Clippers #8 Draft Pick 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Clippers #8 Draft Pick 2012

If the season ended today, the Clippers would end up with the 8th Overall Draft Selection.  Does anyone think this will be higher or lower in 2012? 

2007#14
    2008#7
    2009#1
    2010#8
    2011#8

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Clippers #8 Draft Pick 2012

It's a top ten protected pick. So in order for the Celts to get that pick in 2012 it would have to be the 11th pick or higher. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

What do you mean "in order to get that pick"?  The Celtics have that pick regardless if it's #1 or #30 right?  

Did I miss something?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Clippers #8 Draft Pick 2012:
    [QUOTE]What do you mean "in order to get that pick"?  The Celtics have that pick regardless if it's #1 or #30 right?   Did I miss something?
    Posted by PatsFanGermany[/QUOTE]

You missed something important. Google "NBA protected draft pick" and read.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ac3boogi3. Show Ac3boogi3's posts

is it a top 10 protected or a lottery protected?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]is it a top 10 protected or a lottery protected?
    Posted by Ac3boogi3[/QUOTE]

Top 10.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcceltics. Show jcceltics's posts

they'll be better next year, Eric Gordon and Cris Kamen have been injured most of the year.  i'm predicting they'll be on the playoff bubble, and the draft should be deeper next year, anther good move for Danny. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

they might be better THIS year, with the addtion of williams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

draft fantasies, 2012 edition.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

man so the clippers get the pick bacxk if they are awful and pick in the top 10. thought it meants we get one in the top 10.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]man so the clippers get the pick bacxk if they are awful and pick in the top 10. thought it meants we get one in the top 10.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

Look at this way, if the Celtics don't get the 2012 pick the Celtics will get the 2013 pick with no restrictions. That means if the Clips will get the #1 pick in 2013 then the Celtics will be picking #1 in the 2013 Draft.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clippers #8 Draft Pick 2012 : Look at this way, if the Celtics don't get the 2012 pick the Celtics will get the 2013 pick with no restrictions. That means if the Clips will get the #1 pick in 2013 then the Celtics will be picking #1 in the 2013 Draft.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

that would be very red like indeed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Why 2012 or 2013? Here's a hint, Austin Rivers! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The 6-foot-4, 189-pound Rivers could have an immediate impact once he gets to Cameron in Duke's up-tempo, fast-breaking style of play. He is a prolific scorer, has range out to 28 feet and an excellent mid-range game. He uses the jab-step as well as seasoned pros, can finish through contact when attacking the basket and has the best NBA-level floater over bigs of any player in the high school or college ranks.

Imagine if the Cs starting SG in 2012 or 2013 would be Austin Rivers. The thought of Doc coaching his son in the NBA, with the Celtics! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Clippers #8 Draft Pick 2012:
    [QUOTE]If the season ended today, the Clippers would end up with the 8th Overall Draft Selection.  Does anyone think this will be higher or lower in 2012?  2007#14 2008#7 2009#1 2010#8 2011#8
    Posted by PatsFanGermany[/QUOTE]

Let's see they played about 40 games without ther all-star center and about the last 20 without the 5th leading score in the league.  There is zero chance that it will be 8th and if it is 8th, the Cs don't get it because it is top 10 protected.  The Clippers will win 50 next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

The Clippers are the Clippers.  90% chance they will find a way to be in the lottery

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Has anyone been watching Blake Griffin?

Does anyone think that team isn't getting better?  Besides we're talking about a pick in 2012, meaning there is a draft before we get that pick...so who can really project what we'll get or where that pick will be in 2012.

Guess who's projected to be the first pick in 2012?  Austin Rivers! A guy who just committed to Duke and hasn't played a single college game yet.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

We have just mortgaged this year for an unproven future commodity!  If we don't win it this year, this will be the reason!  Regardless of what Mazz may say in his crappy columns!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder,
    I will bet you right now the Clippers will not win fifty next year.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder, I will bet you right now the Clippers will not win fifty next year.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

They would have won 50 this year with Kaman and Gordon.  Kaman - all-star center, Gordon - 5th best scorer.  Bledsoe - one of the best young players in the league.

When you see the Clippers win 50 (after getting another really good young player this year after having lots of injuries) how will you reward me for being the one that enlightened you?

What will happen is you will deny it and you will say that I just made it up.......  the Clippers have an all-star center that just missed about 35 games and during that time they had a very young athletic center (better than Perk) play in his place, they missed Gordon (24 ppg) for that last 20 games, they have the rookie of the year, a great young point guard, the rookie of the year......

50 games in the west is not a big deal.....  just keep in mind how you will have to pay me for the bet........... they would have won 50 this year had Kaman and Gordon not been hurt.

So next year is a no brainer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clippers #8 Draft Pick 2012 : They would have won 50 this year with Kaman and Gordon.  Kaman - all-star center, Gordon - 5th best scorer.  Bledsoe - one of the best young players in the league. When you see the Clippers win 50 (after getting another really good young player this year after having lots of injuries) how will you reward me for being the one that enlightened you? What will happen is you will deny it and you will say that I just made it up.......  the Clippers have an all-star center that just missed about 35 games and during that time they had a very young athletic center (better than Perk) play in his place, they missed Gordon (24 ppg) for that last 20 games, they have the rookie of the year, a great young point guard, the rookie of the year...... 50 games in the west is not a big deal.....  just keep in mind how you will have to pay me for the bet........... they would have won 50 this year had Kaman and Gordon not been hurt. So next year is a no brainer.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

They will win between 40 and 50.  No brainer fits you rather well.  Really going out on a limb picking 50 game eh?  Lets not forget all the other young teams you have had being top teams, winning championships, etc.

Lets see you have had the Bulls ( of course it was with all their other players, not the ones now)  The Hawks, hows that working for you.  The Bucks, The Blazers, should I go on?   I know you can change your mind.  The point is you are wrong more than your right. 

The Clips may turn out to be a good team. Time will tell.  History suggests otherwise for many different reasons.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

BTW Dudder, Perkins bought a hamburger joint in Oklahoma and will be FLIPPING BURGERS all next week.  He asked for you to come down so he could see how far he could stick his foot in your behind. Your boy Darko may work for him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Pick should be 12-17 next year

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clippers #8 Draft Pick 2012 : They would have won 50 this year with Kaman and Gordon.  Kaman - all-star center, Gordon - 5th best scorer.  Bledsoe - one of the best young players in the league. When you see the Clippers win 50 (after getting another really good young player this year after having lots of injuries) how will you reward me for being the one that enlightened you? What will happen is you will deny it and you will say that I just made it up.......  the Clippers have an all-star center that just missed about 35 games and during that time they had a very young athletic center (better than Perk) play in his place, they missed Gordon (24 ppg) for that last 20 games, they have the rookie of the year, a great young point guard, the rookie of the year...... 50 games in the west is not a big deal.....  just keep in mind how you will have to pay me for the bet........... they would have won 50 this year had Kaman and Gordon not been hurt. So next year is a no brainer.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Dudder - you're comical.  You provided a good laugh here.  

That was your intent, right?  Surely you were serious in those remarks?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I don't like this whole restricted business.  I think Griffen will make this team alot better next year and it will probably end up being  a 11-15 pick.  It would be great to haver some luck in the draft though after missing out on the Raiders pick as well as the Leafs 2011 pick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Clippers want be winning 50 games in the West for a very long time.  What teams are they going to dominate?  the East will be loaded and the West is the West.  They will win no more than 45 and more closer to 41.

Sections
Shortcuts