Clips Now Contenders Because Of Doc?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Re: Clips Now Contenders Because Of Doc?

I don't hate doc but I dislike the way he has handled some situations within the organization.

I.e.:

1) Rajon Rondo (all the coddling while at the same time ignoring the sad reality of Rondo's game as a poor FT shooter and medium-long distance shotting skills).

2) the very poor rotations he uses during regular season and playoffs. I mean, give the veterans MORE rest. Let the younger players earn game experience and let the old legs rest. That alone probably would have helped us dispatch MIA in the last two series we had against them when we ran out of gas.

3) does't like to nurture younger players. If he wants to coach a veteran team, that is fine, but the celtics obviously have needed someone to develop the younger players and Doc just hasn't been that person...

And there's more, there's always more. No coach in the NBA is perfect, but heck, when you see coaches like Carlisle, Popovich or even Spoelstra in recent times, you gotta truly wonder about what Doc supposedly brings to this team that is so unique and irreplaceable.

My two cents.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to celticsfanmx's comment:

I don't hate doc but I dislike the way he has handled some situations within the organization.

I.e.:

1) Rajon Rondo (all the coddling while at the same time ignoring the sad reality of Rondo's game as a poor FT shooter and medium-long distance shotting skills).

2) the very poor rotations he uses during regular season and playoffs. I mean, give the veterans MORE rest. Let the younger players earn game experience and let the old legs rest. That alone probably would have helped us dispatch MIA in the last two series we had against them when we ran out of gas.

3) does't like to nurture younger players. If he wants to coach a veteran team, that is fine, but the celtics obviously have needed someone to develop the younger players and Doc just hasn't been that person...

And there's more, there's always more. No coach in the NBA is perfect, but heck, when you see coaches like Carlisle, Popovich or even Spoelstra in recent times, you gotta truly wonder about what Doc supposedly brings to this team that is so unique and irreplaceable.

My two cents.

I hated the way doc publically promised Leon a spot on the roster within hours after he went down in the PO's... and then..... didn't put his job on the line when DA threw Leon under the bus in the off season.

Doc was trying to keep morale at the time high with the emotionally charged promise.... and then after the smoke clears.... Powe is shown the door... w/o a word from doc.

Thats when you as coach go to DA, remind him of promises made and put everything on the line for your injured player. Doc caved... simply put.

UBUNTU dies a sad death. The rest is history.

Doc's ocean of empathy was 1,000 miles wide but 1 inch deep. Cheap, retail, loaded w/weasle words of little substance or sincerity. Glossy but empty.

And his handling of R9R was well below JVHS college semi-pro NBA coaching standards, bordering on professional malpractice.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

I.e.:

My two cents.

I hated the way doc publically promised Leon a spot on the roster within hours after he went down in the PO's... and then..... didn't put his job on the line when DA threw Leon under the bus in the off season.

Doc was trying to keep morale at the time high with the emotionally charged promise.... and then after the smoke clears.... Powe is shown the door... w/o a word from doc.

Thats when you as coach go to DA, remind him of promises made and put everything on the line for your injured player. Doc caved... simply put.

UBUNTU dies a sad death. The rest is history.

Doc's ocean of empathy was 1,000 miles wide but 1 inch deep. Cheap, retail, loaded w/weasle words of little substance or sincerity. Glossy but empty.

And his handling of R9R was well below JVHS college semi-pro NBA coaching standards, bordering on professional malpractice.

Pud

Agreed.

Another thing I dislike about Doc is how he bashes the team when they are not producing on the court. In other words: when players are so exhausted that they can't even make a shot for christ's sake. How about stop blaming your players for being exhausted and instead focus on controlling their minutes BETTER! No wonder Ray Allen left, and no wonder he was looking AWESOME during the finals. Why? Because, for a change, he was left WIDE open and had space to shoot and attack the rim with penetrations, while doc wanted him to go run through screen, after screen, after screen... well, you get the idea.

And no, I am no expert in basketball, but come on, many of those things should be considered plain common sense. Yes, just like what cost Popovich and the Spurs the title: common sense. I.e. DON'T remove your best player from the game when you will need a rebound to win while MIA has a big man in the paint.

