Choker Ray; Superstar Lebron Saves Ray

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Choker Ray; Superstar Lebron Saves Ray

Agreed. But: Ray's performance in 2010 was worse as he couldn't buy a bucket. Anyone can miss a clutch free throw, Lebron would have missed also. :) 

Heat also owes a big thank you to Indiana coach Frank Nutjob for pulling his big body out of the game (Hibbert) so Lebron could run a layup line. 

Indiana has potential if George continues to emerge but as long as Wade is pretty effective it's hard to imagine the Heat losing...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Ray is still playing...Celts aren't.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Playing, yes. But when you're just a role player riding the coattails of the NBA's best player, it's not as gratifying compared to being the best player or the 2nd best player on your team.

Maybe and maybe not......but he's going to get another ring and the accolades that come with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Comment by sports writer was that Hibbert was out because he couldn't defend a jump shot by Bosh. The Heat with 2.2 secs were going to have a shot except if ball deflected, anyway, & it would have been a clear one as with only a one(1) point lead, the Pacers couldn't foul. So, statistically the game had to be decided on a hit or miss of the pressured jump shot---50% maybe ?  But what are the statistics of LeBron driving to the basket, making it or getting fouled...90% ??? Monday morning quarterback I know but Hibbert should have been in there and glued to LeBron.

What a shame...they hit a 3 to tie and then go ahead with 3 pressure foul shots in OT. Key was earlier with a 3 point lead, Heat missed 2-3 shots & the Bosh put in a reb and got fouled for a 3pt play that tied it. If Indy got the reb & went down & scored, they'd had a 5 pt lead with about 1 min to go.

If worse come to worse, we'll need hope the old guys from San Antonio, like our Celtics, beat the Heat because I believe they have a better chance than Memphis

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Playing, yes. But when you're just a role player riding the coattails of the NBA's best player, it's not as gratifying compared to being the best player or the 2nd best player on your team.

Agreed.

That is mostly why I HATE everyone on that team. They have such an annoying level of confidence, but they forget that if they didn't have Lebron, they'd be nothing. Ray was probably chocking on that realization, or Lebobo's man-juice

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I think, however, we need admit that Birdman was instrumental in the victory and eccentric as he is with his hairdo & all his tattooes he'd maybe been an eyesore in our hallowed Green but we might have bitten our tongues when he would have helped us where we were lacking with KG out in the paint.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I think, however, we need admit that Birdman was instrumental in the victory and eccentric as he is with his hairdo & all his tattoes he'd maybe been an eyesore in our hallowed Green but we might have bitten our tongues when he would have helped us where we were lacking with KG out in the paint.

But, but, but we destroyed him... When our hobbled team can go out and completely expose birdman as a liability on both ends of the court, that just makes me have zero confidence in him. He works in Miami because they have so many other weapons, that teams overlook him. Doc played it right (and probably because he KNOWS all their other weapons). You take your smarter and more talented players and you ATTACK the bird. He can't defend. All he can do is hide and pop out for a blocked shot here or there. If Jeff can get by him, so can Paul.

On the defensive end, you take away his cut, you take away his offensive rebounds. You stay in his way and take charges because he is as agile as a bull. Ya gotta expose the weaknesses!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Agreed.

That is mostly why I HATE everyone on that team. They have such an annoying level of confidence, but they forget that if they didn't have Lebron, they'd be nothing. Ray was probably chocking on that realization, or Lebobo's man-juice

Agree with you.  I enjoy watching the playoffs but won't watch any of the games when Miami is playing.   I have never had such dislike for an NBA team ever in my many years of watching the NBA. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I just don't understand the Ray hate.  Immature response to a player who made a personal decision to leave the Celtics based on his goals and happiness and not money.  The Celtics  drove him to the Heat (conflict w/Rondo and dim prospects of success) where he will win another title before he retires.  

Ray is a class guy in every respect.  He was an amazing player in his prime and a very capable player in his twilight years, even though his skills are inevitably deteriorating.  

Boston fans should honor his contribution to the Celtics where he was instrumental in the teams success, and chill-out on these immature jealousy motivated snips.      

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird---Mercer---Allen. Show Bird---Mercer---Allen's posts

Choker Ray? Wow.. I dont know what you were smokin dude? Ray Allen is 38 years old... Do you recall how many times he saved Lebron's behind at the last minute during the regular season?? he is a 90% free throw shooter. And yes he missed the first, you know why? because he was just having an average shooting night, with only a few touches to the ball in the game With no flow..

Ray Allen led the Miami heat in scoring at least twice in these playoffs while coming off the bench! and his intangible contributions are massive, Lebron is playing like the way he does, because  Ray spaces the floor by keeping glue/defender on him at all times... So Lebron is not doubled as much.. By the way, Ray was exceptional defending yesterday, I don't think anyone scored on him all night, maybe once or twice... At 38, he can buckle up on D, if he focuses . I would bet he will have an impact game in the Indiana series ... Considering the fact that Wade is a constant brick-machine..(he is lucky he can still get up for layups... He can't shoot for S...)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rays missed important FTs for us in the past as well.. but a choker? No way..

How many times has Ray come through for the C's big time in the clutch? Hes hit quite a few big 3s and I dont know how anyone can call him a choker.. Everyone will miss crucial FTs and shots in the clutch but how many shy away from ever taking them>>?? and how many have delivered like Ray throughout his career and esp with the C's//

If anything, Ray has been one of the clutch shooters around imo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Wonder why Ray's man didn't leave him to help out on LeBron on the last play of the game?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Wonder why Ray's man didn't leave him to help out on LeBron on the last play of the game?

I wonder why none of the pacers left their man to help out?   Lebron certainly doesn't need Ray but it does make it somewhat easier.

This choking part if hillarious.  Just because a guys misses a free throw,  it falls under $hite happens.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

LOL!!!  Fierce, your Ray Allen hate fetish has no bounds.  No one should take anything you say about Ray seriously; you are a known Ray Allen hater from day 1. 

Not only that, but I find it amusing how your hate intensifies whenever Ray is doing better than, your boy, Pierce.  You must be fuming over the fact that Ray Ray is chasing another ring while Pierce is at home on his couch eating out of a box of Fruit Loops wishing he was doing the same, and wondering whether the Celts are gonna amnesty him.  Haha

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

This thread gets a big, so what? The Heat won. That is all that matters

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Jimmy42Jack0's comment:

We know they won - you're HERE aren't you?

We'd know if they lost, as well..................you wouldn't be here!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

I'm a serial lurker. Get over it. You will live longer

Go Pacers!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

I'm a serial lurker. Get over it. You will live longer

Go Pacers!

Hope it helps you sleep at night

Sections
Shortcuts