1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

Please bring back the Ignore option,seriously without it this forum is not enjoyable when you have the same obsessed malcontents brining any conversation down to a Jr. High name calling level. Even worse I suspect that many of these posters are the same one person.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

So it's been over a month.

Is this really what it is going to be like?

It's horrible.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Dottie - I think from the last few comments you can see who the real fans are, and who the stalkers and trouble makers are.  I have been told by the moderators to "use the ignore button".  That is  a great policy.  I fail to see why the "search" button would be useful in any way, except for a person that wants to stalk another poster!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I wasn't talking about the ignore button.

I was talking about the site.  It's horrible.  It is much worse than it was before.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This discussion forum is TRASH... the Globe has letdown every loyal fan of Boston sports who used to come here to talk about the local sports teams they love and in turn bring business to the paper/website

There is no logical explanation for why the layout of this forum is so backwards. It is not user friendly, it is an eyesore, and low IQ mentally unstable childish losers are allowed by 'moderators' (do they even exist?) to vomit ignorant hateful anti-Boston drivel on here all day long.

The Globe is cheap, slow, blind and refuses to help those that ask for it and deserve it while enabling the trolls and confrontational losers of the world to set up camp here.

BDC you are a JOKE... thanks for ruining what was once great

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Seems like the BDC is telling us this is what it is. Like it or leave it.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

BDC wants this to be a cage match with lots of fighting, lots of posts amd many page views.

Mission Accomplished!

[/QUOTE]

It used to be about three times busier around here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So it's been over a month.

Is this really what it is going to be like?

It's horrible.

[/QUOTE]

I have posted twice since this format came to be.  I am glad to hear you feel the same way.

My conclusion is the BDC wants this board to die a slow death and it is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I wouldn't "pay to play" with the current format but its okay... certainly not horrible. Not great either.

The IGNORE option obviously needs to return.

Once the season starts, posters will magically return. At this point, there is darn little to talk about... except what might be.

Should be an interesting season. Baring injuries, Cs will be competitive.

Considering where we were a year ago when the wheels began to come off after the strike-shortened season began, Cs fans have a lot to be thankful for. (Laker fans even more so.)

Could be far, far worse.

Pud 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't "pay to play" with the current format but its okay... certainly not horrible. Not great either.

Once the season starts, posters will magically return. At this point, there is darn little to talk about... except what might be.

Considering where we were a year ago when the wheels began to come off after the strike-shortened season began, Cs fans have a lot to be thankful for. (Laker fans even more so.)

Could be far, far worse.

Pud 

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

Could be far, far worse.

Pud 

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Could be far, far worse.

Pud 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud I disagree this format is an inhibitor of postings.  I am happy and optimistic about the Celtics season but have a real sense this format was changed to discourage the traffic on this bb.

What I don't know the answer to is why a more friendly and updated bulletin board was changed to a primitive and backward one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[/QUOTE]

Pud I disagree this format is an inhibitor of postings.  I am happy and optimistic about the Celtics season but have a real sense this format was changed to discourage the traffic on this bb.

What I don't know the answer to is why a more friendly and updated bulletin board was changed to a primitive and backward one.

[/QUOTE]

All good things take time. That's the simple explanation. Best?

Why discourage traffic? Makes no sense from a $$$ perspective and $$$ is the driver.

Format is clumsy for sure. Not intolerable.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    This bb is on the ropes.  For me this format is intolerable.
    All good things take time. That's the simple explanation. Best?

Why discourage traffic? Makes no sense from a $$$ perspective and $$$ is the driver.

Format is clumsy for sure. Not intolerable.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[/QUOTE]
    This bb is on the ropes.  For me this format is intolerable.
    [/QUOTE]

I thought I was the master of the over-statement. You're outdoing me.

Cs getting out to a 10-2 start... R9R finds his long-lost jumper and some consistency.... and the intolerable format  becomes somehow less so.

Fixes are in the pipeline.

Pud

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Far and away the least friendly of the sports forums, I don't know which is worse here, the trolls who only come to harass and annoy, or the small clique of Celtic fans who only respond to one another or to the trolls. If you don't fall in to one of those catagories, there is little point in showing up here. If it is dying, that is why. Don't blame the new format. It was that way before the change.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Far and away the least friendly of the sports forums, I don't know which is worse here, the trolls who only come to harass and annoy, or the small clique of Celtic fans who only respond to one another or to the trolls. If you don't fall in to one of those catagories, there is little point in showing up here. If it is dying, that is why. Don't blame the new format. It was that way before the change.

[/QUOTE]
    The Celtic trolls are far worse. 

They squall like enraged crybabies in adverse situations. 

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I probably missed the reason BDC eliminated the ignore button.. doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

I also dislike the extra steps to get here.. used to be click on "discussions" on the Celtics page and voila..you were here.. Now its click on discussions, then scroll to find Celtics again, click on Celtics, then click again on "on the front burner".  Me no like...

Regarding trolls, very few sites run by major companies like Yahoo or BDC give a krap. THis is small potatoes to them... if it mattered, they'd fix.

What I dont get is why Dottie made the post looking for comments and hasst done much in the way of accodating or responding, from what Ive seen. Id stop wasting my breath on Dottie

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Karl, I just saved the main page to my favorites and it works every time....when I click on it I go right to the current thread page....try it buddy...!