Clippers 2016 pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Clippers 2016 pick

If the trade is allowed this pick could easily be in the lottery. I am VERY curious what protection would be on it. There is a reason Sterling was digging his heels on this.

By the '15-'16 season KG will be retired (or 40), Pierce (if he goes there) will be 38 and Jamal Crawford 36. Chris Paul will be 31 and his knee issues, no cartiledge, etc. are well known. CP3 and Griffin will make like 40 million combined, keeping LA from anything but mini-MLE signings, and they'll have no '14 pick and pick 25 this year is in a weak draft. 

In order to avoid the 2016 lotto:

A. Paul will have to remain somewhat healthy and 90% of what he is now

B. Griffin will have had to have BLOWN UP into a Karl Malone 26/23 superstar

C. Whatever they get for Bledsoe/Butler (Afflalo?) better be REAL good

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Clippers 2016 pick

Correction: Griffin will have to be a 22-27ppg and 12-14rpg guy (like Malone) NOT a 23 revound per game guy... haha, hit the 2 instead of the 1 key there:-)

2 years ago many thought that was Griffin's ceiling/destiny... now, after an 18/8 where he couldn't get along with his PG or coach, add a decent mid-range shot or play above average defense... not so sure

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Really, isn't how the pick's protected more of a debate than giving it up? I really don't believe its as simple as giving the secound pick or not. If its lotto protected and the Clipps are in there, then it typically means we get the next years pick or a secound round pick. Essentially, depending on how they protect both picks, we may not see the benefits of this trade for more than a couple of years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I guess we will see how the pick is protected if this deal even goes through. I hope it is not worse than top 3 or 5 protection.