Chauncey Billups Amnesty Victim - perfect one year fit with C's before final year with Denver...KARMA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Chauncey Billups Amnesty Victim - perfect one year fit with C's before final year with Denver...KARMA

Chauncey Billups on a one yr deal along with Martin Gortat are the final 2 pieces to the Celtics championship puzzle....
    THE BIG FOUR HAVE NOW HAVE THE HELP TO GO FOR CHAMPIONSHIP #18 !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Re: Chauncey Billups Amnesty Victim - perfect one year fit with C's before final year with Denver...KARMA

I know Chauncey & KG are good buds but I have a feeling he would get more PT in Miami.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Re: Chauncey Billups Amnesty Victim - perfect one year fit with C's before final year with Denver...KARMA

Chauncey Billups was a great draft choice by Rick Pitino, the last good thing Rick did for the Celtics until Rick resigned early under his Contract.  Chauncey is too far past his good days in the NBA and is only has a value as a shooting guard.  If we did not have Ray Allen, Danny Ainge might bring in Chauncey for a season, but otherwise not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Chauncey would be perfect! He loves playing with Rondo back in team usa

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

So far we are not any better with our pickups than we were last year.  Someone like Billups or even a healthy David West could make our bench better than last year.  When West was on the court last year we had a very good bunch, I am not sure Doc coached the second unit nearly as good as he did the first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Chauncey is a good shooting point guard who can play D and is not selfish with the ball.  He's be perfect for the C's.  Unfortunately, he will believe (as everyone else does) that he has a better chance at a championship with Miami and knows that Miami is weak at the point guard position.   He's Gary Payton for them all over again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

If David West is acquired, he'll likely start be a real contributor both offensively, defensively and as a rebounder.  Not really sure if there is much chance of Delonte still being picked up by the Celtics.  It is a bit confusing, the post referring to West coming off the bench last season.  Delonte when healthy made a consistent contribution coming off the bench last season, but Delonte went on the DL twice if I am not mistaken.  On the other hand, if forward David West comes to the Celtics from the Hornets and is fully recovered from his knee injury, I see a big part of the Celtics' offense revolving around David West, Rajon Rondo will get the ball to David West often just the way Chris Paul has done.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

When Antoine first played in the NBA, Walker was a pretty good rebounder, as matter of fact played very well on the box.  It was only after Antoine decided he loved 3 pointers, and when he made one, doing his wiggle, that Antoine lost his effectiveness with the Celtics.  David West is a good all round forward who can play SF and some at the PF. The readiness of David West's knee is more of a question?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Chauncey Billups could get 10-15 minutes in behind both Rondo and Ray as the third guard , 25-30 minutes a night is perfect for Chauncy at this point. He's perfect insurance for when Rondo goes into one of his funks where he won't shoot open shots and misses open layups - I see Doc putting Chauncy in there to stop there long droughts in the offense , and I predict Rondo's little funky streaks will get shorter and he'll start to hit his free throws too if he starts riding the pine late in 4th quarters....one year at the minumum and Billups gets to stay in THE BIG SHOW with the Celitcs , playing in BIG GAMES ON TV at Madison Square Garden and Miami - the perfect cap to a great career , a ring with the Celtics.....full circle....KARMA ! BILLUPS TO BOSTON SHOULD BE THE #1 PRIORITY THIS WEEKEND , GET HIM BEFORE THE BULLS , LAKERS, or THE HEAT TAKE HIM !

DOC RIVERS IS RIGHT IN HIS INSTRUCTIONS TO DANNY : "Just get talant, don't worry if it fits" , the great thing is, Billups is the perfect fit, A WAY BETTER FIT THAN ALLEN IVERSON ! CHAUNCEY DOESNT GET HURT LAST PLAYOFF AND THE KNICKS BEAT THE CELTICS AND POSSIBLY MIAMI ! GET HIM IN GREEN !!!!!! KEYON DOOLING IS NICE, BUT BILLUPS IS THE PERFECT OPTION !~