And then again, you can call me hater or fool, but I don't see how you can deny what I have written about Doc. Not saying he is a crappy coach, but I do believe that he wasn't the right coach for this team anymore. He needs a team filled with veteran stars that he can play with without worrying about giving them some rest or adapt to different, more challengin circumstances (something that popovich does very well).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

For all you guys still crying over traitor Doc, here's

a couple things you can do, either get over it because he's gone, or go with him. I can't believe so many so called Celtic fans are still trying to take up for this clown!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

If you thought Doc kissed up to Rondo, it's going to be worse with CP3. At least Doc will be working with a PG who doesn't have a attitude problem.

nobody seems to realize the reverse-magic doc has with young bigs, and some not so young.  under his tenure, jerLame o'neal, although injured, underachieved because of the script doc handed him.  glen davis was driven out of town in favor of brandon bass who had one halfway decent season and then was given an edict from doc to never post up again = a vote of no confidence in his game and boy it really showed.

others who were wallflowers under doc / did NOT stick around- semih erden, the russian who was in the perkins trade. 

the biggest issue for the clappers is the light and fluffy demeanor of the two front court bimbos griffin and jordan as compared to their actual achievment record when the chips are down which is zilch.  doc stands to improve upon none of that. 

unless he gets a big man coach to carry the water for him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

No wonder Ray Allen left, and no wonder he was looking AWESOME during the finals. Why? Because, for a change, he was left WIDE open and had space to shoot and attack the rim with penetrations, while doc wanted him to go run through screen, after screen, after screen... well, you get the idea.

And no, I am no expert in basketball, but come on, many of those things should be considered plain common sense. Yes, just like what cost Popovich and the Spurs the title: common sense. I.e. DON'T remove your best player from the game when you will need a rebound to win while MIA has a big man in the paint.

And then again, you can call me hater or fool, but I don't see how you can deny what I have written about Doc.

If coaching would be as simple as it appears on the couch in front of the TV, they would not pay the coaches millions.

In your opinion: Doc is a horrible coach, and Pops is a bad coach.

Let me ask two questions:

1)What if Pops would have left his normal game plan, and stayed with Duncan. If Ray would have drilled an open three with the first shoot, cause Duncan could not have stayed attached with a shooter...Would Pops also be a bad coach in your mind?

2) Ray is 37 years old and slow as a snail. How is he supposed to get open? a) Creating by himself? b) Or from guys driving and drawing double teams? c) Running around screen, after screen, after screen...

--> In Miami it was b), simple! In the finals there were no double teams for James --> only low total points by Ray, even though he played great.

--> For the C's b) is not an option, as the C's needed offense and didn't had guys drawing double teams (but had Perk and Ray drawing "zero teams"). As a) is also not an option, cause Ray is old, Doc only could use c). Bad coaching? No, it was the only way under this circumstances.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

The Clippers' acquisition of Rivers apparently elevated Los Angeles' status as a preseason championship contender.

The Clippers moved from 15-to-1 odds to win the NBA championship next season to 10-to-1, according to R.J. Bell, founder of PreGame.com.

Only the Miami Heat (3-to-1) and Oklahoma City Thunder (7-to-1) are given better odds of winning the title next season. The Spurs are also 10-to-1.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9418238/contract-wording-holds-doc-rivers-deal-los-angeles-clippers-sources-say

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

The Clippers' acquisition of Rivers apparently elevated Los Angeles' status as a preseason championship contender.

The Clippers moved from 15-to-1 odds to win the NBA championship next season to 10-to-1, according to R.J. Bell, founder of PreGame.com.

Only the Miami Heat (3-to-1) and Oklahoma City Thunder (7-to-1) are given better odds of winning the title next season. The Spurs are also 10-to-1.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9418238/contract-wording-holds-doc-rivers-deal-los-angeles-clippers-sources-say

Wow.... quick dividends for the Clips, and doc hasn't even shown up in LA yet.

With docs leaving, the Cs odds of winning next season no doubt improved too.

Pud

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Sources say the Clips were 15:1 cause Vegas was betting CP wasnt staying put...

With the likelihood CP is staying in LA, the odds increased to 5:1 but with the simultaneous event  that DOc will be the coach, the odds adjusted back down to 10:1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Sources say the Clips were 15:1 cause Vegas was betting CP wasnt staying put...

Interesting, can you provide as a link to your source?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Darrylfries, interesting point you're implying.  Elaborating on it a bit, if we keep both PP and KG (and KG doesn't retire), would their trade value, individually or together be greater at the trade deadlines as pieces for contenders, then it is now?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

If you thought Doc kissed up to Rondo, it's going to be worse with CP3. At least Doc will be working with a PG who doesn't have a attitude problem.

"Doesn't have an attitude problem"?  Any player, a free agent no less, who whines about what coach he will or won't play for has serious attitudinal challenges, although the challenges are for those around the player.  Chris Paul is a flopping prima dona and seeing that junk every game is going to make Doc long for his time in Boston where that stuff is minimal (not zero, but less than the Miami Floppers and many other teams).   Paul's flops hurt his team because they're usually so obvious; the refs just ingore him and the team is then playing 4 on 5 with Paul lying and lying on the floor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeRG5qHIxJ0

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts