Chris Johnson is a D League All Star

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Chris Johnson is a D League All Star

I just turned on my TV to NBA TV channel and started watching the replay game of the D League Allstar game from last week.  A  minute later into the game into the first quarter Chris Johnson checked in and scored 4 quick points and also the announcers said that he was second on the D league dunking contest.  Also, Deshwan Simms from the Maine Red Claws ( Celtics affiliate team )is the leading scorer with 8 points so far and looking good in the first quarter.  Gotta get back to the game

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Chris Johnson is a D League All Star

Good post. I liked Sims during the summer league and I've checked his stats with the D. League. He's a real possibility for the C's roster next season.
       Chris Johnson was impressive in his NBA debut. He's strictly a power forward because of his very thin body.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Johnson is a D League All Star:
    [QUOTE]Good post. I liked Sims during the summer league and I've checked his stats with the D. League. He's a real possibility for the C's roster next season.    Chris Johnson was impressive in his NBA debut. He's strictly a power forward because of his very thin body.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

CJ can be a KG type player someday.  CJ has a similiar body to KG was thinner but long.  Maybe KG should take him unde his wing and build him up,  He is much better than Patrick Obryant so far

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Johnson is a D League All Star : CJ can be a KG type player someday.  CJ has a similiar body to KG was thinner but long.  Maybe KG should take him unde his wing and build him up,  He is much better than Patrick Obryant so far
    Posted by RickFox17[/QUOTE]

If all these BUYOUTS that we are anticipating don't happen, Johnson may very well stay on the team.  If would be nice to have some young hops on the team. Maybe if we kept him long enough he could grow into a useful player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I tell you for a guy who came in the other night against the Nuggets he played pretty decent for not knowing the offense or defense.

I say give CJ a few more games to see if he can adapt. A 7'0 shot blocker is nice. He's light in the tail but I want to see more of him for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ac3boogi3. Show Ac3boogi3's posts

the good thing for him is , he is the 2nd center on the team to kristic so he will get plenty of PT, lets home he does good tonite and when his 10 day contact is up they sign him for the rest of the year

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

He ran the floor well and that helped offset his lack of weight. I don't think I saw him fumble the ball once. No" hands of stone" ala Duran. The blocked shots were what impressed me the most. A quick leaper that alters shots is a good commodity. I hope he plays more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

He was very good but he cant boxout due to his weight!!!  I dont know why the 10 day contract was not given to Deshawn Sims...he is prob. the second best player on the nbdl..

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]Johnson displayed what is probably his only talant blocking shots. Go back and look at the footage he was consistantly out of position for rebounding. Most of time he actually spent was from behind the basket.  Don't loook for a 2nd 10 day contract.
    Posted by darrylfries[/QUOTE]
    First NBA game...6 pts, a board, 3 blocks plus more altered shots in 17 minutes. He deserves another look. For sure.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]Good post. I liked Sims during the summer league and I've checked his stats with the D. League. He's a real possibility for the C's roster next season.    Chris Johnson was impressive in his NBA debut. He's strictly a power forward because of his very thin body.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]The game announcers corrected the earlier impression that the Denver game was Johnson's NBA debut. He had played two games for another NBA team (Trailblazers, if I recall correctly) before he entered the D-League.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Johnson is a D League All Star : The game announcers corrected the earlier impression that the Denver game was Johnson's NBA debut. He had played two games for another NBA team (Trailblazers, if I recall correctly) before he entered the D-League.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the info. I still think he deserves another look.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hey, I only caught a little bit of the game last night but thought he stood out enough to ask about  him this morning.

Id expect him to be out of position for rebounds b/c hes prob easy to push around. But he did show alot of energy, jumping ability... took a nice pass on the break, hit the FTs I saw and blocked 3 shots?

Hes gonna get more time b/c we dont have much of a choice to begin with. Down 3 players, we need all the bigs we can get....

Whether he sticks depends upon who else DA can sign up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Of course, I would love to see him be a demon on the boards. Let's see if his raw talent warrants giving him the time in practice to work on those skills. All I kept seeing in the game against Denver was his ability to alter shots. I love that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I liked Johnson the other night. To say that he is a KG type player may be over the top. Kg started as a small forward, and guarded all five positions.

Let hope he has enough game to stay in the rotation.

There are a number of player that called KG their hero in the NBA. Both Chandler, and Noah had posters of KG on their walls as they were growing up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

CJ was not impressive tonite cause he did not have enuff playing time due to Nenah K playing time minutes but I still like the kid.  we got nutting to lose lests keep him in the maine Clawas for a while   What ya guys think.  He is better than than some of the stiffs we had lately.  He is a athletic long and needs to put on some weight muscles  and you never know

Sections
Shortcuts