DANNY AINGE IS DRINKING EVERYONE'S MILKSHAKE !!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In Response to Re: Chauncey Billups Amnesty Victim - perfect one year fit with C's before final year with Denver...KARMA:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chauncey Billups Amnesty Victim - perfect one year fit with C's before final year with Denver...KARMA : His knee is fine. I'm more concerned about the Celts rebounding because the last 2 years the Celts only managed to average a little more than 38 rebounds per game. The last 2 years the Celts were 2nd to the last in the league in rebounding. No team in the history of the NBA won a championship averaging less than 40 rebounds per game.    Green, West, and Bass should help here, even a healthy Quince.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

can anyone tell me whats gonna happen to dolente west!?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If Chauncey gets through waivers, I think he'd look good in Green. :) No idea what his options are, suspect Miami would appeal to him more

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

In Response to Re: Chauncey Billups Amnesty Victim - perfect one year fit with C's before final year with Denver...KARMA:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chauncey Billups Amnesty Victim - perfect one year fit with C's before final year with Denver...KARMA : He's going somewhere where he can get more money.
    oh damn,.i really like him,I think dolente west is way better than dooling. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

I too thought bringing back delonte west would have been a good move - simply beacuse he's versatile enough to play both guard positions well. personally, would take him over dooling, but when delonte didn't jump at thier intial offer it was on to someone else, and who knows if his personal issues played a role in this decision... regardless, have to give ainge lots of credit so far for creativity and quick work. it was clear there was a plan (or a series of contigency plans anyway) in place beforehand and he's gone out and excecuted. regardless of how it all turns out you have to give him a nod for working within the confines of the team's salary situation and attempting to make the best of it. after what some would term a bad move in jettisoning Perkins when he did, it seems obvious ainge gets it (now if he didn't before anyway) that this really is it. and that means ownership does too... obviously there is a log jam at the pf/4, though one good thing is with the addtions of bass, wilcox, dooling, and west the team has gotten longer, somehwat younger, and more athletic... still seems like they are missing a center (Pryzbilla? Aaron Gray? Kwame Brown?) and perhaps another 2/true wing player with the ability to hit the three (Redd? Crawford?). Maybe both those guys (especially crawford) would want too much (do the celts still have their mle - gets a little confusing without knowing all the details of all the deals), but perhaps the perception that this team is building for a legit run, and the presence of the big three and rondo and west and doc, might be enough to help snare a quality veteran backup at either position. With the way the system is set up and with the money the Celts have to spend, players like Billups and Dalembert, for instance, will seemingly be out of their wheelhouse. As stated here, Billups is an amnesty player, and will thus be available to under the cap teams first, making it even more difficult to obtain him and dalembert will likely want much more than the celts can pay him. don't get me wrong, add billups and another big guy and we just might be right there in the end.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Billups has told teams that he isn't going to sign w/ just any team. He is going to pick and choose who he plays for. Miami more than likely, considering Bibby is gone, he will get minutes, and it will be his best chance at a championship. 
    And Dallas is making a big push for Dalembert, but they are looking to give him 1 year deal.  So he will either go for the most lucrative offer (which like bt33 mentioned the celt's wont be able to match) or he'll go to the best team. Unfortunately the defending champs fall into the catagory of being better than the Celtics.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Chauncey wants a shot at Knicks to show them what they gave up. Well C's- knicks could be easily a first round matchup again this year so chauncey come here dude!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics, Heat, Lakers, and all teams over the cap have very little chance of getting Billups. Once a player is waived via amnesty teams below the cap have priority.  http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/11/28/revised-amnesty-clause-raises-questions/

I am sure that you are right.  The Celtics won't be able to sign Billups. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

West is an EXPLOSIVE low post scorer with a silky smooth jump shot! This move can only help the C's! I do not even really see how Danny can pull this off. J.ONeal for West is a joke. I would do Green and O Neal in a heartbeat.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Chauncey Billups was a great draft choice by Rick Pitino, the last good thing Rick did for the Celtics until Rick resigned early under his Contract.  Chauncey is too far past his good days in the NBA and is only has a value as a shooting guard.  If we did not have Ray Allen, Danny Ainge might bring in Chauncey for a season, but otherwise not.
    Posted by rgmfick[/QUOTE]

The last good thing Rick did was to draft Billups in '97?

Or was it drafting Pierce in '98?

Sections
Shortcuts