Changing of the guard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Changing of the guard

It's time Doc make the change. It's time PP comes off the bench...and start Green.

He's averaged 28 points in his 3 starts. Obviously this cannot be ignored....he's a starter and he thrives with starter minutes. Do it now, do it tonight!

PP got his wish and wasn't traded but now it's time that he sacrifice a bit for the team. He will be playing against 2nd team players and can be the leader and scorer of the 2nd unit.

Doc, don't ruin the growth of Green for your loyalty to a veteran because next year or the following year you will regret n'ot giving Green the starting role. PP and Green can still finish games but 43 points against a good defensive team is proof enough. Miami never even attempted to put LeBron on Green...why? Well Green has the same type of quickness and size that LeBron has and may have put him in foul trouble.

Everyone else sees it Doc, I hope you do too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Changing of the guard

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

It's time Doc make the change. It's time PP comes off the bench...and start Green.

He's averaged 28 points in his 3 starts. Obviously this cannot be ignored....he's a starter and he thrives with starter minutes. Do it now, do it tonight!

PP got his wish and wasn't traded but now it's time that he sacrifice a bit for the team. He will be playing against 2nd team players and can be the leader and scorer of the 2nd unit.

Doc, don't ruin the growth of Green for your loyalty to a veteran because next year or the following year you will regret n'ot giving Green the starting role. PP and Green can still finish games but 43 points against a good defensive team is proof enough. Miami never even attempted to put LeBron on Green...why? Well Green has the same type of quickness and size that LeBron has and may have put him in foul trouble.

You're kidding, right?

ps/ Lebron would never be in foul trouble guarding JG and you know why.... Lebron could play defense with a 2x4 held in his hands like a bat and still not get whistled

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Lebron would never be in foul trouble guarding JG

+2 -                 also Green is fast but he lacks in defensive department

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

You're kidding, right?

ps/ Lebron would never be in foul trouble guarding JG and you know why.... Lebron could play defense with a 2x4 held in his hands like a bat and still not get whistled

LOL! Well yes you do have a point. Fouls just aren't called on the guy but the problem I have with NBA teams is they don't make him work on the defensive end. They tend to go away from him instead of going at him. Then he's playing help defense, getting steals, etc. Make him play great defense or make the refs make a call...one or the other will happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Green should start instead of Bass.

It isn't that hard to figure out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

It just that anti Pierce syndrome coming out again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

yeah, Green plays pf and Sf.

Pierce is good Bass is bad.

Lets sit Pierce and start Green with Bass because paying Pierce and Green and sitting Bass makes no sense.

Brilliant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I guess the question is will PP and Green rebound with KG if you take out Bass? Oops, Bass doesn't rebound anyway.

I would really like to see Wilcox and KG play together because Wilcox is lost most of the time and KG would at least be there communicating.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I guess the question is will PP and Green rebound with KG if you take out Bass? Oops, Bass doesn't rebound anyway.

I would really like to see Wilcox and KG play together because Wilcox is lost most of the time and KG would at least be there communicating.

Thats the point. Bass doesnt rebound. So JG and Pierce > than JG Bass.  By a lot. I am fine with giving him more minutes but KG, Bradly, Pierce and Green are the best players on the team.  They all need as much minutes as they can get.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

bradley, lee, PP, green and KG should probably be our starters now. with our injury situation and all. but i think that changes next year, assuming sully and rondo come back healthy. assuming we still have rondo, then we're looking at rondo, bradley, green, sully and KG perhaps. unless we flip rondo for a 5. then PP and KG may both be coming off the bench. or you start KG at the 4 and give sully considerable minutes off the bench.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Exactly. Bench Pierce, or best offensive player? Talk about complete insanity.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

doc and ainge should have a long talk with the big 2 about coming off the bench next year. it's probably going to be the best option for us, depending on whether we can flip rondo before the trade deadline.