Clippers are now saying they will up their offer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Clippers are now saying they will up their offer

The Clippers are now saying they will up their offer.

Ainge called their bluff by scheduling a press conference with Doc.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Clippers are now saying they will up their offer

Sterling still has to sign off on it.

He might just let Paul walk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Sterling seems to be a moron

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Mark Heisler: Two sources now confirm #Celtics #Clippers talking again, making progress. Before I had one, a suggestion from second and C's canceling p.c. Twitter @MarkHeisler

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I dont know if its enough but I want this to be done..I am starting to hate the idea of Doc coaching the C's when he does not want to.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

This is the craziest thing I've ever seen.

It's like negotiating with North Korea.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

AGHHH THAT SUCKS BIG TIME

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

This is the craziest thing I've ever seen.

It's like negotiating with North Korea.

haaa exactly.. Both parties playing tough i guess

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

At this point I too just want doc gone, hes no better than ray, in fact you could say hes worse at least ray was a free agent. 

Doc is an overrated coach imo anyway, prior to the big 3 he was terrible and even pp couldnt get along with him and many fans wanted him fired at the time, while also "leading" us to  the all time celtics consecutive losing streak record.  I personally think both his assistants were better coaches (thibedo and frank) than he ever was.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

At this point I too just want doc gone, hes no better than ray, in fact you could say hes worse at least ray was a free agent. 

Doc is an overrated coach imo anyway, prior to the big 3 he was terrible and even pp couldnt get along with him and many fans wanted him fired at the time, while also "leading" us to  the all time celtics consecutive losing streak record.  I personally think both his assistants were better coaches (thibedo and frank) than he ever was.

He can take tyLue with him as well...new fresh beginning please.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Look. KG will only play for Doc. So if we want to move KG for younger assets (Deandre Jordan and Bledsoe) Doc has to be WILLING to go too. This is NOT self serving. Just the opposite! In NO WAY is this like Ray Allen who left us out to dry. Why is this hard to comprehend? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

That was not even closed to any of the versions reported.  It is not KG that demanded for Doc to be going with him, but it was Doc not sure he wants to come back, or Doc not sure he wants to coach a rebuilding teams, or Doc wants to coach CP, Doc telling Clippers this and that...

For us regular people to be able to comprehend, it should first have to have some basis of reality in it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In feb this trade was killed because KG would not waive his clause. Why will he waive it now? Doesn't take a rocket scientist.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Because he is willing to play where his family actually lives?  I am no rocket scienctist but the Clippers actually is a pretty good team and the Celtics is, oh well you know...  Those are a couple good reasons there.

And btw, you are saying that as a rocket scienctist, you would rather believe in some made up thing that you can think of than what are actually reported or said by Doc himself?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

O.k. that's one theory. I think he will play with Doc and Pierce or retire if he can't. He doesn't need the money. Happiness means more right now I would guess.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

What about the Denver proposal ? They have the 27th pick in this year's draft......Gallanari plus this yrs #1 and next yrs #1 - for KG , Celtics release Doc and he takes the Denver job.

Denver is at least as good as the Clippers and Denver is also a very nice city. 

What say you Fierce ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

What about the Denver proposal ? They have the 27th pick in this year's draft......Gallanari plus this yrs #1 and next yrs #1 - for KG , Celtics release Doc and he takes the Denver job.

Denver is at least as good as the Clippers and Denver is also a very nice city. 

What say you Fierce ?

Gallinari is ten times better than Jordan.  No way Denver would even consider it.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Only if his injury owe worse than reported.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

excerpt from Plaschke LA Times article.

" ...nothing with Donald Sterling is easy. This is an owner who has seemingly changed his cheap way of thinking in every area but his head coach. He's never truly valued his head coach. He doesn't think they make a difference. He will keep a coach employed to avoid paying him off (Mike Dunleavy). He'll hire a coach because some of his contract is being paid by a previous team (Vinny Del Negro)".

There's a big reason Clips have stunk for so long and now, with all the talent they have, still fall short. As much as posters here are aware of Doc's shortcomings, if you put him in a situation where he doesn't have to develop young players, has a talented lineup, and throw KG into the mix, the Clips would run deep into the playoffs and could pull it off, IMO.  But maybe Doc's gotten too strong a whiff of Sterlling now.
    If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button