Classiest gesture by Doc and KG towards McHale! GREEN for life......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

Re: Classiest gesture by Doc and KG towards McHale! GREEN for life......

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

getting your grill caved in on the road and rather than making it all about you and the micro, doc was able to grasp the bigger pic. everyone was stunned incl the espn crew by doc going down to kev and as a man embracing him without a whole bunch of words. kev was almost tearing but went into full tear mode when his bay garnett who hates everyone on the court and cant even se ray coming during a tieout tones out his own demons to personally walk over out of his way and hug the man. that will be a part of garnett's legacy tribute forever. they hugged for like a minute with neither wanting to let go. you can see the passion and appreciation both guys have for each other. didnt always work out in minny but the respect and love will always be there. then other celts came over incl Jeff Green. didnt notice rondo or pp though.. may have seen courtney lee. i'm sure danny has been in touch..

i hate losing but have no beef giving kev that one! thats a man with a heavy heart! that was celtic pride at its best. one a ifelong celt with minny roots, the other with minny team roots who git traded to win a ring in bawston and still upholding the tradition thae first guy started. i'm sure rob parker did not approve of garnett doing that!

[/QUOTE]

Only one word for that "Classy" 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I honestly wouldnt be gushing all over KG for this. It was nice to see and was very emotional but the word I'd use to describe the scene was "Expected"

Anyone that had/has any sort of positive or even negative relationship for that matter  with McHale should express their condolances and sympathy for the man. Nothing on earth is worse than losing a child.  What KG did is what he should have done... he did the right thing and it was very touching scene  watching  McHale react ... I wish I could have given the guy a hug myself right then.. it broke me down watching the poor guy who obviously wont get over the tragedy for the rest of his life..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I honestly wouldnt be gushing all over KG for this. It was nice to see and was very emotional but the word I'd use to describe the scene was "Expected"

Anyone that had/has any sort of positive or even negative relationship for that matter  with McHale should express their condolances and sympathy for the man. Nothing on earth is worse than losing a child.  What KG did is what he should have done... he did the right thing and it was very touching scene  watching  McHale react ... I wish I could have given the guy a hug myself right then.. it broke me down watching the poor guy who obviously wont get over the tragedy for the rest of his life..

[/QUOTE]

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] + everything!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

See your point here but KG showed a great deal of empathy and it affected Mchale deeply.  That should tell you how a man of the stature of Mchale felt about whatever KG said.  You might have given him a hug but he felt deeply when getting it from the young kid he drafted in 1995. KG in my opinion is something special.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

See your point here but KG showed a great deal of empathy and it affected Mchale deeply.  That should tell you how a man of the stature of Mchale felt about whatever KG said.  You might have given him a hug but he felt deeply when getting it from the young kid he drafted in 1995. KG in my opinion is something special.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you're saying however, thats not the point of my post. I was merely stating what KG did wasnt a great sacrifice or a giant swallowing of pride on his behalf to console a friend... it was what the man should do, the right thing. 

Why would people be stunned, as the first post in this thread says.. by KG or Doc walking over to McHale and consoling him???? Id be stunned only  if they didnt

Sections
Shortcuts