1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Changes to forums and comments

Hi everybody,

As you can see, we've launched new discussion forums, article comments, and personal profiles on the site. We've always relied on software from other companies to power our user tools.  But during the past few months, we've built our own – we think this will give us more flexibility and control over these features.

Here in the forums, we had to delay the implementation of some of the features that you like: The gold star that brings you to the first unread comment, Ignore this user, spell check, add an image, and some others. We have a working list of items to restore in the coming days and weeks.

There’s a fuller explainer here: http://www.boston.com/community/note_to_bostoncom_users/

Please leave a comment here about any features that are missing that I didn't mention in the note linked above, or if you're having any technical issues.

Thanks.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

In response to Changes to forums and comments:

A troll crying foul?

Love the Mutley picture!!  Can Dick Dastardly be far behind?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Please explain why some posters are being removed when they are not breaking any rule? I am referring to GoGreen. Apparently he has been targeted for no other reason except for being quite funny. If your blog is going to be run by moderators with no sense of humor that do not allow anything more than some humor without breaking the rules, why even have a blog in the first place? You might as well shut the entire thing down. Thank you in advance for a response.

We apparently may have lost  a quite funny GoGreen for reasons not entirely clear... but we have recently gained BloggetyBloop who is equally  hilarous.

Bloop's very first post was a cryptic tongue-in-cheek classic.... "So good to be back. That was easy."

Hmmmmmmmm...

Pud

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Please explain why some posters are being removed when they are not breaking any rule? I am referring to GoGreen. Apparently he has been targeted for no other reason except for being quite funny. If your blog is going to be run by moderators with no sense of humor that do not allow anything more than some humor without breaking the rules, why even have a blog in the first place? You might as well shut the entire thing down. Thank you in advance for a response.

We apparently may have lost  a quite funny GoGreen for reasons not entirely clear... but we have recently gained BloggetyBloop who is equally  hilarous.

Bloop's very first post was a cryptic tongue-in-cheek classic.... "So good to be back. That was easy."

Hmmmmmmmm...

Pud

[/QUOTE]Wonderful investigative work my friend.

[/QUOTE]

Care to explain your very 1st post?

Some of these swine have no sense of humor.

Pud

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

It's called trolling and that is against the rule. Welcome to the internet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

Also this is the Celtics forum. If you want to troll around by being a fake Celtics fan or constantly post about Lakers then take it to a LAL forum.

It's pretty simple. The Celtics forum should be devoted to the Celtics. You can take the LAL chatter to the Around the NBA forum.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Every time the Globe changes the discussions format, it gets worse, with the latest a prime example.  Having to bypass every other forum to get to Sports then Cetics is absurd.  When you're in the Celtics section, you should be able to click the Discussions button and get to the Celtics board.  It was silly for all sports boards to be on one page in the first place but at least it was limited to sports only.  The logical change should have been to tie each sport/team with discussions that are relevant to that sport/team.  Instead, what we get is a maelstrom of boards that includes everything in the Globe.  Nice - when subtraction would be better, we get addition.  Does anyone do even a little investigation before changing a website?  What about a brief readers' survey before jumping off the cliff?  Did anyone really believe that the former sequence was broken and had to be repaired or did someone just decide to give some work to a friend with free rein to muck up the entire website?  Amateurs!   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hmmmmmmmm...

Pud

[/QUOTE]Wonderful investigative work my friend.

[/QUOTE]

Care to explain your very 1st post?

Some of these swine have no sense of humor.

Pud

[/QUOTE]I used to be BynumizaHERO and forgot my password and found that it was very simple to register again after these changes.  :)

[/QUOTE]Sorry... that does not have a ring of truth to it. 

And then you begin whinning about how badly GoGreen had been treated.

BTW: your forgotten password? Try.... SKRU-Cs-Fans

No sympathy from me.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    Also, it'd be nice if we use quote the prompt is placed after the quote.
    Thanks.

AK

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I don't like that every post is quoted........it makes it too long.  I liked the old way where you only saw the last, immeditate post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Baiting trolls are never welcome as far as I am concerned, but this new format is awful.

Maybe BDC wants to discourage posters as this infection of trolls seems untenable.  The kids just won't go away.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

dottie, this board is not as robust or user friendly as the previous set up. yeah, we shall see what changes are yet to be implemented, but let's not any of us kid ourselves regarding what we've seen thus far.

concord, these trolls will go nowhere as long as bdc decision makers refuse to moderate neither them nor longtime prolific, multi-identity posters such as hedley and fierce, who cannot / will not cease baiting and provoking them.
    Bailey, you got it right. Fierce and Hedley/Russ are the provocateurs, but you mustn't leave out Duke as far as being inciteful, he calls you pal and friend as you rotorooters your rear end.
    I don't mind civil discussion but when it turns bitter towards the Lakers because of their successes in the last 3 decades that now put them on the threshold of being number one in titles, and the namecalling and derisiveness starts, then I and other trolls have to speak up. It is incredible how childish fierce, hedley/russ and duke can be.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

believe it or not, I am not being sarcastic when I refer to someone as pal or buddy.....that is the way the friends in "my group" speak to one another...I have respect for all fans as long as they are not trolling....I have many old friends who are Laker fans.....we usually agree to disagree when this subject comes up...I am also friends with several Laker posters who frequent this board...I try to show respect to everyone....sometimes I over react.....not hard to do when people question your character...some posters are down right rude....in my opinion, that is what makes them a troll...sorry if I offend you...that is not my intention...and if you haven't noticed....you will never see my name on another teams board....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

lakerstroll needs to read the entire thread to discover on his own who indeed throws the first punch....I'm tired of his useless complaining about me, when much of it is unwarranted.  I retaliate, yes....I instigate - no way!!