Christmas and Smith cut from Celtics

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Christmas and Smith cut from Celtics

Apparently Doc didn't like his pick and roll defense against Philly.  Too bad for him, he gave up a contract in Europe.

Thought Joseph would make the team.....but I think there is one more cut to make, who goes?  Does this mean Downs or Kurz makes the team?

Rondo - Bradley

Terry - Lee

Pierce - Green - Joseph

Bass - Sully - Wilcox

KG - Darko - Collilns - Melo

or maybe they both make it until Wilcox and Bradley are ready?  Or, maybe, Danny has a bacup PG ready to unveil?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Downs actually looked good against the Knicks, but I would be surprised as well if he made it.

Neither Smith nor Christmas would have made an impact.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Is it me or does it look like Collins had his stomach stapled.  Dude has lost a ton of weight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big j. Show Big j's posts

i think joesph and melo should spend some time in the d league its not worth it to let them ride the bench. i also was cheering for christmas to make the squad 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

People get so carried away with marginal players, projecting Smith and Christmas onto the final roster, extoling the virtues of overseas guys who hit a few shots in the rookie league. There was never even the remotest chance either of these guys was going to make the final 12.

Kurz and Downs will also likely go at some point as well as neither is close to being NBA ready. Joseph is likely on the bubble. Melo will hang around because of where he was drafted, but he is a LONG way away from being ready to play in the league. He's completely lost on the court. 

The automatics are

Garnett; Bass; Pierce; Rondo; Terry; Lee; Green; Milicic; Sullinger; Collins; and Wilcox (if healthy)

Right now Jospeph or Melo would probably the 12th guy until Bradley comes back.

That would leave Jospeh and Leo as 13 and 14. Perhaps Downs could possibly hang around on the 15 or perhaps they pick up a veteran pg to round out the roster. Despite the protestations from Ainge it's a need that should be filled, even if it's just until Bradley arrives, though he too is not a true pg. 

Not sure as to the extent of the Milicic wrist injury is but it's a real concern. If both Wilcox and Milicic are injured this team is in serious trouble down low. Sullinger can help, but early on he's going to make a lot of mistakes. He has an excellent skill set, but has no idea how to play in this league yet. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Ainge has a backup PG in mind that may be released so it's giving Dionte and Jamar time to catch on with another team.

They said Dox isn't comfortable using Jet and Lee as backup PGs to handlle the ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Apparently Doc didn't like his pick and roll defense against Philly.  Too bad for him, he gave up a contract in Europe.

Thought Joseph would make the team.....but I think there is one more cut to make, who goes?  Does this mean Downs or Kurz makes the team?

Rondo - Bradley

Terry - Lee

Pierce - Green - Joseph

Bass - Sully - Wilcox

or maybe they both make it until Wilcox and Bradley are ready?  Or, maybe, Danny has a bacup PG ready to unveil?

[/QUOTE]

Red-Russ,

I doubt that Downs will make the team. Kurtz was brought as a warm body. So, as many predicted, Joseph makes the 15th spot on the Celtics roster.

Also, I guess, Doc decided to get serious: time to move to the next step of shaping the team.

AK

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo - Bradley

Terry - Lee

Pierce - Green - Joseph

Bass - Sully - Wilcox

[/QUOTE]

Red-Russ,

I doubt that Downs will make the team. Kurtz was brought as a warm body. So, as many predicted, Joseph makes the 15th spot on the Celtics roster.

Also, I guess, Doc decided to get serious: time to move to the next step of shaping the team.

AK

[/QUOTE]

I already counted Joseph......by my count, there are 14!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

ROTFLMAO!!!! CLUELESS34 TALKING ABOUT BRAINS. ROTFLMAO!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Who gets the last roster spot?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Derek Fisher is still out there........LOL!!