Chris Walker is now eligible at Florida

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Chris Walker is now eligible at Florida

After a ridiculously long wait, uber athletic forward Chris Walker will be able to suit up next week. I wouldn't expect him to have a major impact right away, but he should make Florida that more dangerous come March, and may have put them into one of the top contendors for the National Championship (if they aren't already). Here's the article from CBS: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24423980/florida-freshman-chris-walker-cleared-by-ncaa

Walker might be the most athletic player in this year's freshman class, and that's saying something. If you watch his highlights, think of a taller, more athletic Aaron Gordon (yup). They're very similar: not great chooters (so far), amazing athletes, great rebounders, plus-plus defenders. Both probably grade out as tweeners as right now, but I'm not an expert.

Highlight videos (get your popcorn ready if you like jaw-dropping dunks):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RQtrN4LB98

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrj8_ySk8Rw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OteVK5rSeYM

Why is this relevant? Well I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea of him going back to Florida for his sophomore season. These impermissable benefits accusations can get rougher as he gets older. NCAA will have a spot light on him. He'll probably finish out the rest of the season, get an idea of where he's going to be drafted, excel in workouts because of his athleticism, and he'll climb up draft boards despite the lack of playing time. The "big board" is constantly evolving. Some of the guys we thought would be great (Harrisons, Young, Gordon, Harrell) aren't excelling, while others (LaVine, Ennis, Vonleh) shooting up. He's definitely worth a look if he can choot 

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Chris Walker is now eligible at Florida

Impressive.........let's see how he does the rest of the NCAA year.

He could be worth a look with a later first round pick, if he can play.  I saw a lot of dunks, so not convinced.  But, a great athlete!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

If Walker does what they think he will..

Final 4:

Arizona, Kansas, Florida, Michigan St

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Walker does what they think he will..

Final 4:

Arizona, Kansas, Florida, Michigan St

[/QUOTE]

Cuse?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Playing in a more disciplined college system is different than any of his previous experiences. Having said that, he looks like an outstanding athlete and player, maybe more skilled or advanced than other highly rated kids. He can use either hand so he's not limited by location on the court or lack of options inside.  Not much evidence of a 15-18 foot game. He runs with fluidity and with little apparent effort.

Will he stay for another year? His infractions involved taking money (only a few hundred dollars in cash) and other things from agents - plural, which might indicate some shopping on his part. It wasn't big money, and he didn't get a car or lavish jewelry.  So, he doesn't seem like a guy with a big head. Sticking with school even though he had academic issues and NCAA problems speaks well of his character.  However, if he can be reasonably assured of being a high pick, that might be the single determing factor. 

I had a thought that Parker, Wiggins, and Embiid all might stay in school for another year and then the draft and many NBA teams' plans blow up.  Randle and Smart become 1 and 2, Hood and a lot of others move higher, but instead of a dynamite draft this year, it turns next year into an all-time banner draft year for the Celtics. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Only an idiot would stay in school if he was a top ten pick.

I look for all these guys to come out.

Sections
Shortcuts