1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

Folks, most of the items you've listed are not errors or mistakes or bugs ... they are features that we could not replicate from the previous software before launch because of the deadline we were given. They all will be restored as we work through our list of outstanding items. They include:  

> Edit your post  
    > Gold stars to jump to your last unread post  
    > Ignore a user  
    > Add an image  
    > Colored fonts  
    > Change your avatar  
    > Add a signature  
    Etc.  

There are bugs, which are to be expected with a project as massive as this one: We imported more than half a million user accounts (along with all the associated avatars, userIDs, member since and last post dates), more than 3 million forum posts, and who knows how many millions of article comments. And we had to make that data, all originated in another company's software, fit and work into the platform we were building.  

We have a list of all of the bugs, including those you noted, and our devs are working through them now. We know that the bad words filters is malfunctioning (related to the "S" issue). We know that when you type in this comment box and use return at the end, your cursor disappears off the box. We know that some of the WYSIWYG tools at the bottom of the comment box aren't working. And we know that many of you keep getting logged out between browser sessions.  

I apologize for the annoyances, but believe me, several developers are on this full-time. These items all will get restored, and the bugs fixed. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Thank you Dottie......throughout the process and over the years you have remained "a trooper"....and we appreciate it...!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

that is great to hear, dottie. sounds like you guys are on it. thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Seriously,every other fan discussion board is geared toward the actual fans, focussing on the enrichment of the fan experience and not fiixated on any little blurb that may be possibly somehow in some obtruse way offensive to the prudish extremism sect. BDC over seers ,just for laughs try to post some of the intentfully sophmoric baiting with the sole intent of adjitating fans that are in your locale and are a valid revenue demographic. Like I suggested for purely ambient function try posting the inanely vitrolistic diatribes that have infested these discussion boards unlike any other forum offered to the demanding that. Stop being enablers for juvenile posters of nefarious intent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

When you go to the Celtics from the main page and you click on discussions it would be nice if you would go to the Celtics forum instead of having to scroll through several discussions to get to it.

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Folks, most of the items you've listed are not errors or mistakes or bugs ... they are features that we could not replicate from the previous software before launch because of the deadline we were given. They all will be restored as we work through our list of outstanding items. They include:  

> Edit your post  
    > Gold stars to jump to your last unread post  
    > Ignore a user  
    > Add an image  
    > Colored fonts  
    > Change your avatar  
    > Add a signature  
    Etc.  

There are bugs, which are to be expected with a project as massive as this one: We imported more than half a million user accounts (along with all the associated avatars, userIDs, member since and last post dates), more than 3 million forum posts, and who knows how many millions of article comments. And we had to make that data, all originated in another company's software, fit and work into the platform we were building.  

We have a list of all of the bugs, including those you noted, and our devs are working through them now. We know that the bad words filters is malfunctioning (related to the "S" issue). We know that when you type in this comment box and use return at the end, your cursor disappears off the box. We know that some of the WYSIWYG tools at the bottom of the comment box aren't working. And we know that many of you keep getting logged out between browser sessions.  

I apologize for the annoyances, but believe me, several developers are on this full-time. These items all will get restored, and the bugs fixed. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The last couple of years the moderators of the Celtics has been so lax it has become impossible to actually have an actual discussion with other Celtic fans due to the extreme amount of juvenille posters that come only badger and harass Celtic fans. If one tried to pull these antics on,let's say, an LA Times boards the post would be removed and the poster would not be able to repost. It has ruined these boards!!! At the very least please bring back the ignore option.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Please hurry with the ignore feature.....I have two people I need to use it on!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Fierce and who else?

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce and who else?

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Hardy har har...................KingShaq and BP!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Some posters are a lot more interested in what I have to say than I am about  what they have to say.

That mismatch creates problems that IGNORE only partially solves.

But heck.. a partial solution beats no solution  in our less-than-perfect cyber-community. 

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some posters are a lot more interested in what I have to say than I am about  what they have to say.

That mismatch creates problems that IGNORE only partially solves.

But heck.. a partial solution beats no solution  in our less-than-perfect cyber-community. 

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Apparently those two cling on my every word!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The ignore button is the first feature that should be brought back,thank you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Going to wait until the ignore function is ready before I visit again.  Went into the Darko thread and I swear there are more Lakers trolls in there than Celtics fans.  This place is worse than grade school, where there's at least a teacher to keep things in check.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]

Hi everybody,

As you can see, we've launched new discussion forums, article comments, and personal profiles on the site. 

[/QUOTE]

How hard can it possibly be to put a link to the Celtics discussion board ON the Celtics page??????      

WHat possible reason could you have to NOT do that????  

I am astonished.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]

Hi everybody,

As you can see, we've launched new discussion forums, article comments, and personal profiles on the site. We've always relied on software from other companies to power our user tools.  But during the past few months, we've built our own – we think this will give us more flexibility and control over these features.

Here in the forums, we had to delay the implementation of some of the features that you like: The gold star that brings you to the first unread comment, Ignore this user, spell check, add an image, and some others. We have a working list of items to restore in the coming days and weeks.

There’s a fuller explainer here: http://www.boston.com/community/note_to_bostoncom_users/

Please leave a comment here about any features that are missing that I didn't mention in the note linked above, or if you're having any technical issues.

Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

As Always,

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

In response to videoburns' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hi everybody,

As you can see, we've launched new discussion forums, article comments, and personal profiles on the site. 

[/QUOTE]

How hard can it possibly be to put a link to the Celtics discussion board ON the Celtics page??????      

WHat possible reason could you have to NOT do that????  

I am astonished.

[/QUOTE]

Done...   Thank you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

How do I search for old topics? Where is the search bar for the forums?

P.S.- I am not pleased the by the bi-annual extremely annoying changes you guys keep making.

We need expediencey. We want direct links to Celtics forum from the Celtics page.

We want to find topics from a month or so ago.

We want "like" buttons. We want "ignore" buttons. We want "dislike" buttons.

We want unread posts highlighted.

I know it's a lot. But your World Class, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

I would like to respectfully ask for answers to the following two questions: Why are obvious trolls allowed to keep posting here?  Why are profanity and personal attacks allowed when they are supposed to be against the rules?

I've stopped posting on this board and come here much less often simply because trolls are allowed to run rampant.  Putting them on ignore is not a solution because someone will reply to the troll and the troll's posts appear along with the replies. 

A handful of trolls can make reading a board so tedious that it isn't worth it.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Please bring back the Ignore option,seriously without it this forum is not enjoyable when you have the same obsessed malcontents brining any conversation down to a Jr. High name calling level. Even worse I suspect that many of these posters are the same one person.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Please bring back the Ignore option,seriously without it this forum is not enjoyable when you have the same obsessed malcontents brining any conversation down to a Jr. High name calling level. Even worse I suspect that many of these posters are the same one person.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts