Chill. It is about to get good.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Chill. It is about to get good.

Rondo is going to kill himself to get this team back on track once the playoffs start. This team will be fine. They will be dominant.
     If you want to look at a team and figure out how good they might be, particularly in the NBA it is important to look at how they start a season. There are two moments in every season where a team plays with passion, the beginning and the end. The Celtics were dominant. They will be again. It is a matter of will.
    It is clear that the Celtics just dont have it at this point and they know that they couldn't sustain a push for a better record and get their bodies right for the playoff push. Ok, maybe it isn't that clear. It will be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Chill. It is about to get good.

That's a good point.  I too know what the Celtics are capable of.  This team was made for the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

I hope so. It better be.

But we need a big man. We need a healthy big man center in the middle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Whew, what a relief... and to think I was worried the Celtics were falling apart.

Everything is good again

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Chill. It is about to get good.:
    [QUOTE]Rondo is going to kill himself to get this team back on track once the playoffs start. This team will be fine. They will be dominant.  If you want to look at a team and figure out how good they might be, particularly in the NBA it is important to look at how they start a season. There are two moments in every season where a team plays with passion, the beginning and the end. The Celtics were dominant. They will be again. It is a matter of will. It is clear that the Celtics just dont have it at this point and they know that they couldn't sustain a push for a better record and get their bodies right for the playoff push. Ok, maybe it isn't that clear. It will be.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

Suicide seems WAY drastic.

Why not just pull another Team USA exit and go home to be with family?

Worked then... could work now.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

The Celtics will find themselves round one it might take a game but they will.

This exact crap happened last year at times and it was worrisome but we should be fine. This team wants to win but they are playing with a really lazy type of demeanor at times.

Let people forget about us and the Celtics defense. It's fine we will just warm up on the Knicks I suppose. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueprint555. Show blueprint555's posts

This team was made for the play offs but again Shaq needs to get his selfish butt back to the court we need size

And I think we the C's will end up with second seed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

I agree.  It's fun watch all the "doom and gloom" predicitons going on.  I'm a believer that they are playing possum.  When the playoffs roll around, we'll be ok.  'Sgo C's!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i also think it's about to get good. as such, i want a better reg season record than the lakers, who i assume will also wake up. go Cs tonight!! go spurs tomorrow night!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Chill. It is about to get good.:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics will find themselves round one it might take a game but they will. This exact crap happened last year at times and it was worrisome but we should be fine. This team wants to win but they are playing with a really lazy type of demeanor at times. Let people forget about us and the Celtics defense. It's fine we will just warm up on the Knicks I suppose. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

I am trying to remain optimistic, but the Celtics have lost by a considerable margin to Chicago and Miami.  This is not a good way to end the season.   You really can't compare this team to last year, since they are a completely different team.  Without Shaq, I don't think they will succeed in the playoffs this year.  Danny traded Perk with the intention that Shaq would be playing.  Since Shaq hasn't returned yet, you have to be concerned. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Agree with Susan.  This team did nothing against Chicago or Miami.  The one time we saw Shaq in the past two months was short-lived, and until we hear otherwise, we need to prepare for the worst...he might not be back.   

This iteration isn't good enough to play possum, and Rondo isn't going to magically pull it together.  Every bad decision that can be made as a PG was made by him over the past few games.  It's as though he's sabotaging this team right now; he's a much better player than he's been showing since Perk left.

On a positive, I was way wrong about Jermaine.  He's actually looked decent lately.  Here's hoping I and others are wrong about the rest of this team.  They just don't look like they even want to compete right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Why cant we score? Effort and intensity effects you on the defensive end not on offense. Their offense has been dismal. They are not pushing the ball, the celtics are getting no easy baskets, everything is a jumper in the half court set. Rondo in the half court is a big problem, its like every quarter is now the 4th quarter. The game is slower and the other teams defense is setting up everytime and we cant score. I cant count how many late shot clock jumpers weve been forced into lately. Im concerned. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

When the Celtics went up by 9 it looked effort less. The starting unit looked vastly superior to Miami. I told my friend that when the bench came in the whole thing would fall apart, and it did. When Baby and Green come in both the defense and the rebounding disappear. The interior defense in particluar is gone. Green is confusing ,as even much slower players drive around him like he is in mud. Taller players effortlessly reach over both Green and Baby's back. In reality Paul Pierce rebounds much better than both of them. 

In the playoffs the rotations will shorten. And the minutes will go up. I was confused yesterday on why Doc did not just let the bench play the last 5 minutes, but I still will remain optimistic. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this elsewhere but an appropriate copy & paste here. I agree with many posts above that we need SHAQ. When you win the rebounding battle & dominate the paint, you can compensate for off shooting nights and let's face it, we have depended upon our jump shooting team, laziness, age etc., but when we are off, say goodnight !!!

In addition to  Sox beating Yankees yesterday, I immensely enjoyed the Thunder beating the Lakers.  Don't know which team I hate more, probably Lakers as I live in SF & have to watch them beat our Golden State Warriors & other west coast teams regularly.

With the thrashing by both the Bulls & Heat, I'm now, alas, believing that the losses to average teams too was no fluke. We have become just an average 500 team.  I do not wish as I've been an avid Celtic fan since Cousy/Sharman days to be the Prophet of Doom and a  Monday morning quarterback but I think we should have kept Perkins & gone after # 18 this year. I thought maybe we could do it just with JON but he ain't going to be our savior and the fairy ain't gonna wave her magic wand & turn us into a legitimate contender.  As we were floundering a few months ago, it was said we needed offense.   Barkley said awhile back, given the choice of having domination from a team in its backcourt or under the paint,  he would choose the key/hoop area. In the NCAA final, Butler made 9 threes and the UConns only one for 27-3 or +24 but Connecticut outscored Butler by an unthinkable 26-2 in the paint, + 24. I'm not professing to be Sherlock Holmes here but the difference  for the victory was in rebounds which was 53 UConn to 41. 

Mea Culpa opening old wounds but despite the Lakers' poor offense in Game #7, they won and it was their Offensive rebounds, 23 vs our 8 and Defensive 30 vs our 32 so they totaled 53 to our 40 or 13 more which did us in. Do you not think if we had Perkins for Game 7 we would have had more rebounds ? Their 23-8 or +15 offensive rebounds despite their poor shooting allowed 1-2 extra shots. Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Bynum, Artest, Fisher are not going to miss 2-3 in a row. Wouldn't we like Allen, Pierce & Garnett extra shots ? So, we lost Game #7 last year not only because of disparity in fouls but we were out rebounded and without Perk and only lost by 4 points. If a team can hit 50% outside the paint, there are only 1/2 as many rebounds to worry about. And we shot well in other games in the Laker series. I mean Allen broke the record for 3s in game 2 but in game 7 I think he only shot 3 for 14 or 21%. I mean just 1-2 more baskets & we'd have probably won & with extra rebounds, he'd have had the chance.

One of the reasons given for so many fouls was that we were tired and grabbing. The big 3 won 2 years before but in 2010 they were 2 years older. I'm hoping that 2010 was not their last hurrah. But now they are even one more year older so I would not have traded Perkins. Keep in mind we did not trade him because we acquired JON first & then Shaq. We got them because Perk was injured and recovering.  So, we could have kept ALL THREE !!! Jeff Green fine for the future but with big 3 now 3 years older than when we won, this was the year to go after # 18 with Perkins and we wouldn't have been so desperate worrying about the health of Shaq. Deal with Perk's contract after the title & if he left or we wished him to leave, start our rebuilding program & maybe go after Jeff Green for 2012.  How many more productive years do you think we have from the Big 3 ???

In yesterday's game it was deja vu again, the Heat , a team that was so poor in the paint earlier this season dominated us out-rebounding  the Celtics 42-26. The Celtics' 10 first-half rebounds were a season low for any Miami opponent this season. The Heat had 15 offensive rebounds. Boston had three. The Heat scored 44 points in the paint. Boston scored 26. To me the 6 week old question about how awful or awesome was the trade for Jeff Green that sent Perkins to the Thunder has been answered, having seen it play out since the trade as we are 9 and 11 and they are 12-3.

Read link which substantiated my opinion that we should have kept Perkins. 

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/kendrick-perkins-oklahoma-city-thunder-changing-balance-of-power-in-nba-041011

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I totally agree with the OP but for different reasons...

We are about to assert ourselves and believe that we will dominate throught the playoffs.  Rondo will be more effective because Shaq will be back. No Shaq and all bets are off, because, Shaq makes or breaks this team and enables Rondo style of play - not his shot or inate weaknesses, just his effectiveness.  That is why Perk was traded, although we didn't expect Shaq's injury to be so prolonged. 

Chicago and Miami games don't mean squat.  Doesn't matter who we get in the first round, NY or Phil, we sweep or maybe lose 1 game.  Perk's trade to Thunder increases the chance that LA doesn't even make it out of the West and we destroy any other team including the Thunder and SA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

I think you have hit the nail on the head -- if we have Shaq then this enables Rondo to play his (somewhat strange) style. Rondo likes to gamble on defense and having Perk/Shaq behind him allows him to do this. Without Perk/Shaq, Rondo is having trouble coming up with a new style. We need Shaq for about 20 minutes per game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

rondo still has his plantar fasciitis. dont know how well he is going to do. he should probably sit last 2 games if its hurting him.

Sections
Shortcuts