1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Karl, I just saved the main page to my favorites and it works every time....when I click on it I go right to the current thread page....try it buddy...!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Duke, good idea.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Where is the ignore button?

And would you please block these Laker trolls!

Still nothing, BDC is a brick wall right now, creating a 100% non fan friendly forum... and ignorning request after request to do the jobs moderators are expected to do

shameful

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I echo the sentiments of Kirk and rameakap!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I don't care about the ignore button.  I just hate the whole (quote) thing.

It's ridiculous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

If you ladies are wildly unhappy with the state of affairs at BDC..... you are free as birds to leave.

The door is unlocked.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you ladies are wildly unhappy with the state of affairs at BDC..... you are free as birds to leave.

The door is unlocked.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Really babe?

I had no idea.  

I will remind you of that next time you cry about Rondo.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

9 AM PST - time for Bloggy to take over the forum!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

9 AM PST - time for Bloggy to take over the forum!!

[/QUOTE]

Two or three weeks ago, I asked a simple, very civil question of the moderator on this thread:  why are trolls allowed?  

Most well-run sites don't permit them.  This site would be greatly enhanced without the ubiquitous, childish attempts of trolls to poison the discussions here.  Every thread is infested by their juvenile behavior, much to the detriment of the board.

Is it the policy to let anyone post anything?  (I note that personal attacks appear in every thread, the vast majority a result of trolliing.)  Does the moderator not have enough time to do the job?  Does she think it is too difficult to determine who is a troll?  Does she think it is not a problem?  

An answer from the moderator would be appreciated.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

They are!!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They are!!!

[/QUOTE]

hedley, I was not referring to you.  You report any and everything that you don't agree with.  I could say that i like chocolate ice cream and if you disagreed, you would report me.  You make it hard for REAL fans of the NBA to come and enjoy themselves on this board and the moderators should dismiss you. Have a great weekend! 

[/QUOTE]

It's not for REAL fans of the NBA - it's not for you either - it's for CELTICS fans, or can't you read???

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Didn't say it prohibits them, just said it should......CELTICS ON THE FRONT BURNER!!!!

See, you can't read!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Didn't say it prohibits them, just said it should......CELTICS ON THE FRONT BURNER!!!!

See, you can't read!!

[/QUOTE]

Awww, c'mon with that nonsense.  There are plenty of other NBA fans that come to this board and you should be more welcoming. I frequent many different team blogs as many NBA fans do. You need to come out of that bubble that you seem to be living in. Have a fantastic weekend! 

[/QUOTE]

Name five!!  NOT lakers fans!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

I can't believe that after all these months we still don't have a spell checker, an ignore button and that some threads don't update after you add to them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hi everybody,

As you can see, we've launched new discussion forums, article comments, and personal profiles on the site. We've always relied on software from other companies to power our user tools.  But during the past few months, we've built our own – we think this will give us more flexibility and control over these features.

Here in the forums, we had to delay the implementation of some of the features that you like: The gold star that brings you to the first unread comment, Ignore this user, spell check, add an image, and some others. We have a working list of items to restore in the coming days and weeks.

There’s a fuller explainer here: http://www.boston.com/community/note_to_bostoncom_users/

Please leave a comment here about any features that are missing that I didn't mention in the note linked above, or if you're having any technical issues.

Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the  work on the new board that's been done.

Is  it a wrap or are more changes/modifications going to show up down the pike?

If so, I would like to see a link to go to the end of the thread.

As I recall, there was one on the old board.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Never have I seen a BB get as primitive and unfriendly as this one has.  Why can't it be fixed?  What is the point of not letting us use the far superior format before?  This is awful, worse than awful.  This format take most of the enjoyment out of the interaction we have.  Fix it please.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Any chance of getting a reply to my post asking WHY trolls are allowed on this board?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I know the title  of  this thread is  "Re: Changes to forums and comments", but I  believe  "and comments" means commenting about the changes to the forums, not commenting about how certain posters don't know squat or don't belong here. For every comment about the new look and  features of this  board, there's probably 10 back and  forth attacks between posters.

Might make it easier  for the Mods to priortize any pipeline changes if we stuck to topic

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know the title  of  this thread is  "Re: Changes to forums and comments", but I  believe  "and comments" means commenting about the changes to the forums, not commenting about how certain posters don't know squat or don't belong here. For every comment about the new look and  features of this  board, there's probably 10 back and  forth attacks between posters.

Might make it easier  for the Mods to priortize any pipeline changes if we stuck to topic

[/QUOTE]

There are ENDLESS comments here askign where the ignore button is and why the moderators refuse to take action against trolls like other newspaper forum's routinely do

Whats has BDC given us? Crickets... WAKE UP BDC, DO YOUR JOBS, FIX THINGS, RESPOND TO YOUR LONG-TIME POSTERS WHO ARE OBVIOUSLY FANS OF CELTIC/BOSTON TEAMS... THEY HAVE LEGIT CONCERNS

There will be silence again on the real issues, the Globe is a joke, they don't support the fans of their regions sports team b/c the product they provide us with is inadequate and amatuerish and they let their forums dissolve into childish fighting among posters b/c they refuse to banish the scum that infest it.