Cleaning House. Who Will be Left on the C's Roster?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Cleaning House. Who Will be Left on the C's Roster?

10 Players Who Will NOT Be On The Roster Next Year!!

Already Traded:  Crawford, Lee and Brooks

Not Good Enough to Make the Team Next Year:  Pressey, Johnson, Fav (all to D League)

Don't fit in rebuild but have no trade value (waived):  Wallace, Bogans 

Don't fit in rebuild (traded):  Bass, Hump 

On the Bubble:

Joel Anthony will get $3.8M this year AND next year.  I think he is on the team to allow Sully and Oly to develop in position and let Anthony get beat up underneath.  He is trade fodder. 

Bradley has not been extended.  He will reportedly ask for $8M.  I don't think he is worth it and will be packaged as good trade value.

Bayless is young, 11th draft pick, an underperformer but an adequate backup PG earning $3M this year on an expiring contract who will be a RFA.  I think the C's resign and keep him. 

Unknown:

Rondo.  I don't think Danny wants to waste Rondo in a rebuild year, chance that he will be reinjured and then deal with his $85-100M 5 year contract demands after next year.  Rondo is traded.   

Green.  Since the C's have no depth at SF, I believe that Green remains on the team

Definitely On the Team Next Year:

Sullinger - good rookie contract, big man who plays multiple positions, huge upside potential 

[IMO That leaves only Sullinger, Oly, Green and Bayless ]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Cleaning House. Who Will be Left on the C's Roster?

I agree that Sully is the only guy that is a lock.

The rest of them, whether it be because of salaries or performance, could be gone.  I imagine that Green and Rondo will be back as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

So, and I don't mean anyone on this thread, but just in general:

would we rather pay Bradley 8 per year or go for broke and pay Hayward 12?

Just trying to gauge an opinion, not start a war!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I don't think Sully is a lock if the right deal comes along.  He's kind of a tweener, not tall enough to play center and too slow to stay with the Quicker power forwards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brettearle. Show brettearle's posts

I agree....Rondo will be traded.....

IF he proves, this year, that he has returned, roughly, to the player that he was before the injury.

If Rondo isn't traded, he almost certainly will leave, after the 2014-2015 season--because he does not want to wait around for the requisite rebuilding time, unless Ainge pulls off another Garnett/Ray Allen-like coup. 

While Rondo's departure, via Free Agency, will clear out salary space, Ainge might still not get enough, to replace him--when Ainge looks at free-agency choices, based on the 14 million salary level (or it may be 11 million) that will be removed from the salary cap total.

One thing I disagree with is Bradley.

I don't think Ainge can get enough for him--even if he's packaged.  Bradley still has room to grow (and to grow back to pre-injury status).  He is still not fully recovered from his shoulder injuries.

Bradley has a great deal of floor-presence value--whether it's his good (but not great) work as a defender; his ability to move without the ball; and his outside range.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I pay and take Hayward.  

Bradley has value as a s-h-u-t (anyother banned word!) down D resource and is a competent but undersized SG with limited range, no rebounding and not a particularly skilled passer.  He has good character, strong motor and heart.  I would resign Bradley at $6.5M, but not $8M.  He is a bench and situatioal player on a good team.

I haven't watched Hayward enough, but from my limited perspective, he is more flexible and can play both SG and SF at 6'8".  He has a better deep s.h.o-t (how ridiculous is it that we can't use that word on a basketball forum!!) is a very good passer, decent rebounder and is also a proficient defensive player.  I like his court sense and decision making.  He has a strong all around game and is a starter on most any team and a potential all star.

Here is a question back to you.  Would you rather pay Hayward $60M for 5 years or pay Rondo $92M for 5 years (or $6+M per year more than Hayward) ??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I pay and take Hayward.  

Bradley has value as a s-h-u-t (anyother banned word!) down D resource and is a competent but undersized SG with limited range, no rebounding and not a particularly skilled passer.  He has good character, strong motor and heart.  I would resign Bradley at $6.5M, but not $8M.  He is a bench and situatioal player on a good team.

I haven't watched Hayward enough, but from my limited perspective, he is more flexible and can play both SG and SF at 6'8".  He has a better deep s.h.o-t (how ridiculous is it that we can't use that word on a basketball forum!!) is a very good passer, decent rebounder and is also a proficient defensive player.  I like his court sense and decision making.  He has a strong all around game and is a starter on most any team and a potential all star.

Here is a question back to you.  Would you rather pay Hayward $60M for 5 years or pay Rondo $92M for 5 years (or $6+M per year more than Hayward) ??

I love Hayward, and I don't think Rondo is a max player.  If he feels that way, good luck finding it.  Rose, Irving, Wall, Lillard.....those guys are max players.  If we keep
    Rondo, it will be on our terms, not his.

So, not to avoid your question, I'd rather have Hayward, and trade Rondo to HOU, getting back Lin and Asik!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

IF Rondo is traded we will be in full mudhole mode.  If Rondo contract is too much he may be traded unless Danny signs a real player that would make us a contender.  It may take Rondo and draft choices to get a choice player that can carry a team at times and finsh games.  It is unclear now and depends on what happens.

Sections
Shortcuts