Chip on his shoulder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Chip on his shoulder

is there one player in the league that has a worse misinterpretation of his game than Perk?

so perk is your go to celtic whipping boy this season, dudder? i thought that was rondo's job. be sure your boy puddin gets the memo.

and while it is true that most of us here are morons and that perkins is frustrating, what's wrong w/ rooting for and supporting celtic players here on a celtics board?

speaking of which, i'm guessing the Cs'll be right in the thick of things come springtime. can you say that about your favorite team? btw, who is your favorite team? i'll bet most here could cherry pick some antagonistic criticism right back at you. if they wanted to. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Chip on his shoulder:
    I think I just read that Perk has a chip on his shoulder, is that like Scott Wedman having a chip on his shoulder or is that like Rich Gedman having a chip on his shoulder..... I guess the press and the morons that post here would have one believe it was like Magic, Michael, Kobe, and LeBron having a chip on their shoulder...... a journeyman center has a chip on his shoulder - a player whose shoulder measurement is higher than his IQ......  wow, the league has something to fear when he comes back......  is there one player in the league that has a worse misinterpretation of his game than Perk?  Is there one player with fewer skills and more ego in the whole league than Perk?  They are so going to miss his 4 fouls, 8 points, 7 boards, 55% from the floor and line, and continuous scowl as if the stripes don't know who they are dealing with....  Shaq will put up 13 and 8 and J O will put up 8 and 5 and be injured most of the time and will both supersede Perk as the best center since Parish while having almost nothing left in the tank........
    Posted by TheDUDDER

No man I think you are the only one comparing Perk to Magic, Michael, Kobe and Lebron.

As usual any good points you make are tainted by your ridiculous hyperbole.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

YES DUDDER IS A DUD. But I also agree that Perkins is a Dud. So that would make Dudder and Dud equals? Both udder dudder duds. Dudder and Dud must then also both have an IQ total of under 100. It's getting confusing at this point, so I guess I will have to stop responding to his posts. Otherwise I would be seen as an udder dudder dud.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Chip on his shoulder:
    YES DUDDER IS A DUD. But I also agree that Perkins is a Dud. So that would make Dudder and Dud equals? Both udder dudder duds. Dudder and Dud must then also both have an IQ total of under 100. It's getting confusing at this point, so I guess I will have to stop responding to his posts. Otherwise I would be seen as an udder dudder dud.
    Posted by celticsince1958

Just like a woodchuck would chuck wood.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

To  be a journeyman, one has to journey. Meaning be on several teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Perk has much to work on this off season-aside from the knee rehab.  The technicals in the playoffs were unnecessary and affected his game as the playoffs wore on until finally his next T would result in a suspension.  That hung over him (and the rest of us) and he wasn't the same player.  I am surprised the Lakers coudn't bait him into that final one early in the finals.  With that said-you gotta love his intensity but I hate to say he is what he is.  His lack of a go to post move (or any offensive moves except traveling EVERY time he gets the ball down low) combined with poor hands and FT shooting don't make him an option on offense.  He is a great piece to have and the C's have more than enough offense to make up for what he and Rondo can't give you.  But they both give you 100% effort-which says alot considering the drive of NBA players nowadays.  I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them moved after 2 years when the rebuilding starts as they will both be severely exposed on offense when the Big 3 move on and have value. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

journeyman

a journeyman is a professional between apprentice and master and has nothing to do with travelling

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Chip on his shoulder : No man I think you are the only one comparing Perk to Magic, Michael, Kobe and Lebron. As usual any good points you make are tainted by your ridiculous hyperbole.
    Posted by Icon11

Ah yes I am not comparing Perk to those players, it is none other than Perk who seems to think he belongs to breathing that rarified air.....  as was voted by the players, no other player in the league believes that he is as much better than he is than does Perk......   Kobe and LeBron may think they are better than most players however, only Perk (according to other NBA players) believes he is better than his actual rank....

for those that are trying to save Perk from being something other than a journeyman by saying that in order to be a journeyman he would need to take a journey.... please look up the definition of journeyman.... Perk by definition is a journeyman, compound that fact with the idea that both of the back ups that they signed to take his place this fall are better than him..... he is the epitome of a journeyman...... the guys that would like to debate the notion of Perk being a journeyman by definition are the same ones that would like to debate the idea of a pentultimate player thinking the the pentultimate player is the 2nd best as opposed to the second worst.... it reminds me of a boss I used to have that loved to mix her metaphors by saying keep your petal to the grindstone and your nose to the metal... when she called a long book a tomb as opposed to a tome I shook my head.... Perk is a journeyman.... an average at his position... who not so coincidentally benefits from the players around him.... very similar to the guy that "excused himself" from the fiba team..........   there are those that thought Rondo was only tradeable for CP3 and maybe have realized by now that he really is probably on only the top third of 1s in the league as I have said over and over again.......   Rondo has had the whole offseason to work for about $10 million per year working on his jumper and freebies and I think Coach K has shown us that Rondo did not think it was all that important............

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

blah blah blah

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

As far as Perk performance when he comes back, guarantee he is in major decline.
    Even he fix his shoulder or whatever aching, his mano de pierda will not
    improve, his walking and travelling will get more acute, he can't dribble the
    ball, he can't dunk, he can't shoot nor shoot free throw. He was always angry for nothing. The only black guy I saw who can't jump.
    As I said a year ago, Celtics made a mistake not trading Perk. He has no value now. Nada!

Don't argue, Dudder is right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

I think I just read that Perk has a chip on his shoulder, is that like Scott Wedman having a chip on his shoulder or is that like Rich Gedman having a chip on his shoulder..... I guess the press and the morons that post here would have one believe it was like Magic, Michael, Kobe, and LeBron having a chip on their shoulder...... a journeyman center has a chip on his shoulder - a player whose shoulder measurement is higher than his IQ......  wow, the league has something to fear when he comes back......  is there one player in the league that has a worse misinterpretation of his game than Perk?  Is there one player with fewer skills and more ego in the whole league than Perk?  They are so going to miss his 4 fouls, 8 points, 7 boards, 55% from the floor and line, and continuous scowl as if the stripes don't know who they are dealing with....  Shaq will put up 13 and 8 and J O will put up 8 and 5 and be injured most of the time and will both supersede Perk as the best center since Parish while having almost nothing left in the tank........
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Is there one other poster with a worse interpretation of his analysis abilities than the Dudder. You have to separate your emotional response from logic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Posted by TheDUDDER

"Numbers" by themselves don't mean a heck of alot. Shaq may "put up" 13 and 8 but how many will he give up? Will his +/- be better than Perk's? I think if anything has become clear through the years in sports it is that numbers taken simply as "numbers" are useless. If you play for the Golden State Warriors and you put up such and such "numbers" what does that really mean? If your team is scoring 120 pts per game and your opponents are scoring 128 pts per game and your team is 17-36 then the "numbers" unto themselves are utterly useless..............I watch guys like Williams {Utah} and Paul {NO} and some of the other point guards and they put up great numbers at times but quite often they don't play much defense. I'm not saying they aren't great players but alot of times Williams {for instance} will have 23 pts and 14 assts but the other point guard will have 21 pts and 12 assts so I just think numbers always have to be taken in context.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Perk peaked when it was said he was the reason the Celtics lost due to his absence.  I believe this to be true.  I also believe he is a player who unless  injuries decimate the Celtics will be an unhappy glowering presence on the bench.  Is he tradable?  He is a really odd kind of role playing player that someone might need.  His upside unless surrounded by superstars however is very limited.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Perk peaked when it was said he was the reason the Celtics lost due to his absence.  I believe this to be true. 
    Posted by concord27

Perhaps it is symantics, but Perkins peaked during games 1-39 last year and then decisively slid down hill.  Through game 39, he was an unprecedented 12.4 pts, 8.3 rebs, 2.1 blocks- the best he would ever be.  And from there on out to the end of the regular season, Perkins declined to 7.7 pts, 6.9 rebs, 1.3 blocks and a great deal of increased ball bobbling, general bumbling and stumbling around setting horrible jurassic style moving picks.

Then you take it into the playoffs and Perkins was a putrid 5.7 ppg and 6.2 rebs/game while swatting a miserable 1.4 shots a game.  He stunk.  And that was before the injury.  And he neutered himself with the idiotic technical foul obsession- he felt he couldn't "be himself" or he'd get whistled.  This dumb "himself" should never have been allowed to be by the C's in the first place- it's not like this guy is Sheed in his prime or any sort of key producer who it's worth tolerating the ref baggage with.

Perkins is finished.  If he comes back with flying colors from this serious injury, the most he might ever be is 5 and 5 with dramatically diminished mobility- in other words, he could get steady mins on the wolves or some other non playoff team, otherwise he would be too much of a liability ot have on the floor. 

I say we should trade him or drop him.  We owe him nothing.  He owed the team more basic intelligence than to create as much possible ill will with the refs as he did.  Instead he went right ahead and did that and then used it as an excuse to be less aggressive.

Remembah vitaly potato?  this injury did him in.  and a load of other big guys with marginal mobility pre-injury.  Watch for things to be no different with Perkins.

Sections
Shortcuts