Chris Wilcox is ruining the Celtics.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Chris Wilcox is ruining the Celtics.

Just a few minutes ago I posted how the Celtics are 2-0 without Jared Sullinger, but I want to point out that last year Chris Wilcox was lost for the season with heart Surgery.

The Celtics were a 500 team at that point.  they finished the seas 12 games over 500 and ended up winning the Atlantic division. This year when Wilcox returned from injury Doc has been careful to only play him 5 minutes a game.

The Celtics are 4-0 in those games. 

Based on last years dominating second half it is important Wilcox  stay on the bench. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Chris Wilcox is ruining the Celtics.

In response to jtkl's comment:

Just a few minutes ago I posted how the Celtics are 2-0 without Jared Sullinger, but I want to point out that last year Chris Wilcox was lost for the season with heart Surgery.

The Celtics were a 500 team at that point.  they finished the seas 12 games over 500 and ended up winning the Atlantic division. This year when Wilcox returned from injury Doc has been careful to only play him 5 minutes a game.

Based on last years dominating second half it is important Wilcox  stay on the bench. 

not quite the same thing talking about a seldom used 10th man or the teams starting point guard who plays more minutes than anyone else.

but pretty funny non the less!!

lets see if they keeo the team together what the winning % is after 40 games without Rondo

8-5 last year

7-3 this year, so far

15-8 after 23 games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

not quite the same thing talking about a seldom used 10th man or the teams starting point guard who plays more minutes than anyone else.

lets see if they keeo the team together what the winning % is after 40 games without Rondo

8-5 last year

7-3 this year, so far

15-8 after 23 games.

Okay I was being silly.... but. Let's remeber there are other factors involved. last year the team went on a rampage the second half of the season with Rondo.

This year they are 4 games into doing it without him.  So one it could be argued for whatever reason we are a team that gels later in the year.

Secondly;

Our bench last year, Ryan Hollins, Gregg Stiemsa, Marquis Daniels, Keyon Dooling, E'Twaun Moore.

This year: Jason Terry, Barbosa, Jeff Green, Chris Wilcox and Jason Collins.

That's two former 6ht men of the year, a starter from the Thunder, and two centers better than Hollins and D-leagueer Stiemsma 

The Celtics have more talent all around this year. it's not suprising that they ight whether this injury and make a little noise.  it doesn't mean they are better without Rondo. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

The Celtics have more talent all around this year. it's not suprising that they ight whether this injury and make a little noise.  it doesn't mean they are better without Rondo. 

[/QUOTE]

Get your head together ..Which player are you talking about. Back off C Wilcox your points are not relevent and these two players..CW..JC fit in far different game situations. I almost didn't dignify your post by replying but get with it man and pick another topic!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

Get your head together ..Which player are you talking about. Back off C Wilcox your points are not relevent and these two players..CW..JC fit in far different game situations. I almost didn't dignify your post by replying but get with it man and pick another topic!

[/QUOTE]

Well you shouldn't have dignified what I wrote with a reply if you are going to answer in such a stupid fashion.  The point I’m making is not to bash Wilcox if you had half a brain you would have realized that was tongue in Cheek. My point was to  make fun of the notion that because team play improving when a player goes down that player was the cause of former bad play.

This is a logical fallacy known as Post hoc ergo propter hoc which mean correlation does not equal causation.

So if I pick my lint out of my belly button and world war III happens the next day. It is still illogical to claim that Picking belly button lint causes war.

If Rondo goes down and the team plays better to assume it is because Rondo went down is a similar fallacy. It could be the cause but other factors could be in play (e.g. jason Terry starts feeling comfortable, Bradley returing and getting into swing of things etc..). Understand? Probably not. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

If Rondo goes down and the team plays better to assume it is because Rondo went down is a similar fallacy. It could be the cause but other factors could be in play (e.g. jason Terry starts feeling comfortable, Bradley returing and getting into swing of things etc..). Understand? Probably not. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for obscurely overstating the obvious. Most of us on this forum tolerate some tongue in cheek rhetoric, but when one goes on and on with their literary gymnastics, it becomes a waste of time. For the most part we on this forum believe in the Celtic players and coaches and  aren't ready to jump ship after every game or two or injury. 

You had a decent post going but it got to be repetitious and redundant in the content. Time to pick another topic.

Respectfully,

Gary

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

8-5 last year

7-3 this year, so far

15-8 after 23 games.

again 9-5 without RR (count playoffs with Atlanta)  16-8 = 66%

I have not once said we are better without Rondo either.  I am only stating facts.

Another fact is they are more fun to watch the last 4 games IMO.  I like their defense better as well.  To me , right now the regular season is what counts,  not the playoffs.  I will worry about the playoffs when we get there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

8-5 last year

7-3 this year, so far

15-8 after 23 games.

Okay I was being silly.... but. Let's remeber there are other factors involved. last year the team went on a rampage the second half of the season with Rondo.

This year they are 4 games into doing it without him.  So one it could be argued for whatever reason we are a team that gels later in the year.

Secondly;

Our bench last year, Ryan Hollins, Gregg Stiemsa, Marquis Daniels, Keyon Dooling, E'Twaun Moore.

That's two former 6ht men of the year, a starter from the Thunder, and two centers better than Hollins and D-leagueer Stiemsma 

You left out Ray Allen off our bench.  I would also take Stiemsa over either one of our centers and he couldn't even  practice last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

8-5 last year

7-3 this year, so far

15-8 after 23 games.

Secondly;

You left out Ray Allen off our bench.  I would also take Stiemsa over either one of our centers and he couldn't even  practice last year.

Ray was off our bench for a a month or so. before bradley went down. And Stiema is avering 2 points a game for the timberwolves. I wouldn't take him over either of our centers. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

8-5 last year

7-3 this year, so far

15-8 after 23 games.

again 9-5 without RR (count playoffs with Atlanta)  16-8 = 66%

I have not once said we are better without Rondo either.  I am only stating facts.

Another fact is they are more fun to watch the last 4 games IMO.  I like their defense better as well.  To me , right now the regular season is what counts,  not the playoffs.  I will worry about the playoffs when we get there.

And we were 24-10 last year when Wilcox went down. does that make Wilcox the problem. btw we were 24-10 with Rondo the seocnd half of last year, does it occur to anyone it sometimes takes new pieces a while to gel? 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

There should be a special font for tongue-in-cheek sarcasm.  Some people totally miss the boat on this and can't type a response fast enough.

Same problem with texting...  I have been in the dog house more than once for what was meant to be humor, but was taken with all seriousness. 

Post hoc ergo propter hoc?  I like it.

Sections
Shortcuts