Clock is ticking...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Clock is ticking...

...on filling those 3 open spots.

The Heat will wait until the last possible moment to annouce if they've signed/released anyone because they know the C's have open spots.

All the other contending teams have to scramble if they have 15 contracted players and deciding whom to release in order to sign a guy by the 3/1 deadline.

THIS IS WHY AINGE created the 3 spots for all those upset about trading Erden and Luke. His work was done last week and now all he has to do is decide who to sign.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Clock is ticking...

Danny is pretty sharp.....let's see how this unfolds.....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Yeah right.  Ainge needed to have 3 open spots so the Heat will have hard time cutting their 15th player on their rosters.  Much ado about nothing.  Even Murphy will have hard time getting minutes on this team comes playoff.  We tend to overanalyzed and getting worked up too much about things.  To me, it's more salary dumps that they don't have to renew and pay for more next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Clock is ticking...:
    [QUOTE]Yeah right.  Ainge needed to have 3 open spots so the Heat will have hard time cutting their 15th player on their rosters.  Much ado about nothing.  Even Murphy will have hard time getting minutes on this team comes playoff.  We tend to overanalyzed and getting worked up too much about things.  To me, it's more salary dumps that they don't have to renew and pay for more next year.
    Posted by scubber[/QUOTE]

If the C's can play defense and stop the Heat/Magic/Bulls from picking up a guy, why not. Who cares if they cut the 15th guy. They are looking for someone to put into the rotation. So yes the C's do play good defense. :-)

Murphy will play on this team. The reason being is he's a big who can shoot the 3 and extend the floor. That is someone we don't have from a big. Doc wants the lane clear so Rondo can do work but right now we have a lot of bigs that clog the lane in Shaq, Krstic, KG, JON and BBD.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Danny is pretty sharp.....let's see how this unfolds.....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your hero. There will never be another trio like Willie, Micky, and the Duke!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I guess we need a big man to spread the floor for a few minutes a game in the playoff.  Seriously, you make a good point, but again, this is much ado about nothing.  In most games, it will come down to the last few minutes, and our big 3/4 need to execute down the stretch to win against all these good teams.  It's fun to get caught up with little minutia, but I don't think Ainge open up 3 roster spots for all this drama.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

scubber, but not everything is geared towards the playoffs. We have to take the journey first and the journey is getting through the reg season with the #1 seed is the goal right now. Once that happens then Doc can shorten his rotation and if anyone is cut out the rotation if Murphy is signed. That's Krstic, JON, Wafer and the 2nd and 3rd guy that's signed with the open spots. I believe Murphy would be part of the rotation with Shaq, KG, BBD and Murphy. It would include Krstic if we play Orlando against Howard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Not disagreeing with what you are saying which are all good points.  Just disagreeing with the fact that Ainge has to open 3 roster spots to get all this attention and drama.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

What should he have done? He got a draft pick from Cleveland for Luke and Semih.

If he had 15 contracts today and Murphy became available who and how many players does he release to pay Murphy or any other player??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Don't you need just 1 spot?  You can also cut someone to open up a roster spot if you have to.  I guess I can't complain if he gets Murphy and another vet or two that can help.  Let's see what he does.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

He was betting that the deal that the Cavs had to obtain Rip and buy him out was going to happen. It didn't happen...that's one spot he wanted. The other is Murphy.

I believe the plan was to make room for Rip and Murphy.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I can see waving 3rd or 4th tier player if someone good comes along and is willing to agree to come here.  Give young players away for nothing in hope of getting someone from the waiver wire that will marginally crack the 7-8 man rotation does not make sense to me (let alone 3 players that could).  I know these are not great players but one of these days we will give away good young players that could blossom with our habit of throwing away all our late first and second round players every year.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

How dissapointing!  Maybe we can pick up Arroyo and Magliore? :)

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

This day is more stressful than the trading deadline...  Can't take much more of this...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

If Ainge let's Miami win in the Murphy bidding war then this will go down as the biggest blunder in Danny's GM Career. Unless he has his eyes on someone else that we don't know about. But everything I have read said Murphy was the best option out there.  Wow..Miami does nothing in advance and still wins the prize? Danny will look like a complete fool on this, so I hope this is wrong.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]If Ainge let's Miami win in the Murphy bidding war then this will go down as the biggest blunder in Danny's GM Career. Unless he has his eyes on someone else that we don't know about. But everything I have read said Murphy was the best option out there.  Wow..Miami does nothing in advance and still wins the prize? Danny will look like a complete fool on this, so I hope this is wrong.
    Posted by paulbrr7[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but at least Danny has the stones to make the moves.

He does what he thinks is right for the team but no-one has a crystal ball.

These forums have a lot of entertainment value for all the posts lunch-buckets who think they know more BBall than Danny.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Bibby would be great to back up Rondo but probably Bibby does not want to take a seat....Murphy is out there for one reason....cause he's not that good....I say go after Sheed.....he's proven and will come in when necessary!  Come on Danny and call the Sheed.................................!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Is there anyone here that feels that we've been short-handed trading Perk??

I do like Green, but don't know anything about Krstic and can't figure out since last week as to why Ainge traded Perk since he is only 26 yrs old??? I thought we were going to have Perk long term. He was the future of the Celts with Rondo as a defender and board pounder was he not?

Isn't Perk one of the top 5 premier centers in the NBA?

Did Danny make a good move or not? I hope we get a big (6'9'' or 6'11'' player) buyout player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Is there anyone here that feels that we've been short-handed trading Perk?? I do like Green, but don't know anything about Krstic and can't figure out since last week as to why Ainge traded Perk since he is only 26 yrs old??? I thought we were going to have Perk long term. He was the future of the Celts with Rondo as a defender and board pounder was he not? Isn't Perk one of the top 5 premier centers in the NBA? Did Danny make a good move or not? I hope we get a big (6'9'' or 6'11'' player) buyout player.
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

No Perk is not one of the time 5 premier centers in the league.  Why expose that level of ignorance?  Here are just a few of the centers that are better just in the east - Howard, Bogut, Lopez, Noah, Stoudamire, McGee, Horford, Bargnani, Krstic... and here are some in the west - Okafor, Chandler, Kaman, Bynum, both Gasols, the other Lopez, etc.

Put your index finger on your upper eyelid and your ring finger on your lower eyelid - now with your index finger pull up and with your ring finger pull down - your eyes are now open...... stop hitting snooze wake up, the coffee is ready....... you have been awakened.

Top 5 premier centers in the league?  When all three were healthy - he was the third best on his own team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Oh boy some are still mourning the loss of Perk. I will explain Ainge's thinking again.

Ainge approached Perk a few weeks ago with a contract and Perk balked. Ainge knew Quis would be out for the year and he needed a backup SF. So he looks around the East and sees only one big and that's Howard. He has Shaq, KG, BBD and perhaps JON. He only had one SF and that's PP. So he gave size to the Thunder to help them matchup with the Lakers and took backup Green a backup SF to help cover Deng, Melo and James. He got another big in Krstic, Green and a #1 pick. So to clear a few more roster spots to further strengthen the entire roster he moved Luke and Erden for a pick. He really wanted the free spots for guys that are bought out. I think he wanted Rip and Murphy in a perfect world. Rip may not happen but Murphy may get done.

Overall it was a decision that had to be made and it was a good decision.

Sections
Shortcuts