Chris Paul is overrated.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Chris Paul is overrated.

I don't get the hype with this guy.  He's overrated... Another PG that is overrated is Kyrie Irving.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Chris Paul is overrated.

CP3 was a cold blooded assassin in the 4th quarter against GSW yesterday taking the game over and going 4-4 from the field.

How in the world does one overrate that?

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Chris Paul is overrated.:
    I don't get the hype with this guy.  He's overrated... Another PG that is overrated is Kyrie Irving.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

I guess I am missing the point.  99% of the players are overrated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

CP3 is in the 1%, I guess. This guy does it all, from 3pointers to clutch shots to steals to assists to .......you get the point. OneOnOne, do u agree with the poster that CP3 is overrated?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Paul is overrated.:
    CP3 is in the 1%, I guess. This guy does it all, from 3pointers to clutch shots to steals to assists to .......you get the point. OneOnOne, do u agree with the poster that CP3 is overrated?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I think he and Deron and the two best in the game. If RR hits shots like he did yesterday then he moves up to their class.  Not yet though,  he has to prove last nite wasn't a fluke. 

Back to Paul.  How many players do you think could have taken the Lakers to 6 games last year with the roster the Hornets had?  Not sure anyone could have.  I am sure he is overrated somewhat with the way people throw around the word "great"  but he is a stud.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

chris paul is just one of those players i don't even want to like, but he did fine last night. don't know how we can knock irving as over rated when he has no body of work. wouldn't russell westbrook be a better source of such ridicule? check that dog stat line he turned in yesterday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

CP could be over rated..it all depends how you rate him in the first place...

I think the guy is the best PG in the NBA when healthy... but I wouldnt call him 10x better than the second place PG, that would be over rating him imo.

From the offensive side of the ball, theres really nothing he cant do extremely well thats expected from a PG.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

CP could be over rated..it all depends how you rate him in the first place... I think the guy is the best PG in the NBA when healthy... but I wouldnt call him 10x better than the second place PG, that would be over rating him imo. From the offensive side of the ball, theres really nothing he cant do extremely well thats expected from a PG.
    Posted by Karllost

You kind gave a better write up than i did.  I actually was thinking pretty much what you said,  just couldn't translate to words as well.  Michael Jordan he is not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

He's one of the best out there at his position, but I still think the Clippers are worse off after the trade. They now have 5 point guards, no backup center, no shooting guard at all and no 7 footers. They now have a great pg, but their team is worse.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

CP3 can pass, shoot, penetrate, involve his team, leads by example. Yeah, he's definitely a bust!

Ugh!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Null,
    He's terrific and your Lakers could have really used him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

CP3 can pass, shoot, penetrate, involve his team, leads by example. Yeah, he's definitely a bust! Ugh!!
    Posted by null

Too bad he's on the Clips, right Tayshawn.  Guess what - no Howard or DWill for you, either.  You'll have another year of watching Rose, Westbrook and Paul BLOW right by Derek Fisher with the game on the line!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

He is a great PG that's for sure

NBA Championships are not won with teams that feature a great top 5 PG and a bunch of very good starters.

Maybe the 89/90/04 Piston's are the only example of such a champion. Paul had an 18p-9r PF in West, a solid starting C in Chandler/Okafor and a Sf worthy of starting in Peja/Posey/Ariza... and it got him into the playoffs and a team that was maybe in the 7-12 range as far as best in the game.

Blake Griffin is better than West, but he better turn into Karl Malone or Shawn Kemp quick, a 26-11 guy, then the Clippers can be the Jazz/Sonics of the 90's. A top 5 team in the league that never wins a title.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" How in the world does one overrate that?"

OK let's get it on then. 

Chris Paul at his best is the best point guard in the league, not even close. We saw it last playoffs and if he can play like that into the postseason for multiple years he'll make some history of his own.

There's one way to overrate Chris Paul: to forget that he has had a lot of injury problems. He's someone that gets gimped up and misses big chunks of the season historically (or has to play through injuries that hamper his game). 

If Chris Paul can string together several seasons without injuries coming up, he'll separate himself from all the other point guards. 

However, if he can't manage to do that, then that will be why some of the CP3 fanboys here overrate him. You need consistency to be great. But for now, if the original poster was watching last night's game and think Paul's overrated, you're out of your mind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It's 1 thing to play 2 games with a dislocated elbow and have 7 months to heal

It's another to have multiple minor injuries every season AND one MAJOR knee operation that removes cartilidge and has a bone on bone situation going on.

That is how knees degenerate.

So there is little chance of Paul repeating his playoff performances into his 30's... or earning the max 5 year contract he gets at age 28 summer of 2013.

He will most likely have a career like Terrell Brandon, who was a 16-19ppg scorer in his mid-late 20's before injuries ruined his career.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

In Response to Chris Paul is overrated.:
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

When the Celtics were in the race to him he was the best, now that you lost him, he's overrated.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Chris Paul is overrated. : When the Celtics were in the race to him he was the best, now that you lost him, he's overrated.
    Posted by Lakerstroll

Nope, wrong again.  That is one person's opinion.  I, personally, don't think he is over-rated.  I was actually very worried when he almost went to the lakers.  He would have been perfect for you...........but, those days are over now, and you have to make do with the team you have - just like everyone else!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Paul is overrated. : Nope, wrong again.  That is one person's opinion.  I, personally, don't think he is over-rated.  I was actually very worried when he almost went to the lakers.  He would have been perfect for you...........but, those days are over now, and you have to make do with the team you have - just like everyone else!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

He only agreed to the Clips because he knew it's only for this year and next, then he's free to come to the one team EVERY player wants to come to, and I'll give you just one guess what team that is. BTW, Los Angeles now has two NBA championship quality teams. Boston only has 3 old men hobbling around. I love L.A.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celts will finish with a better record and the same playoff finish as both LA's teams (2nd rd)

If Paul (and his degenerative knee condition) were to sign w/ the Lakers in the summer of 2013 (after they ship Gasol's contract somewhere?) Kobe will be 35 and nothing more than a 4th best player giving you 14-17 points.

Better hope you can magically give Gasol to a team with oodles of cap space who are giving you back a starting SF and PF under their rookie contracts so you can compete.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

I would not be surprised if Boston ends up with a better record than the Lakers this season, after all which conference has been inferior since 2000?

Ugh!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Paul is overrated. : He only agreed to the Clips because he knew it's only for this year and next, then he's free to come to the one team EVERY player wants to come to, and I'll give you just one guess what team that is. BTW, Los Angeles now has two NBA championship quality teams. Boston only has 3 old men hobbling around. I love L.A.
    Posted by Lakerstroll

So, how does he get there as a Free Agent?  Oh, right, you don't know.  See, next year you'll have to STINK, trade Gasol for an expiring contract, then demand he take a pay cut for the privilege of being a laker.....and since that will be THREE years in a row without a Finals appearance, you'll be gone from this board, and no one will care where Chris Paul is playing!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Bynum is a FA after next season... which he has a 16.4 million contract option for... what do you expect he will need to be extended at?

I'm saying 5 years 85 million... MAYBE 5 years 75 if you are lucky

That means after you amnesty Metta World Peace and dump Blake (still owed 4m in '14)... you have Kobe (30 million) and Bynum (13-16m) under contract at 43-46 million. That doesn't give you enough money to sign Paul to a 'max' deal when the cap drops from 58-55 million that year.

So you need Paul to accept 4 years 50 million over the Clippers 5 years 85-90 million offer... with Blake, Jordan, Butler and whoever they use the MLE on this summer to return to play with

And somehow you have to dump Gasol (19 million) and get NOTHING to count against your cap in return

hahahahahahahaha

you LA fans crack me up... so ignorant... no idea how the league/CBA works

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Beat me to it Red

hahaha

got some insanely ignorant teenagers out there tonight

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

You guys really expect Laker fans to know about the salary cap? 

Hello! They can't even afford to buy shoes!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

When it comes down to it the Lakers and Celtics are in similar positions

Rondo is just as good a 25 year old PG as Bynum is a 24 year old Center

After that you've got Fisher (37) Kobe (33) World Peace (32) Blake (32) and Gasol (31).

average age: 33

vs. Ray (36) KG (35) Pierce (34) JO (33) and Dooling (31)

average age: 33.8

Kobe is only 9 months younger than Pierce. They are the 2 guys who will retire with their clubs and never played with another. Only Pierce is owed 32 million thre 2014 and Kobe 58 million.

Neither team is really more than a 2nd rd playoff team.

But the Celtics have an extra 1st rd pick and TONS of cap space.

We also own the right to the hopefully healthy and recovered Jeff Green.

Boston is in a much better situation.

Sections
Shortcuts