Clippers postering

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Clippers posturing

I would love to see Sterling still at the helm for the start of the season. It's one thing to threaten not playing, but these guys have a love for all things retail. Need that bling! Plus not all of them are making CP3 $. Is he speaking for the entire team? If so, I'd like to see how long that loyalty lasts. I think Doc will hold true to his word. Not so sure about the players though. Though they might not have any choice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Clippers postering

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would love to see Sterling still at the helm for the start of the season. It's one thing to threaten not playing, but these guys have a love for all things retail. Need that bling! Plus not all of them are making CP3 $. Is he speaking for the entire team? If so, I'd like to see how long that loyalty lasts. I think Doc will hold true to his word. Not so sure about the players though. Though they might not have any choice.

[/QUOTE]

Doc has to go if Sterling stays.

Doc put the shiv into Sterling's back when the controversy first exploded, no doubt trying to enhance his own role as the indispensable one/franchise messiah whom new owners would need to rely on and pay accordlingly... with a brand spanking new contract. 

Self-promoting Doc showed zero loyalty to the guy paying his salary... and climbed way out on a limb.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Doc put the shiv into Sterling's back when the controversy first exploded, no doubt trying to enhance his own role as the indispensable one/franchise messiah whom new owners would need to rely on and pay accordlingly... with a brand spanking new contract. 

Self-promoting Doc showed zero loyalty to the guy paying his salary... and climbed way out on a limb.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Your Rondo bashing has always made you a Must Ignore, but this ridiculous.  Would you be loyal to a boss who effectively said that people like you are dirt?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

It looks like posturing to a get a free move to a more storied franchise in the same city!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

It looks like posturing to a get a free move to a more storied franchise in the same city!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Byron Scott - 4 year deal, 17 million - so much for that theory.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Doc sees an escape route from a team that won't win the chip.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's coaching the Cav's within two years, maybe even less.  LeBron's dream coach is Doc.  

Doc had a lot of pressure on him and is married to a white woman, so I think it hit home and can't blame him for going the route he went.  

That being said, Sterling's an easy target for a lot of reasons and the media mob wants to see him tarred and feathered for sure.  Who's next is the question because the silence police could pick anyone that gains traction.  This is our version of Caesar's Rome where Sterling would've been dropped into the middle of The Colosseum with a bunch of former and now broke NBA players, who would have gladly ripped him to shreds, to the delight of a frothing populace of idiots.  I wonder what Shaq has said in his more pathetic moments?  or you, or me?  should words strip us from from the lives we've built?  Wasn't Jerry Jones recorded drunk and saying some pretty off-color stuff by a couple of frat boys at a bar a couple of years ago?                   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Presuming to know (and second-guessing) what our GM will do as he attempts to restructure the Celts is one thing. It passes for sport.

But presuming to know what's in the hearts and minds of players and coaches on such an issue is at the very least over-reaching.

Picture reading what others claimed was in your  heart and mind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Presuming to know (and second-guessing) what our GM will do as he attempts to restructure the Celts is one thing. It passes for sport.

But presuming to know what's in the hearts and minds of players and coaches on such an issue is at the very least over-reaching.

Picture reading what others claimed was in your  heart and mind.

[/QUOTE]

They would likely be right on the money if they totally ignored what I was saying and focused laser-like on what I was doing.

Actions always speak much louder than words.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Of course it's posturing by the players. They're not going to give up their salaries and it's not as though Sterling's racism was a secret. He's done much worse in the past, beyond words.

Rivers will stay on with the Clippers too, claiming he "owes it to the guys" and the "blameless fans" to remain united in the face of trying circumstances. The money means more than anything else to them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

Doc can have any job he wants if he were to leave the Clippers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yeah Sterling is a sweetheart, and most of those jocks, especially the minority ones are into Bling

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Doc is an opportunist of the highest order. That being the proven truth, he DID make a statement about Sterling staying and him going but as long as it was based on honest feelings I have no problem with that stance. Sterling is clearly a racist clown and Doc has every right to draw any line in the sand he wishes. Now it's up to him to carry through and walk if Sterling somehow manages to hold on to the team. I can't imagine how, but that could happen.

The players are another issue entirely. They all chimed in and talked boycott. They'll look like the money grubbing tools they are if they DON'T walk if Sterling still owns the club. Let's see who has guts and the courage of their convictions and who doesn't. I doubt Sterling maintains control of the Clips but if he does, my $$ is on Doc walking and the spoiled clown players still playing to collect a paycheck.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doc is an opportunist of the highest order. That being the proven truth, he DID make a statement about Sterling staying and him going but as long as it was based on honest feelings I have no problem with that stance. Sterling is clearly a racist clown and Doc has every right to draw any line in the sand he wishes. Now it's up to him to carry through and walk if Sterling somehow manages to hold on to the team. I can't imagine how, but that could happen.

The players are another issue entirely. They all chimed in and talked boycott. They'll look like the money grubbing tools they are if they DON'T walk if Sterling still owns the club. Let's see who has guts and the courage of their convictions and who doesn't. I doubt Sterling maintains control of the Clips but if he does, my $$ is on Doc walking and the spoiled clown players still playing to collect a paycheck.

[/QUOTE]

All true but, coaches have less restrictive contracts than players and Doc could just spend any time of any NBA sanction of him walking as an analyst anyway. Doc is a total opportunist and poser. Either way this pans out Doc is doing an excellent job spinning himself. Doc is Phil Jackson without the coaching abilities.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

CP3 is a real motor mouth.  and dumber than a bag of hammers.  if he "boycotts" then he flushes 87 million bucks down the toilet.  he'd better shut his yapper and show up with bells on.  because he's not worth 87 million, maybe not even 60.  he's signed now well beyond what is tenure as an elite player will be based on his injury history and how most with his injury history tend to decline with time / get injured yet again

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doc can have any job he wants if he were to leave the Clippers.

[/QUOTE]

Not any job - DA would not hire him back this season - NOR - would the Spurs replace Pop! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Now it's up to him to carry through and walk if Sterling somehow manages to hold on to the team. I can't imagine how, but that could happen.

Long-term, I can't see Sterling holding onto the team either. The question is whether he'll still technically own the Clippers come pre-season, and I think that's highly probable. Courts don't resolve anything quickly and we're only two months away from NBA action. Even if the upcoming trial somehow goes fast, Sterling can appeal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

The players wont lose checks for refusing to inbound the ball and playing absolutely no defense until refs are forced to forfeit game, right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Will the NBA have the balls to fine the players for such a boycott? Fans would get their money back for sure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

They should all be wearing the same shirt over their jerseys and suits.

"Brotherhood"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Maybe they can get the opponent not to shoot a shot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can see Doc leaving.  It isn't just the players, but if the sponsors leave the Clippers are going to be in big trouble.  As I recall, this is what happened before.  This will force Sterling to reconsider owning the Clippers.  Without sponsors the Clippers will struggle and they probably would also lose season ticket holders.  It is going to be very interesting to see what happens.   I don't think that any of the current sponsors would want to have anything to do with Sterling.  I know that I wouldn't if I was one of them.   He is a senile racist that needs to forget about owning the Clippers.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I wouldn't be surprised to see Doc coaching LeBron  and Ray Allen in Cleveland.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised to see Doc coaching LeBron  and Ray Allen in Cleveland.

[/QUOTE]

Doc could force a trade to Clevland for Dave Blatt, Sterling would go along because Blatt makes about half as much as Rivers......This could happen 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Doc?

This is what Doc? has done;

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/08/clippers-audition-blatche.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/08/clippers-audition-blatche.html

The hard-capped Clippers can only offer the minimum to anyone they sign. Oden, who has six years of official experience, is the only one among the four named in Sedano’s report who could receive a multiyear contract from the team. One-year deals for the minimum salary only count against a team’s cap for the two-year veteran’s minimum, so that would allow the team to ink deals with Blatche, Bynum and Okafor, each of whom has a minimum salary that exceeds the roughly $1.149MM that the Clippers have left under their hard cap. The team has only 12 players on its roster, so it will have to add another player eventually to reach the 13-man regular season minimum.

Sections
Shortcuts