1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

lakerstroll needs to read the entire thread to discover on his own who indeed throws the first punch....I'm tired of his useless complaining about me, when much of it is unwarranted.  I retaliate, yes....I instigate - no way!! 

i'll vouch for the fact that complaining about redRuss  is useless. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Changes to forums and comments:

lakerstroll needs to read the entire thread to discover on his own who indeed throws the first punch....I'm tired of his useless complaining about me, when much of it is unwarranted.  I retaliate, yes....I instigate - no way!! 

i'll vouch for the fact that complaining about redRuss  is useless. 

Thank you  very much, Mr. - I only come on here to talk about basketball!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Okay folks, an update:

Ignore, Edit, images, colored fonts, etc. are coming back. We have a long list of items and are working through them.

Painter, you can bookmark either the page that has all Sports forums on it:
    http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/100 

Or just the Celtics:
    http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/100/920 

Or just the Celtics Front Burner:
    http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/100/1240 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Okay folks, an update:

Ignore, Edit, images, colored fonts, etc. are coming back. We have a long list of items and are working through them.

Painter, you can bookmark either the page that has all Sports forums on it:
    http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/100 

Or just the Celtics:
    http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/100/920 

Or just the Celtics Front Burner:
    http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/100/1240 

BDC. 
    What about a better access page like the one that existed a week ago.  The constant logging in and the hot topics off the middle of the celtics web page is really much less friendly than it was before.  I wonder why these changes were made.  Was it the  trolls dominating all topics at this slow time of year for basketball?  What will be interesting is if these changes inhibit the trolls and there attempt to take over this bb from Celtic fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

dottie, faint praise but kudos on the strikethru option.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

If you want us trolls to go away then stop mentioning the Lakers with every other thread. That means stop demeaning, minimalizing and trashing the Lakers. If you go to any other board the the only team mentioned is their own team. This is the only board that the Lakers are mentioned about as much as the board's own team. Continue your trash talk and we will be here. Period. I just don't get it as to why you all have to bring up the Lakers so much. Why are we so important to you? When Duke mentiones Celtics success, it's always said in a hateful way toward the Lakers. And on and on and on. I guarantee, stop menitoning the Lakers, good or bad, and you will see the trolls go away. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

I just don't get it as to why you all have to bring up the Lakers so much.

lakerstroll, there is so much laker presence and laker discussion here because bdc welcomes traffic - all traffic, including laker traffic. where else are you going to find as high a caliber celtics board as this that is so welcoming to dissenting opinion? answer: you're not. that is precisely why YOU are here. 

btw, DOTTIE, why must i sign in over and over most everytime i visit?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Lakerstroll....that was a good post....I understand where you are coming from....please understand my position if you will

I have many Laker friends (in my life) and others (on this board...some are even facebook friends now).....I have said time and again that I have the utmost respect for the franchise and it's fans (I was a Laker fan when I was a youngster.....Elgin Baylor was my hero and I actually got to see him score 42 points against the Syracuse Nats when I was about 11 years old)...that said.......

I have never posted on any other team's forum ......I simply refuse to start getting into it with fans of another team on their home turf..

this discussion has been the result of a Laker troll starting a thread that dissed the Celtics....he posted a link to an article written by Hollinger which proclaimed the Lakers as the all time NBA franchise.....he then started taunting Celtic fans as if the article (written by a confirmed Laker fan) was "the Gospel as they say..I have seen the same thing written by Bill Simmons (a confirmed Celtic lover)....we did not initiate this mess....we simply reacted when we were baited into a confrontation...

you have your opinion....I have mine....we can "agree to disagree"....but we never started this...a fan from your camp did....and the trolls piled on....maybe you weren't here when it began (almost three years ago)...I was...

if you find my opinions offensive I apologize....that is not my intent...if you would like another opinion, simply contact a few of your fellow Laker fans....Worthy, jofc, the new GK and Elias just to name a few, might offer a different point of view....at least I would hope so...

I would welcome a sharing of our knowledge without any name calling (which I will not do)...and, as I said earlier today.....when I refer to someone as pal or buddy....that is the "lingo" we use when our friends all get together...it is not meant as sarcasm.... 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

well, I'm always willing to meet them half way.....as I said, I have become friends with a few of the posters....I'd rather discuss topics as though we were all sitting together around a camp fire...or on someone's front porch...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

they're just looking for an excuse to antagonize the Celtic fans on this board. 

fierce, i don't think they need much of an excuse at all beyond you and mr. whoMe? how many posts do you have in the past 24 hours designed to antagonize laker trolls?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

so, fierce, instead of being one of two primary sources of laker troll infestation here, you - in fact - are completely innocent of any such thing. is that what i'm getting here? because that  is blatantly untrue.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

they're just looking for an excuse to antagonize the Celtic fans on this board. 

fierce, i don't think they need much of an excuse at all beyond you and mr. whoMe? how many posts do you have in the past 24 hours designed to antagonize laker trolls?

Of course, some Celtics fans come on here, say they only want to talk basketball, and always act as a moral compass for how the rest of us should  behave.  People who haven't made a basketball related post in days, and people who antagonize ALL posters, not just lakers fans should just shut the heck up and realize they are no better than anyone else when it comes to instigating!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bailey,
    The idea that trolls are here because of other Celtics posters is absurd. Really anybody who posts here regularly knows the trolls are here only to annoy and pester Celtic fans. Fierce and Red Russ are not the problem.  Your are blaming the response to the invasion rather than the cause.

Why don't you just go ahead and contribute to the Celtics discourse.  Other than this discussion I rarely read anything from you but a witty rejoinder every now and then. This bb is about day to day discussion of the home team.  Contribute.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Lakers have already taken action to resolve the troll infestation issue on this site! They hired an exterminator, who has disguised himself as their coach. His name is Mike Brown! 

In a few short weeks when this klown, I mean coach, I mean troll exterminator, attempts to install a Princeton style offense with the roster that is the LA Lakers, it will mark the beginning of the end of LA's playoff hopes! 

A few weeks later (after a full Laker implosion) the trolls will likely scurry for cover (back to their own forums to state exactly what many of us have been stating all summer long THE LAKERS SUCK)!  

Problem solved! Thanks for the assist Mitch! Isn't it great how we all get along! 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Can you put a rush on the Ignore button?  It's getting awfully cluttered with inane discussion mostly about trolls to which they are responding.  They are hijacking every topic with mostly "me, me, me" trash.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    can you fix this message about forbidden words: "-s"
    Thanks,
    AK

Sections
Shortcuts