Clippers & Celtics at it again.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Clippers & Celtics at it again.

1. The Clippers reached out to the Celtics this afternoon to resume dialogue on a possible deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

2. The Celtics and Clippers have started talks again on the Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: Clippers & Celtics at it again.

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

1. Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 6m

The Clippers reached out to the Celtics this afternoon to resume dialogue on a possible deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Expand
    2. Adrian Wojnarowski Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 10m

The Celtics and Clippers have started talks again on the Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

So if true, then the interview with Byron Scott didnt go as well as reported...haha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Guess not.Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I predicted the deal would come back.

Big negotiators walk away to see if the other side is really serious.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

I predicted the deal would come back.

Big negotiators walk away to see if the other side is really serious.

Of course they do.  And they put all the spin they can on it to make the other side think they have moved on.... we will see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I would take Jordan and a first round pick if they take Lee's contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bahstunguy. Show bahstunguy's posts

The Clippers reached out to the Celtics this afternoon to resume dialogue on a possible deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Expand

The Celtics and Clippers have started talks again on the Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 1m

Y! Sources: With a nudge from Chris Paul, the Clippers-Celtics are discussing Garnett-Rivers deal again. http://tinyurl.com/lk92w48

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bahstunguy. Show bahstunguy's posts

Expand

Listening to Felger and Mazz today - Mazz found out that the owner/GM of the Clippers has a long history of changing his mind on deals. This is what Mazz said and I quote. 'A league source told me that whatshisname could get on an elevator on the 9th floor after leaving a long meeting and giving his final yay or nay on a deal and if the elevator man talked to him he would've changed his mind by the time they got to the ground floor'. This Dufus is a MORON. He's making the Celtics look bad and I can't believe that the Celtics still want to talk to him.

The Celtics are a proud franchise. These shenanigans are making the Celtics look like idiots. Walk away from them and I hope CP does too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeD10299. Show MikeD10299's posts

I'll never understand why anyone would want to work for Donald Sterling, that guy is the biggest joke in the NBA. Good luck to Doc but he won't have the freedom he had here to work his magic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to bahstunguy's comment:

Expand

Listening to Felger and Mazz today - Mazz found out that the owner/GM of the Clippers has a long history of changing his mind on deals. This is what Mazz said and I quote. 'A league source told me that whatshisname could get on an elevator on the 9th floor after leaving a long meeting and giving his final yay or nay on a deal and if the elevator man talked to him he would've changed his mind by the time they got to the ground floor'. This Dufus is a MORON. He's making the Celtics look bad and I can't believe that the Celtics still want to talk to him.

The Celtics are a proud franchise. These shenanigans are making the Celtics look like idiots. Walk away from them and I hope CP does too.

If the Cs get what they want who cares how the "look"?  Not me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from REW. Show REW's posts

It would be poor form perhaps, I would introduce the name of Bledsoe again.  Others say that the February trade included Bledsoe, but during this round of negotiations his name was not included.  If the Clippers came back, try it again. 

Minimally it should be two first round draft picks, and Lee's contract, just for being jerked around.  I would guess one or the other.

They say in baseball trades it takes a few years to know who got the better end, if young players are included.  In basketball, whoever gets the top player, is usually the winner.  Garnett- if healthy, is the better player next year for the Clips.  We respect Garnett while knowing he is likely for an injury, or to be mnimally beat up by  playoffs.  The Clips (to me), will have a disappointed fan base if the trade is not made.  Time to ante up Mr. Sterling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to bahstunguy's comment:

Expand

If the Cs get what they want who cares how the "look"?  Not me.

The C's are in a great position. If I where Ainge I would ask for me because you know you have thEm.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The deal is back on because Chris Paul said it should be back on. Thank you Danny for holding fast in your demands. Thank you CP3 for being a selfish NBA baller and demanding you get Doc as your coach!!!"

Exactly. 

Ainge played his cards well here. Clips thought they had the leverage but Ainge pretended to make nice with Doc, likely with Doc's cooperation. Very smart. Meanwhile Paul demands the Clips hire Doc, increasing the Celtics leverage. 

Go for it Danny, work the room!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to MikeD10299's comment:

I'll never understand why anyone would want to work for Donald Sterling, that guy is the biggest joke in the NBA. Good luck to Doc but he won't have the freedom he had here to work his magic.

Maybe because he is a rich joke

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Of course it's back on, the Clippers desperately need Doc and Garnett.  Stick it to 'em Danny.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

The deal will get done by Saturday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

As they say, I want the cake and to eat it too. They get Doc, KG, PP  & Terry & Lee. Give them Bass too if it swings the deal. But we want Bledsoe, Jordan & Butler & 2 draft picks. We can trade either Bledsoe for Bogut maybe or even Rondo if we can get a Cousins. In the meantime we live with Jordan, mediocre but he and Sully and, hopefully melo should pull down 25-30 rebs among them. Butler playing along with Green, although not PP, is 6'7" and ave 10 pts but 15 lifetime and could do the same with us as Paul & Griffin were looked to for the scoring.

And the two draft picks and our own, draft the best Centers & PGs available.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

DJ and two first round picks for Garnett and Doc.

More if we include Pierce in the deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

So they came back with their tails between their legs...well the deal is still Jordan, Bledsoe and Butler...I may even ask for a #1. They have no choice so why not ask for a little more. It's the price of leaving the negotiating table.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

So they came back with their tails between their legs...well the deal is still Jordan, Bledsoe and Butler...I may even ask for a #1. They have no choice so why not ask for a little more. It's the price of leaving the negotiating table.

According to ESPN it's not like that.

One source close to the talks expressed optimism that a deal could be done as soon as Wednesday night, with the Clippers swapping DeAndre Jordan for Garnett and Boston receiving two first-round draft picks as compensation for Rivers.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9404760/trade-talks-los-angeles-clippers-boston-celtics-back-sources-say-doc-rivers-danny-ainge-meeting

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I would take Jordan and a first round pick if they take Lee's contract.

In 6 months we'll be looking for someone to take Jordan's contract. lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

My guess, a third team which was standing on the sidelines for the secondary Bledsoe deal the clips wanted to make, approached the clips about working a 3 team deal over the last 24 hrs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

and we Flip either Bleadsoe/Rondo for a big,(Cousins,Big A, Millsap) and flip the first rounders for a lotto pick...ie, franchise player..

Sections
Shortcuts