Christmas and Smith cut from Celtics

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Christmas and Smith cut from Celtics

Yeah but Tommy you just admitted that all you do here is lie on the Darko murder thread.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Yeah but Tommy you just admitted that all you do here is lie on the Darko murder thread.

I know you are looking for attention and yes, we see you snake, but this thread is about Christmas/Smith and making the cut.

There are Darko threads out there if you want to talk about him.

You mean the thread where after pummeling you for a week you admitted that you don't mean anything that you say on this board?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Might be time for you to start you 15th new screen name.

this one is kind of shot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

To re-iterate, Jospeh would theoretically be the 14th man on the roster, which would leave an extra spot...

I don't see Joseph, Melo, or somone like Downs being of much use this season regardless and whoever remains will occupy the 13-15 spots on the roster. If Jospeh and Melo both stay they will probably spend lots of time in Maine and be placed on the 12 only when injuries occur. It seems clear that Doc doesn't feel very comfortable using Terry or Lee at the PG spot. Obviously he has used Bradley there some in the past, though his ability to be effective in that spot is certainly open to question. Acquiring a vet pg seems like the move to make, though I'm not sure what they would then do when Bradley returns, and maybe they don't want to bring someone in for a few months if they are only going to release them. Still, a lot can happen and who knows how healthy the team will be when Bradley gets back. It's like the old axiom that you can't have enough pitching in baseball. Having an extra quality body or two is not a problem.  You can always deal with the situation when it arises and go from there. We're talking about 10 minutes a night probably. You cannot have Rondo on the court for the entire game. And yes, you can play differently with the second unti but it'd be nice to have someone who can actually get the ball over half court, push it on the break, and get the team into the offense. With combos that will include Terry, Wilcox, Sullinger, Bass, Green, Lee etc you don't need offense from the back-up pg spot.

Last week Rivers said abut Terry...

“I like his skill set, but honestly I’m concerned about our backup point; I thought so far, the way we’ve played, Jason Terry is handling the ball a lot. I don’t want that. I want him to be a scorer and I think him handling the ball takes away his best ability. And as a staff, we have to figure out something better for him. Courtney Lee the same way, I don’t want him overhandling it either, and right now with Avery [Bradley] out, we’re kinda stuck.

Though this week he kind of back-tracked on the stetement, I'd chock it up to him toe-ing the co. line. Here's his latest quote on the subject...

"I think every team is always looking. If nothing comes, does that bother us? No. It would be great to get another guy at any position. Obviously that one would help. But we can't also forget that Avery [Bradley] is coming back, too. We don't want to overdo the point guard thing."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

It will probably be someone we've never heard of, but according to a list I was looking at the available PG's are:

Arenas

Barbosa (arguable he's a PG)
    Bibby

Fisher

or anyone who will be cut from another team.  I would prefer a PG, not someone like Nate Robinson, who is really a 2 guard...........

Of course, they could be talking to Keyon Dooling right now......

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Johhny Flynn  also may be available - so it makes one wonder who exactly we are looking at.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I thought Christmas had a shot at making it.  Oh well!!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Joseph has more upside at this point and it looks like they want to take a closer look at Downs.

Sections
Shortcuts