG, Pierce, Rondo, and Bradley's experience - you could have a better team than you think.  The West is tough, but in a seven game series, anything can happen.  Injuries, coaching, a few good or bad calls all make a huge difference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I respect your opinion Bill"

I don't, as it's not an informed opinion. Bil doesn't know basketball at all, he just likes BLOCKBUSTER trades that TRANSFORM rosters. Just ask him. Bill is a Red Sox guy who only comes in here a few times a year when the Celts are struggling in order to get all worked about about big trades. 

Bill you misunderstood Doc's comments. I'll explain it to you so you can understand since you don't follow the team very closely. Doc was motivating his players, or trying to. He put them on notice. Now they have several weeks to see what they can prove. Danny will NOT trade Rondo before the deadline as he views Rondo as essential to making a playoff run this year. Trading Rondo would be a sign that the Celts are embracing some serious rebuilding from Ainge's view. That could happen before the deadline only if the Celts tank it the next few weeks, then, you may be right. It's far more likely if Rondo were to be traded it would happen in the summer if Ainge is convinced there is a better way to go.

But for now, Ainge is not trading Rondo. He's surely looking at the other pieces but at the moment he'd be much more inclined to trade extra guys (Lee, Barbosa, Terry, draft picks) for a big. Remember also that most teams still think they are in it. In a few weeks it will be a much better trade environment. I don't think Ainge or Doc have a sense of what this team is about yet. That means they will take phone calls of course but right now I'm sure they are looking hard to see who really wants to play and who the problems are. And, who has trade value of any kind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc, lets take a closer look at this .... you apparently feel we have the talent to be a much better team.. You feel some of these guys are not honest with themselves and not fully committed...

Doc, that sounds an awful lot like a group of guys not motivated (committed)

You say some guys want the easy way out, they dont wanna work hard to win...

Doc... it really sounds like youre not getting through to them.

Why do players on other teams seem so hungry to win and leave it all on the court? I look at the Bulls and admire them greatly. They bust most every game and without their best player all season..  Doc, why arent the Celtics like this?  Are the great majority of our players just rotten apples or are you just not effective?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Doc, lets take a closer look at this .... you apparently feel we have the talent to be a much better team.. You feel some of these guys are not honest with themselves and not fully committed...

Doc, that sounds an awful lot like a group of guys not motivated (committed)

You say some guys want the easy way out, they dont wanna work hard to win...

Doc... it really sounds like youre not getting through to them.

Why do players on other teams seem so hungry to win and leave it all on the court? I look at the Bulls and admire them greatly. They bust most every game and without their best player all season..  Doc, why arent the Celtics like this?  Are the great majority of our players just rotten apples or are you just not effective?  

You might be right Karl.  There comes a time in a coach's time with a team when his players start tuning him out.  That's not necessarily a reflection of the coach's ability, but more of a statement about human nature.

But as DA and Doc are so tight, you can be certain the next move will be to replace players rather than the coach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArtWikle. Show ArtWikle's posts

Why not find a way to get Pau Gasol. He is not happy in LA and Bass and Green and a 2nd round pick. Yes a center which is what the Celts need. Get KG back to PF. Pierce, Rondo and Avery round out the 5.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"I respect your opinion Bill"

I don't, as it's not an informed opinion. Bil doesn't know basketball at all, he just likes BLOCKBUSTER trades that TRANSFORM rosters. Just ask him. Bill is a Red Sox guy who only comes in here a few times a year when the Celts are struggling in order to get all worked about about big trades. 

Bill you misunderstood Doc's comments. I'll explain it to you so you can understand since you don't follow the team very closely. Doc was motivating his players, or trying to. He put them on notice. Now they have several weeks to see what they can prove. Danny will NOT trade Rondo before the deadline as he views Rondo as essential to making a playoff run this year. Trading Rondo would be a sign that the Celts are embracing some serious rebuilding from Ainge's view. That could happen before the deadline only if the Celts tank it the next few weeks, then, you may be right. It's far more likely if Rondo were to be traded it would happen in the summer if Ainge is convinced there is a better way to go.

But for now, Ainge is not trading Rondo. He's surely looking at the other pieces but at the moment he'd be much more inclined to trade extra guys (Lee, Barbosa, Terry, draft picks) for a big. Remember also that most teams still think they are in it. In a few weeks it will be a much better trade environment. I don't think Ainge or Doc have a sense of what this team is about yet. That means they will take phone calls of course but right now I'm sure they are looking hard to see who really wants to play and who the problems are. And, who has trade value of any kind.

SORRY, oh great wise-one.........  Let me tell you, Danny & Doc have already figured out what they want/who to do.... Just waiting to pull the trigger !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to ArtWikle's comment:

Why not find a way to get Pau Gasol. He is not happy in LA and Bass and Green and a 2nd round pick. Yes a center which is what the Celts need. Get KG back to PF. Pierce, Rondo and Avery round out the 5.

I would do Bass and Green in a heartbeat for Gasol.  Gasol had 25 the other nite by being able to play down low with Howard out.  I am not a Gasol fan but he is exactly what we need.  Isn't quite the defensive presence but his size alone is a presence.

Sections
Shortcuts