Chris Kaman Being Showcased

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Re: Chris Kaman Being Showcased

In Response to Re: Chris Kaman Being Showcased:
    Fierce being showcased all over BDC .... READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! http://winnowingfork.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/strawman-motivational.jpg?w=360&h=450 Just reporting the news .... HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Mployee8

I didnt know f34 was so handsome lmao.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I think I'd consider Rondo and Oneal for Kaman and Gordon. For NO, they have Rondo locked up as the new face of the franchise, while Gordan is a RFA this year. And the C's can match anything anyone throws at Gordon. On top of that they get a legit C for this season at least. If he does well and is happy maybe he sticks around on a tam friendly contract next year. That leaves the Ray and KG contracts to keep Gordon and add another big FA

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

obviously that would depend on Gordon's knee surgury and recovery. He's going to be out about 6 weeks it looks like, and that may be too late for any of this to happen

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kaman Being Showcased : Rondo and JO for Kaman and Gordon?  DO IT DANNY!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Danny would but i don't think Stern would

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kaman Being Showcased : Ainge accepted Raef LaFrentz even when he was injured. The Celts can do the trade if they agree to bypass the physical.
    Posted by Fiercest34

There is absolutely no way in this world they will by pass the physical. I would be willing to bet that has never happened one time in a trade, unless the player was getting the ax the next day.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kaman Being Showcased : Here it is. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1113480/index.htm Last October director of basketball operations  Danny Ainge  acquired  Raef LaFrentz  from Dallas  in a five-player deal, hoping the versatile power forward would help  Boston  duplicate the Kings' fluid style. But after the  Celtics ' doctors saw an MRI that showed the tissue degeneration in  LaFrentz 's knee, the trade was held up while Ainge considered sending him back. "It was 5050," says  LaFrentz . "They knew it was a problem that would have to be taken care of."
    Posted by Fiercest34

I guess I am missing the point.  They did a physical on him did they not?  Maybe I should have worded it something like nobody makes a trade without a physical unless they give him one later and can still veto the trade.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Fierce being showcased all over BDC .... READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! http://winnowingfork.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/strawman-motivational.jpg?w=360&h=450 Just reporting the news .... HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Mployee8

May I ask what is so interesting in this post that everybody should see it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kaman Being Showcased : Rondo and JO for Kaman and Gordon?  DO IT DANNY!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Gordon is having knee surgery.  Certainly will not help this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Posted by Fiercest34

I doubt NO would let Kaman & Gordon go for Rondo & JO. Yup, I know Gordon's going to be out for knee surgery and we don't know how effective he'll be in the future but at 23 if he recovers, he can be a consistent 15-20 point scoring machine(which Rondo isn't) as well as any premier guard. I would let Rondo go for Kaman & maybe a draft pick or we keep JO. And we'd just need to live with Ray Allen, Bradly, Dooling, Moore and guard-forwards, Daniels, Pavlovic & Pietrus until we can draft a PG.  But if they toss in Gordon & he recovers, how lucky we'll be.

Ideally, I'd like to trade Allen, JO and draft picks for Kaman. Don't forget, they don't have Gordon available either so maybe they'd be happy with an older but in great shape great scoring guard, Ray Allen for a couple of years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kaman Being Showcased : I doubt NO would let Kaman & Gordon go for Rondo & JO. Yup, I know Gordon's going to be out for knee surgery and we don't know how effective he'll be in the future but at 23 if he recovers, he can be a consistent 15-20 point scoring machine(which Rondo isn't) as well as any premier guard. I would let Rondo go for Kaman & maybe a draft pick or we keep JO. And we'd just need to live with Ray Allen, Bradly, Dooling, Moore and guard-forwards, Daniels, Pavlovic & Pietrus until we can draft a PG.  But if they toss in Gordon & he recovers, how lucky we'll be. Ideally, I'd like to trade Allen, JO and draft picks for Kaman. Don't forget, they don't have Gordon available either so maybe they'd be happy with an older but in great shape great scoring guard, Ray Allen for a couple of years.
    Posted by mandobello

Just one clarification, first:  Ray is a free agent after this year so NO would only have him for a few months.  After that, I doubt Ray plays for someone who is not a contender.

But, give me Gordon and Kaman for JON and Rondo any day!   I just don't see it happening because JON adds nothing except cap room when he retires and I don't think that's what NO needs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

NO needs both. At this point, they aren't likely to have Kaman or Gordon after the season is over. They need a face, which Rondo can be, and they need cap room as much as any other rebuilding team. Now this is a very risky trade for the C's as they may really get nothing back if Gordon's injury is that bad, but if he's able to recover it's huge. He becomes the future, along with JJ and whoever they pick up this offseason. For this season, the trade gives you Kaman, who is a better C than anyone they have now. The C's have proven that they can win without Rondo...but this basically means you're completely relying on the old legs of the vets. Again, that's a toss up.

Sections
Shortcuts