Chris Kaman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Chris Kaman

1 year deal... a little old at 29 to be part of the Clippers young core, esp when DeAndre Jordan is now the starter and is going to be extended this summer.

I mentioned awhile back that I want to use Baby and Krstic in sign and trades, not wlak for nothing (or in Krstic's case be our big minute starting C).

Send them and our 2012 1st rd pick to the Clippers for Kaman. Would LA be interested?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Chris Kaman

Kaman want more money than what its worth being a backup to Jordan. Even if they split time for a year or two. Krstic is the type of guy you pay 5-6 million to give you 16-18 minutes behind Krstic.

Big Baby would be a solid backup to Griffin as he is battle tested and won't get exposed in 12-16 mins vs a bench.

Perfect couple of 'vets' that at age 25-27 can be in their primes for LA's hopeful rise in the West and make 5-6 million each, the going MLE rate for 5th starters and 6th men. But LA will have lots of young guys making nowhere near max money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kaman is a good player but I don't think he will change things enough around here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well his mere consistant presence in the middle as a 14-9 guy in 32 mins would be a start and improvement on Krstic.

It would of course be an entire tweak of the way the team runs that is the real diff maker.

Pierce to the bench to anchor the 2nd unit and rest his legs for the 4th quarter.

Green starting SF getting 18-19 points in 33-35 minutes.

Rondo adding a shot, taking his play up a notch.

JON staying healthy for 65-70 games (rested in half the back to backs w/ KG resting the othe rhalf and Murphy playing) and giving us the 16-18 mins and excellent D, blocked shots, etc we saw recently.

DWest playing all season like he did in the Miami series.

Add to that a draft pick and/or MLE impact player...

and the team is in business.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

I
    n Response to Re: Chris Kaman:
    Well his mere consistant presence in the middle as a 14-9 guy in 32 mins would be a start and improvement on Krstic. It would of course be an entire tweak of the way the team runs that is the real diff maker. Pierce to the bench to anchor the 2nd unit and rest his legs for the 4th quarter. Green starting SF getting 18-19 points in 33-35 minutes. Rondo adding a shot, taking his play up a notch. JON staying healthy for 65-70 games (rested in half the back to backs w/ KG resting the othe rhalf and Murphy playing) and giving us the 16-18 mins and excellent D, blocked shots, etc we saw recently. DWest playing all season like he did in the Miami series. Add to that a draft pick and/or MLE impact player... and the team is in business.
    Posted by rameakap

The day that rondo adds a shot is the day he winds up in heaven, where everyone shoots at least 51%

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I'd rather hold on to Krstic than trade for Kaman. With time to recover from his injuries and more practice time with the team, Krstic should perform better next season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Kaman is interesting but we need a athletic center that can rebound and defend players like  the Bulls center.  But we might just be able to get CK.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Kaman has a deadly mid-range shot, at the very least he is the equal to Krstic outside the paint.

considering the only thing he is not superior to him in otherwise is age (2 years older) and salary (likley 4-5 million more per year) I don't understand why you'd rather have Krstic.

Post defense and rebounding killed us and Krstic is soft, he gets 5 rebounds and .5 blocks in 23 mins the past past 3 seasons where Kaman gets 8 and 1.5 in 29.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We need more more atheletism not a plodding 1/2 court center. I'm not saying Kaman isn't good,just not for us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from neil1101. Show neil1101's posts

Would much rather make a qualifying offer for DeAndre Jordan ... He's looking for somewhere in the vicinity of $7 - 8M / yr.  If Jermaine actually retires -- which looks more and more likely since he's going to need pins in his wrist, we get back his $5M / yr in addition to the MLE.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

We cannot match an offer for Deandre Jordan as we're way over the cap. The max we can offer is the MLE, which will not be good enough to land him to C's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from neil1101. Show neil1101's posts

What if Jermaine retires?  Doesn't that cash come off the books?  Another option is a sign & trade.  I don't know, I think Ainge needs to get creative and get a more expensive, younger big this offseason.  We can't make it through 82 games with re-treads and MLE guys.  

In Response to Re: Chris Kaman:
    We cannot match an offer for Deandre Jordan as we're way over the cap. The max we can offer is the MLE, which will not be good enough to land him to C's.
    Posted by kivanc

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

we cant use the MLE if JO returns.. If he decides to retire, we would then have the MLE to use again next year, kind of like we did this year after Sheed retired.
    Otherwise, it will just be trades or veteran minimum free agent types as the only avenues to add players.
    With Doc signing for 5 years (and who knows, hopefully more after that is up), I agree that something must be up. Danny has a major trade or two in the works during sometime between this offseason and next offseason. You will see a major reshaping of the roster in the next year plus, and I for one, am all for it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Would much rather make a qualifying offer for DeAndre Jordan ... He's looking for somewhere in the vicinity of $7 - 8M / yr.  If Jermaine actually retires -- which looks more and more likely since he's going to need pins in his wrist, we get back his $5M / yr in addition to the MLE.  
    Posted by neil1101

Yeah that is def not correct.

When sheed was going to retire last year all the talk was about if we could trade him first, then he'd retire with the new team.

Nobody ever implied we could combine Sheed's 10-11 salary of 6m with the 5.5m MLE we spent on JON and make a qualifying offer starting at 11.5 million a year for a FA.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

we cant use the MLE if JO returns.. If he decides to retire, we would then have the MLE to use again next year, kind of like we did this year after Sheed retired. Otherwise, it will just be trades or veteran minimum free agent types as the only avenues to add players. With Doc signing for 5 years (and who knows, hopefully more after that is up), I agree that something must be up. Danny has a major trade or two in the works during sometime between this offseason and next offseason. You will see a major reshaping of the roster in the next year plus, and I for one, am all for it.
    Posted by thejuice1

again not correct

Every team over the cap gets the MLE to use EVERY year... under the current CBA of course.

it is the LLE... or bi-annual exception, worth a pittance, that we used on House in 07 and daniels in 09 that we get every other year... and this would be the year we have it

but who knows with the new CBA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What if Jermaine retires?  Doesn't that cash come off the books?  Another option is a sign & trade.  I don't know, I think Ainge needs to get creative and get a more expensive, younger big this offseason.  We can't make it through 82 games with re-treads and MLE guys.   In Response to Re: Chris Kaman :
    Posted by neil1101

BINGO!

Thats what we need. sign and trades and creativity.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts