Clippers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Clippers

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Based on history, it is not really "alleged" anymore.  I can appreciate some who don't want to jump to conclusion on this particular incident but history is there, there is no denying that.  People are appalled by the comments whether it is proved to be made by Sterling or somebody else, can we at least agree on that?

[/QUOTE]

So there's no possibility that a conversation referring to bringing the Clips rival (Magic Johnson) into a Clippers home game was edited to turn that into a racial thing?

Again, I've always felt Sterling was old school racist but the timing and comments provided to a gossip show strike me as too presumptuous, so I'll defend his right to be considered innocent until proven otherwise despite his dirt-bag status as far as I'm concerned going back over a decade.

[/QUOTE]

If you read my previous post, I did not say that at all.  I am agreeing with your right to question whether this is authentic at this point in time.  But also I can understand the outrage of a lot of people based on Sterling history.  I think most people here are on the same page, I am trying to make a distinction between being sceptical with the words on the tape and the fact that Sterling is a racist.  Both statements can be true at the same time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I feel for the Clippers. No matter what happens on the court-they lose. If they win the games, whether they like it or not or care to admit it, they are winning for Sterling who thinks of the players on his team as if they were his field hands in his personal plantation. It's sickening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think they can make you sell a team because you are an ignorant racist, but he is one.

[/QUOTE]

I believe that the NBA could try to make him sell the team.  Everyone that I heard discussing this situation believe that the NBA owners and the commissioner could try to encourage him to sell the team.  Their is no place in our society for someone like him to be allowed to own a professional team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Listening to the whole thing, it was just sad. An old out-of-touch rich white guy showing how out of touch he is. Sad. But his lady-friend is a cold-hearted #####. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Overkill imo... the guy didnt break any law as far as I know...He has and has had black coaches, players and a GM.. lots of other things on the list to go along with his list of racist shortcomings..wasnt he also set to receive his 2nd lifetime award from the NAACP?? What a joke... would be nice to hear their cya explanation

Point is this.. just because you didnt like what the fool said in private to his prostitute gf is no reason people can manufacture their own crimes & punishments.. If fans, players, coaches, announcers are so outraged.. then dont coach the team, dont play for it, dont announce the games, dont buy Clipper jerseys and so on..

The Clippers wearing their shirts inside out with black socks means what?? A show of solidarity?? Give me a break.. its a token, feel good  gesture with no beef,,, Let due process take its course and thats the end of it.. boycott if you want, protest if you want... quit the team or refuse to coach it and refuse to accept the racists paychecks.. uh oh, we know thats not gonna happen... moral indignation only goes so far, right Clippers? .. theres an amount of $$ that allows you to rationalize it all away...right Clippers?

..and while youre at it, do the same for the racist, misogynistic (insert other adjectives) rappers out their belting out their hatred.. instead of fawning all over them for their autographs.. Include all the other racists, not just the old, rich, lizard looking white fool who's now an easy target to pile on ... why the hypocrisy...

My personal view is Sterling will be forced to divest himself from the CLippers... either via league rules or public pressure... I wont shed a tear for him when it happens...  The team will have a tough time signing new players if he stayed on board anyway... Hes always been a goofball owner with a horrible reputation in the NBA until the last couple years... when the Clippers finally resembled something akin to a decent nba team... Best he go and roll around somewhere with his billions... which may be his only true love in life

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

and what ever happen to the right to know someone is recording your phone conversation ... what, that doesn't apply in Cali or because of the personalities involved?  I wouldn't be surprised is she is charged for illegal taping of a personal conversation.

Sterling said the tape has been altered (???) by a disgruntled employee who said she'd get even ... who knows but should Magic Johnson being making statements so soon when he is hoping to buy the Lakers from the Buss Family if they don't get it together soon?

And LeBron could be meeting the Clips in the finals ... shouldn't he be fined for stirring the pot?

Lots of peeps speaking prematurely with their own interests at heart .... Hmmmm

[/QUOTE]

including you?????

[/QUOTE]

What self-serving interest do I have?

[/QUOTE]

you're feverishly defending a racist so you tell me. 

[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

His girlfriend is a golddigger who is getting revenge for being sued by the Sterlings. Noone cares about her setting him up.

Revealing this man's true self needed to happen. Snakes need to be exposed so they can be avoided.

This a story of two snakes fighting and some dirty laundry gets revealed in the process.

All the sympathy here for Sterling is surprising, though. He does not respect an entire group for irrational reasons.I thought posters here varied in opinions not levels of compassion. We should all desire for people show the same general compassion for fellow human beings. A healthy society demands compassion and respect.

When you own a public entity your private life matters.Your private life matters at any level. Drunk driving, gun ownership, making homemade bombs. You can do what you want, but you will be held accountable. Even Donald Sterling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

His girlfriend is a golddigger who is getting revenge for being sued by the Sterlings. Noone cares about her setting him up.

Revealing this man's true self needed to happen. Snakes need to be exposed so they can be avoided.

This a story of two snakes fighting and some dirty laundry gets revealed in the process.

All the sympathy here for Sterling is surprising, though. He does not respect an entire group for irrational reasons.I thought posters here varied in opinions not levels of compassion. We should all desire for people show the same general compassion for fellow human beings. A healthy society demands compassion and respect.

When you own a public entity your private life matters.Your private life matters at any level. Drunk driving, gun ownership, making homemade bombs. You can do what you want, but you will be held accountable. Even Donald Sterling.

[/QUOTE]

I really havent noticed much sympathy going Sterlings way..

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Well Karl, it is not overkill to want him out of the NBA.

It sounds like sympathy when anyone suggests he be shielded from public outrage and natural economic repercussions (Get out of the NBA!) for what he stands for (ANTI-BLACK AMERICAN) and anything that belongs to him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

It sounds like sympathy when anyone suggests he be shielded from public outrage and natural economic repercussions (Get out of the NBA!) for what he stands for (ANTI-BLACK AMERICAN) and anything that belongs to him.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly where did I attempt to shield him from public outrage.. Look at my posts on the subject, I encouraged protesting, not contributing to the Clippers economically, stop buying their jerseys n memorabilia etc , etc... My only beef is we live by laws and the NBA lives by its policies... do whatever you want to the guy within those guidelines but dont elevate his private thoughts to a flousie as something criminal... or something anything more than a viewpoint many consider wrong and insulting.. its not a crime to dislike blacks, whites, asians etc..  it may be ignorant, insensitive and antii humanitarian thinking,  but its not a crime. plenty of stupid people walking this earth..

... and Id like to understand the hypocrisy that allows other, more direct, in your face public racism, such as rappers, to go merrily on their way without anything near the outrage or repercussions this old geezer is getting.. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Not familiar with the rapping racists...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Look, what the guy said is terrible.  He needs to go.  He's needed to go for a long time.

I don't remember the same outrage, though, when the following 3 incidents happened:

Alonzo Highsmith's Dad (I don't want no white man representing my son)

Isiah Thomas (if Larry Bird was black, he'd be just another good guy)

and, of course, my personal favorite:

BRONZE Medal winning coach John Thompson ( I don't recruit no white boys to play for me!!)

As a white male, I am outraged by ALL these comments, including Sterlings!!

However, where were the Chris Webber's , Magics and MJ's of the world while the other 3 were going on?

It's disgusting, it's overt, it's all around us.  And, unfortunately, it's a double standard!!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Docs job choice skills rival his in game adjustments and overall coaching abilities.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I feel for the Clippers. No matter what happens on the court-they lose. If they win the games, whether they like it or not or care to admit it, they are winning for Sterling who thinks of the players on his team as if they were his field hands in his personal plantation. It's sickening.

[/QUOTE]

they always have the option to demand a trade, refuse the paycheck / refuse to play until traded on matter of principle, right, mmm?  but they won't.  just like the whites who play for jay z the racist's team don't say squat.  the nba doesn't say squat about jay z's "5%" crapola and the rest of his music videos that degrade women, blacks and whites.  so why jump on sterling and hump him to death for being an idiot?

back in reality, deanderthal jordan showed up with 0 points and 6 rebounds last game and they lost big.  flake griffin underachieved in game 4 with 5 or 6 rebounds and not enough points.  same old clip story as the last 4 or 5 years.  these supposed great young clowns are building their legacy of choking when it matters most.  if they throw the series because they are "upset" with "sterling" then they cement their legacy as massive losers in my book

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they always have the option to demand a trade, refuse the paycheck / refuse to play until traded on matter of principle, right, mmm?  but they won't.  just like the whites who play for jay z the racist's team don't say squat.  the nba doesn't say squat about jay z's "5%" crapola and the rest of his music videos that degrade women, blacks and whites.  so why jump on sterling and hump him to death for being an idiot?

back in reality, deanderthal jordan showed up with 0 points and 6 rebounds last game and they lost big.  flake griffin underachieved in game 4 with 5 or 6 rebounds and not enough points.  same old clip story as the last 4 or 5 years.  these supposed great young clowns are building their legacy of choking when it matters most.  if they throw the series because they are "upset" with "sterling" then they cement their legacy as massive losers in my book

[/QUOTE]

hes rich and white

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes, it is totalitarian overkill to force sterling to sell the clippers.  this was a dispute between sterling and his ho "girlfriend".  why doesn't anyone get up in arms about jay sleaZe's rap videos that treat women like low grade pieces of meat or his "5%" thing he's got going on?  how come no demands that Jay sleaZe get out of the league?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hes rich and white

[/QUOTE]

and there you have it.  meanwhile, larry johnson has THE SOLUTION- it's as old as time and been staring us in the face all along!!!  go back to segregation!!  so brilliant...........

http://nypost.com/2014/04/27/knicks-great-larry-johnson-calls-for-all-black-league/

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

How can a "smart" guy be this stupid.  Does he feel he speaks for other owners, or society in general or his social peers.   Sad tose .  Noone should want to play for him., unless they share his views.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Actually Mossad there are A wholes in almost every social group in the world, to ignore it would be equally racist, sexist, groupist or whatever I guess.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Can you tell me how you got your large font size to post. I have trouble reading the small type face and I can not Zoom it larger. Thanks 

Sterling is an idiot, the girlfriend is an idiot, and everyone is too damn sensitive. Basically this whole generation is a bunch of poooosays. 

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts