Clips Score 137

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Clips Score 137

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Clips beat the Rockets 137-118.

Clips 3-1 after 4 games and they lead the NBA in scoring with an average of 119 ppg.

Looks like the Clippers are finally contenders under Doc.

[/QUOTE]

Clips ranked 1st in scoring... and dead last in defense.

And fungus thinks that's a winning combo???

Don't be sad, fungus.

Even a clown knows better.

Pud 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I really thought Doc emphasised defense.  I thought houston was supposed to be one of the favorites in the west it's still too early.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Rockets are way overrated, starting with Dwight Howard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

3-1 record and #1 in the west is way better than 0-4, right?

After all, basketball is not like soccer where you can win with a 1-0 score.

In basketball, you have to score points to win.

All defense will make you a very good team, but it will not make you a great team.

Just look at the champion Celtics of 2008, they averaged 100.5 ppg and only allowed 90.3 ppg.

It resulted in a championship.

Sure the Clips are last in points allowed, but they're outscoring their opponents by an average of 6.5 ppg.

[/QUOTE]

Your loyalty to the Celtic brand is eclipsed only by doc's loyalty to same.... none. 

If you intend to squall all season about how lucky the Clips are to have doc, and I anticipate that you do, stop disrespecting/hiding behind your avatar of the iconic, intensely loyal Larry Bird... and use the sad clown avatar instead.

It fits you far, far better.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

3-1 record and #1 in the west is way better than 0-4, right?

After all, basketball is not like soccer where you can win with a 1-0 score.

In basketball, you have to score points to win.

All defense will make you a very good team, but it will not make you a great team.

Just look at the champion Celtics of 2008, they averaged 100.5 ppg and only allowed 90.3 ppg.

It resulted in a championship.

Sure the Clips are last in points allowed, but they're outscoring their opponents by an average of 6.5 ppg.

Your loyalty to the Celtic brand is eclipsed only by doc's loyalty to same.... none. 

If you intend to squall all season about how lucky the Clips are to have doc, and I anticipate that you do, stop disrespecting/hiding behind your avatar of the iconic, intensely loyal Larry Bird... and use the sad clown avatar instead.

It fits you far, far better.

Pud

If I had spent the last seven years bashing Doc, I would want to avoid any evidence that demonstrated I never knew what I was talking about.

I'm sure the guy that said the titantic was unsinkable didn't walk to talk about anything but the new boat too. 

Move on everyone, Pud, isn't interested in evaluating the accuracy of anything he has ever said. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Houston should have sent in their worst subs and fouled DeAndre Jordan on every play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Move on everyone, Pud, isn't interested in evaluating the accuracy of anything he has ever said. 

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you evaluate it for me.... and I've been here just shy of 4 years.

And my avatar fits me perfectly.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc - Thibs/KG = no clue how to coach defense

The Clips are the Nash/D'Antoni led Phoenix Suns reincarnated.... great show, high flying, high scoring... until it counts..

Clippers have incredible talent on their roster and it will amount to not much come playoff time.

As far as comparing their record to the C's...who in their right mind is expecting a competition?? THis is one reason Doc fled Boston because he cant coach with a team full of HOFers... imagine how exposed he'd be with a team full youngsters & journeymen

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

Remember Orlando of 1999-2000?

Darrell Armstrong was the best player on that Magic team that finished 41-41.

Doc won coach of the year that season.

[/QUOTE]

This is quite a stretch. I barely remember.

In 2000 a young and hungry doc rivers wins COY. 1st year coaching... and he hits his pinnacle.

Since then...... he's been "resting on his laurels" to put it politely.

Pud

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In 2000 a young and hungry doc rivers wins COY. 1st year coaching... and he hits his pinnacle.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Not true.

Doc then won a championship with the Celtics in 2008.

Come on, even Phil Jackson and Popovich couldn't get to the Finals without great players.

Mike Brown for example.

He's the only coach to have coached both Lebron and Kobe.

But he failed to win a championship with both superstars.

Mike D'Antoni had 3 All-Stars in Phoenix, back in the mid-2000s, and he couldn't even get to the Finals.

Tom Thibodeau had the MVP, D. Rose, the best record in the league, in 2011, won coach of the year, and his Bulls didn't even reach the Finals that season.

Not all coaches who won coach of the year has a ring.

[/QUOTE]

Doc got fat and lazy... parlaying a 2000 COY (aka NBA Fresh Face Coaching Award for 2000) and riding the Big Three (into the ground) into being the highest paid coach in the league.

Perhaps I would feel differently about him is he had connected when he took that swing at f-bombing Rondo... but he didn't.... and the rest is Hx.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Aww.  Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Doc is over-rated and over-paid.  With the Vets and talent, Doc is perfect for the Clips.  I'm sure they will do well, but not Championship contenders.  

I'm just thankful he is not the coach for the Cs.  IMO Brad Stevens represents a new coaching dynamic using both modern technology and adaptable game strategy (unlike Doc).  His experience from Butler and proven ability to develop and incorporate young players into a flexible old school team system will accelerate our rebuilding timeframe.   

Ironically, given the need to showcase certain players for trade and fast track the individual development of others, I don't think we'll see Brad's REAL "system" until next year.  

This is IMO a "throw-away" year in terms of team performance.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Yea, Doc won COY that season but..his team didnt even make the playoffs... talk about diluting the value of the award...  a few years later he got fired...

Now hes making a fool of himself imo scouting out parade roots & demanding the Laker banners be covered... sophmoric things a youth coach might do to feign confidence with starry eyed youngsters...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Yea, Doc won COY that season but..his team didnt even make the playoffs... talk about diluting the value of the award...  a few years later he got fired...

Now hes making a fool of himself imo scouting out parade roots & demanding the Laker banners be covered... sophmoric things a youth coach might do to feign confidence with starry eyed youngsters...

[/QUOTE]

Last  place defensive teams don't win. the rings,¥regardless .of what some posters Keep saying. I would like to know a team that was last in defense and one a title .  Shouldn't take long to call that roll.  Maybe it has happened but not again.

ship

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the clips will blow up hard this year, again.

flake griffing is not a prime time player.  he folds like a cheap tent in the playoffs every year.  doc is not a big man's coach.  who IS the big man coach in clipperland?

speaking of wilting big men- deanderthal jordan- he sees griffin's playoff fade and raises you one complete collapse- each and every year.  these guys are young- i guess, but to have no idea how to perform when the going gets tough is troubling.

if doc manages to get "something more" out of them then i'd be the first to congratulate him but three years in a row now griffin comes weak, jordan comes weaker in the playoffs and the clips are once again paper clips each time.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im confident this years Clippers team strategy from Doc is..."do what CP tells you out there on the court... now lets go get'm  UBUNTU!!... Hey Alvin, find out if Coleen Domingez is interviewing me between quarters, I wanna look good"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

+1 ... His caring about the Celtics getting back to being a contender and only being realistic is getting to be insincere trollish behavior.

Trollish behavior?

You really are crazy.

I mean you call me names, you insult me, and you even accuse me of being an Indian call center agent.

Who's behaving like a troll?

Fierce - we dont agree on every post, BUT, I find you to be the most knoweldgeable person on this board! Evidence to support the assertion above can be found in historical posts!

Who is right 100% of the time, when making predictions? I certainly was wrong about Fab, BUT, enjoyed the posts none the less!

Regarding nationality, we are all citizens of planet Earth! The sooner we all realize this the better off we will be!