Clips Have More To Lose

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Clips Have More To Lose

In response to Fierce34's comment:

DeAndre Jordan still has 22.4m left on his contract.

KG only has the 12.4m guaranteed for next season.

If the Clips refuse to include Bledsoe in a trade for Pierce and KG, the Clips might end up losing CP3. Blake Griffin might be the only star player left on the Clips roster next season.

There are a lot of possible scenarios. 

Would the Lakers do a sign and trade with the Clips? 

Reports right now are saying the Lakers will not do a sign and trade with the Clips for DH12.

What the Clips should do is trade Blake Griffin, Caron, Bledose, Jordan, and Jamal or Willie Green for Pierce and KG.

Why?

Clips get Pierce then waive him so that the Clips will surely have cap space for DH12. No need for a sign and trade, just convince DH12 to join forces with CP3 and KG.

The Clips already used the amnesty on Ryan Gomes. As long as Jordan's contract is with the Clips, there's no way the Clips can go under the salary cap to go after DH12.

And who would want DeAndre Jordan who only shoots 40% from the FT line. Can't use Jordan late in the 4th qtr, that's for sure!

You are right but it won't happen. The Clippers may still cave.  The idea of sitting on Bledsoe is stupid considering C. Paul is the most important player to their future. Doc's desire to leave at all costs is amazing considering his past statements. What went wrong?  Did KG say he did not want to come back to Boston?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

When you think about it with Doc showing his true colors it is hard to see him coming back.  He may end up in the tv booth after all.  It will be very weird to see him back on the sidelines unless Pierce and KG come back. If they do he has a fall back position. If not I think Doc has left in what is a very smarmy way, after all the things said and nine years of history.  Sad.  Just because the Celtics were not going to be contenders.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Clips want  Bledsoe as a  fallback  plan  in case  CP3 leaves.  Getting Doc, KG, and maybe PP means CP3 stays.

I think this trade is happening in some shape or form now, meaning at least Doc and KG going and at least Jordan, Bledsoe, and one pick coming  to us.  Probably more involved, but not sure what.

With 2 capable PG's, this would make a R9R trade scenario more plausible next year after he has shown himself to be recovered from his ACL tear.

From a rumor to talks in progress to stalled talks to ???

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

If the Clips refuse to include Bledsoe in a trade for Pierce and KG, the Clips might end up losing CP3. Blake Griffin might be the only star player left on the Clips roster next season.

Reports right now are saying the Lakers will not do a sign and trade with the Clips for DH12.

What the Clips should do is trade Blake Griffin, Caron, Bledose, Jordan, and Jamal or Willie Green for Pierce and KG.

Why?

Clips get Pierce then waive him so that the Clips will surely have cap space for DH12. No need for a sign and trade, just convince DH12 to join forces with CP3 and KG.

The Clips already used the amnesty on Ryan Gomes. As long as Jordan's contract is with the Clips, there's no way the Clips can go under the salary cap to go after DH12.

And who would want DeAndre Jordan who only shoots 40% from the FT line. Can't use Jordan late in the 4th qtr, that's for sure!

=======================================

RE: And who would want DeAndre Jordan who only shoots 40% from the FT line. Can't use Jordan late in the 4th qtr, that's for sure!

I agree with you about Jordan. He is overpaid and, in my opinion, is a young version of Perk with single digit rebounds & scoring & a poor foul shooter. I'd like a center like Hibbert, Cousins, Howard, Gasol( a bit younger) and even Bogut who can give you 15-20 pts and 10+ rebounds. But get Blake Griffin for PP, yup we could live with Jordan. But Bledsoe too must be in the deal and he and Rondo could be the best PG duo in the game.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

100% correct - if the deal does not go through, and the Clips lose CP3, game, set, and match for the franchise. If the deal does not go through, the Cs are still re-building!

Name 1-other team that would take on Jordans contract and give back semi-equal value! KG is a culture changer!

All DA has to do is sit back - enjoy fathers day - and wait for the call from LA! If the phone doesn't ring - the team's direction is the same - rebuild!

Either way the Cs will position themselves for a shot at A. Wiggins next year! Wise move DA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The Clips will end up caving. No way they let all of it fall apart over Bledsoe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

We already know the Celts will not be contenders next season. But the Clips have a chance to be a championship team if they have DH12, CP3, and KG.

Guess we're expecting too much from the Clips. After all, they are the Clippers!

HAHAHA

DH12 will not make the clippers contenders, but more like pretenders. 

Siince you speak so highly of Doc and all the players that want to play for him, then how is that the Clippers then would have more to lose Fierce? 

By getting the great DOC wouldn't that mean they have more to gain....according to you

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think the Clips will eventually include Bledsoe.  They will have to take a gamble that by acquiring Doc, KG and possibly PP, CP3 would stay.

Fierce, your trade scenario is not favorable to the Clips.  They would not be instant contenders with CP3, DH12 and KG AND NOBODY ELSE.  You have them totally gutting their team even getting and waiving PP.  They would literally not have any other players around their big 3.  Also, KG would be no more effective there than he was in Boston.  He'd have to play restricted-minutes and he'd be less effective playing PF.  Also he is not athletic enough to play with those two for an extended period.

The Clips would be supremely foolish to trade all the players you suggest JUST to get Dwight.  It makes much more sense to sign KG (start him at center), sign a "waived" PP, re-sign CP3, Matt Barnes and Lamar Odom.

They would then have CP3, Jamal, PP, KG, Caron, Blake, Barnes and Odom for starters.  They could easily attract a back up center and any other player because they would have Doc and "it's in Los Angeles".

I think once they speak to someone in CP3's camp and get a "warm and fuzzy" about his status, they'll make the deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

I think the Clips will eventually include Bledsoe.  They will have to take a gamble that by acquiring Doc, KG and possibly PP, CP3 would stay.

Fierce, your trade scenario is not favorable to the Clips.  They would not be instant contenders with CP3, DH12 and KG AND NOBODY ELSE.  You have them totally gutting their team even getting and waiving PP.  They would literally not have any other players around their big 3.  Also, KG would be no more effective there than he was in Boston.  He'd have to play restricted-minutes and he'd be less effective playing PF.  Also he is not athletic enough to play with those two for an extended period.

The Clips would be supremely foolish to trade all the players you suggest JUST to get Dwight.  It makes much more sense to sign KG (start him at center), sign a "waived" PP, re-sign CP3, Matt Barnes and Lamar Odom.

They would then have CP3, Jamal, PP, KG, Caron, Blake, Barnes and Odom for starters.  They could easily attract a back up center and any other player because they would have Doc and "it's in Los Angeles".

I think once they speak to someone in CP3's camp and get a "warm and fuzzy" about his status, they'll make the deal.

I sure hope so. Just the thought of such said change is exciting Petey. I hope it gets done. Cs need a shot of new life, new ideas and youth......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Why?

=======================================

RE: And who would want DeAndre Jordan who only shoots 40% from the FT line. Can't use Jordan late in the 4th qtr, that's for sure!

I agree with you about Jordan. He is overpaid and, in my opinion, is a young version of Perk with single digit rebounds & scoring & a poor foul shooter. I'd like a center like Hibbert, Cousins, Howard, Gasol( a bit younger) and even Bogut who can give you 15-20 pts and 10+ rebounds. But get Blake Griffin for PP, yup we could live with Jordan. But Bledsoe too must be in the deal and he and Rondo could be the best PG duo in the game.

blake griffin for pp? how on earth could that ever happen?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

The Clippers always have more to lose-that is why they are the Clippers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

antiqueman1, it is exciting - all this hoopla about changing the Celtics, positive change IMO.  I, too, hope it gets done.  I'd love to see Rondo running with the floor with Bledsoe, Jordan and Jeff Green.  That's en extremely young core but it can develop into a great team in 3 years with a few added parts.

It's obvious this group is not "moving the Celtics forward".  Maybe developing a talented, young core will begin the transition back to relevance for the Celtics.

I can't wait to see the breaking news headline.  I hope it gets done.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Petey, your last sentence speaks volumes.. It will go down. It looks like the Celtics would want them to take Terry or Lee in the deal. I think a blockbuster is about to go down.

So let's fast forward to the 2 #1 picks we would have (our own and the Clips) I doubt they give up 2 #1s , Bledsoe and Jordan.

Rondo, Bledsoe, Green, Bass and Jordan. Off the bench...Sully, AB. I would like to see us package both #1s for Mayo or a shooter. A Rondo/Mayo, Bledsoe/Mayo, AB/Mayo backcourt would look good.

Ainge will have all types of options if this can get done. He can move both picks for a Millsap, Mayo or Josh Smith

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Petey, your last sentence speaks volumes.. It will go down. It looks like the Celtics would want them to take Terry or Lee in the deal. I think a blockbuster is about to go down.

So let's fast forward to the 2 #1 picks we would have (our own and the Clips) I doubt they give up 2 #1s , Bledsoe and Jordan.

Rondo, Bledsoe, Green, Bass and Jordan. Off the bench...Sully, AB. I would like to see us package both #1s for Mayo or a shooter. A Rondo/Mayo, Bledsoe/Mayo, AB/Mayo backcourt would look good.

Ainge will have all types of options if this can get done. He can move both picks for a Millsap, Mayo or Josh Smith

This thirty five win team you are talking about does not excite me at all. It is fun to overhaul a team but consider the likely outcome.  Not one of the players you mention here is a winner.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

concord, first off, in the Eastern Conference, a core with Rondo, Bledsoe, Green, Bass, Sully, Jordan, AB and possibly Mayo and a pick up or two will EASILY exceed 35 wins.  Again, in the EC, that team just might be a playoff team with 45 wins.

But then again, if that team were not to make the playoffs, it's well worth knowing they are developing something special rather than another year of late game isolations with PP and KG playing in 5 minute stints and a first round playoff exit.  I'd rather choose the former situation.

As for winners, many of these young players have not had time to "become" winners.   PP wasn't a "winner" until KG and Ray came on board.  Winning has alot to do with the situation, the players around you and the leadership.  Maybe it's time to re-create that in Boston.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts