C.Lee: Winning is more important than money.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

Re: C.Lee: Winning is more important than money.

truth to be told its pretty rare to see that nowadays.two thumbs up!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

way to go C. Lee!!!!!!  Can't wait for the season to start!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Dfurypuss has run out of pictures.............he keeps re-hashing the same one over and over and over......................again

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

What team was going to offer Lee more then 4 years for $21.35m?

To give him more money, Boston had to trade both of their 2011 draft picks.

They also gave up Charlotte's 2013 2nd round pick which will probably be the 31st pick next summer.

He is trying to come across as a good guy, but he didn't give Boston any type of discount.

Boston gave up a lot for a player that was an unrestricted free agent.

[/QUOTE]

I does look like it is hard for you to fathom things.  Boston gave up 3 picks to Courtney Lee?  You know that they can't give picks to a player.  Right?  Yes, they gave up picks to acquire him because they had to trade salary for him and had to incentivize Houston to take back salary.

Are you saying that you don't believe Courtney when he says that he had better offers but chose this one?  That will be pretty stupid.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to dfurypos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What team was going to offer Lee more then 4 years for $21.35m?

To give him more money, Boston had to trade both of their 2011 draft picks.

They also gave up Charlotte's 2013 2nd round pick which will probably be the 31st pick next summer.

He is trying to come across as a good guy, but he didn't give Boston any type of discount.

Boston gave up a lot for a player that was an unrestricted free agent.

[/QUOTE]
    True Dat Tommy!

Danny Ainge  $$:($$Smoke Show!

[/QUOTE]

And here comes stupider.  I was thinking of the moniker dumb and dumber for these two amigos.  But stupid and stupider fits much better.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/celtics/2012/09/30/courtney-lee-boston-celtics-turned-down-money/1604789/

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8445409/courtney-lee-says-turned-more-money-join-boston-celtics

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8445705/how-courtney-lee-landed-boston-celtics

ALL those reports, of course, are WRONG, and Tommy is right - everyone got that???

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Refuting is not discussing!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to dfurypos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/celtics/2012/09/30/courtney-lee-boston-celtics-turned-down-money/1604789/

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8445409/courtney-lee-says-turned-more-money-join-boston-celtics

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8445705/how-courtney-lee-landed-boston-celtics

ALL those reports, of course, are WRONG, and Tommy is right - everyone got that???

[/QUOTE]
    Wait maybe you should refer to ramekap!!  LMAO  :icon_conf

[/QUOTE]

Refer what?  You are more concerned with your emoticons than with your sentence structure!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

Boston gave up players who were their 2011 draft picks.

No, I don't believe for a second Lee had any 4 year offers worth more then what he is being paid by Boston.

The deal almot fell apart because Lee wanted more money so Boston had to add players to get him at least $5m per year.

[/QUOTE]

You speculate that the deal fell apart.  Or did you read about it some where?

Do you work?  Do you like that place?  Go and tell your boss that you will work at half the salary because you like the place.  Or find a place where you will work at half the salary but you would really like it.

Courtney Lee had a choice of teams and did not go to the highest bidder.  Instead he chose to come to Boston.  I believe him and appreciate that.  Yes, he did not take a 50% smaller contract.  But I still appreciate him for taking less.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Lee received a 4 year $21+m contract from Boston.

What team was willing to pay him more then that?

That is a fantasy story made up by Courtney to make gullible Celtics fans have a warm and fuzzy place in their heart for him.

It wasn't just the $21+m contract, Boston also gave up quite a bit in the trade for him.

Believe me, he did the Celtics no favors.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to TommyRules's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They say that Lee turned down more money.

He wants to come across as a hero.

Why didn't he take the bi-annual exception?

They could have kept JJJ, Moore, Sasha and the Charlotte draft pick.

He was a free agent.

He could have signed with any team.

Why did he have to have a $5m salary so Boston had to trade those young players?

I thought you weren't talking bb with me anymore?

That lasted about 10 minutes.

[/QUOTE]

Did we really have room for JJJ, Moore, and Sasha? You can argue all day about the money and other team offers that neither of us can validate, but where is the roster space for these three guys? I hated to see Moore go after his summerleague performance, and he'd have likely gotten the spot that will now go to Smith or Christmas.

JJJ was not shaping up to be a part of this team. He's tall enough, but too weak to be an effective PF with us. And if you kept him, what'd that do to Sullinger? And Sasha, poor Sasha. He gave a couple of sparks in a few games, but lets be honest, he was getting stale, and with Jeff back, there are no minutes for him or Quis.

Right now we have 13/15 with the last two going between Joseph, Christmas, and Smith. I hate to say it, but JJJ, Moore, and Sasha on the whole was trash that we needed to get rid of. No lost value there.

SO

With that in mind, you tell me. Is that a reasonable loss for acquiring a young starting SG all while keeping the BAE in reserve for the unkown-unknown situation? I think so.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Mark from Ct's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lee received a 4 year $21+m contract from Boston.

What team was willing to pay him more then that?

That is a fantasy story made up by Courtney to make gullible Celtics fans have a warm and fuzzy place in their heart for him.

It wasn't just the $21+m contract, Boston also gave up quite a bit in the trade for him.

Believe me, he did the Celtics no favors.

[/QUOTE]

We already got this from Tommy - and everyone knows you and Tommy are the same, so this is truly pathetic.  Signing on under two different user names to validate your argument.  WOW - you need help, man.  I just cited FOUR sources where Lee is qoted as saying the same thing.

So, we have two choices.  Either Lee is lying............or you are.

Want me to start a thread on this?  Here's a hint, it will be as lopsided as the College Top 25 Poll this week!!!!!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Lee doesn't want to play behind the selfish ball hog!!  So, NO  to the lakers!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Danny  was just cleaning out the closet on wanna be's..JJ was a mistake from the get go..

the kid with the nets was a better pick...but Lee more than makes up for it..

The whinning comes from fans of a team that sold the future for 1 shot at the title..

A team that is scheduled to pay about 50 mil or so in luxury tax?  Talk about burning money..

Sections
Shortcuts