Clock is ticking...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Clock is ticking...

Bibby just signed with Miami, and Murphy is going to soon. Once he sees that Bibby signed, he'll sign, too.   Why did people think either of these two would chose Boston over Miami?  

This one is on Ainge.  I get that we can argue his motivations, but this move will prove to be the beginning of the end for this season.  Ainge is about to discover that this was a major, major gaffe.  You don't make that deal without some type of contingency plan, and he's got none.  Kristic and Green are it.  And it's hugely underwhelming.

All we can do is support this team, but if I were any of the players right now, I'd be real, real angry with Danny.  And no, it's not just a business.  That's just a tag line given to placate the remaining teammates and fans.  Rondo's pi**ed right now, and he should be. 

In two seasons, this move might look a bit better.  Right now, it's gonna cost Boston a shot at a banner. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Bias---you've got some really good points, but Green cannot guard Deng.  It also assumes Boston will be there with the Bulls, Heat, or Knicks. 

I get why Danny did it; I even get why people can look at it as a positive.  I'm just not feeling it, and frankly, I rarely criticize this team or its

I hope in two months' time I can laugh about it, but I doubt it.  JON is done.  Shaq might give this team 18-24 minutes.  Kristic?  Lol.  He's got skillet hands; imagine what any big in the east is going to do to him come playoff time. 

This entire deal is hinged on Green being able to step up with a team that's gelled together largely because of the man they just dealt.  I feel bad for Green, because the expectations on him are huge right now.  Hope I'm wrong...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Clock is ticking...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clock is ticking... : No Perk is not one of the time 5 premier centers in the league.  Why expose that level of ignorance?  Here are just a few of the centers that are better just in the east - Howard, Bogut, Lopez, Noah, Stoudamire, McGee, Horford, Bargnani, Krstic... and here are some in the west - Okafor, Chandler, Kaman, Bynum, both Gasols, the other Lopez, etc. Put your index finger on your upper eyelid and your ring finger on your lower eyelid - now with your index finger pull up and with your ring finger pull down - your eyes are now open...... stop hitting snooze wake up, the coffee is ready....... you have been awakened. Top 5 premier centers in the league?  When all three were healthy - he was the third best on his own team.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I guess that makes OKC GM the dumbest GM in the NBA.  He gave up Green, Kristic, who you say is better, and a number one pick for Perks.  Nate was throw in.  Wow you should go to work for the Thunder since you know so much more.  Some one else I know should quit hitting the snooze.  The only thing I am saying is Perk is very good defense, not many better, but you just want to take everything away from him.  Kristic is better offensively no doubt, not on defense though.  Remains to be seen if were better. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Looks like everyone would rather take their talents to South Beach.... Danny its not looking too good

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

[QUOTE]If Ainge let's Miami win in the Murphy bidding war then this will go down as the biggest blunder in Danny's GM Career. Unless he has his eyes on someone else that we don't know about. But everything I have read said Murphy was the best option out there.  Wow..Miami does nothing in advance and still wins the prize? Danny will look like a complete fool on this, so I hope this is wrong.
    Posted by paulbrr7[/QUOTE]

What bidding war?  Both Boston and Miami are over the salary cap and have used their mid-level exception.   Neither team can offer Murphy more than the veteran's minimum (about $1.1 million). 

Murphy's decision will therefore come down to: 1) which team has a better chance to win it all, 2) on which team is he likely to get more playing time, and 3) where does he (and his wife, if he's married) want to live.

Obviously Murphy had already given these matters some thought prior to agreeing to a buy-out.  As of a couple of days ago, his preference appears to have been Boston.  There is nothing that Miami could have offered him that would have been a financial inducement.  Therefore, it's hard to see why he would have changed his mind (assuming the story regarding his preference for Boston was true).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Well let's take a closer look.  1 a toss up at this point for this year. Miami might look good for future years. 2 most likely Miami with current personnel of both teams.  3 most likely South Beach over Boston.  Another factor might be who is willing to commit to signing him to a good long term contract after the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clock is ticking... : I guess that makes OKC GM the dumbest GM in the NBA.  He gave up Green, Kristic, who you say is better, and a number one pick for Perks.  Nate was throw in.  Wow you should go to work for the Thunder since you know so much more.  Some one else I know should quit hitting the snooze.  The only thing I am saying is Perk is very good defense, not many better, but you just want to take everything away from him.  Kristic is better offensively no doubt, not on defense though.  Remains to be seen if were better. 
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Just give yourself some seconds to breathe and attempt to think that Perk's expiring contract may provide OKC some value.  Attempt to think that perhaps the GM is making a mistake.  As you probably know at this stage, and as we have been sold by Danny, the sky is the limit and that these guys are perennial all-stars and while Perk and Big Al have never even gotten a sniff at an all-star game, some GMs think that if they can get a good BIG then their ship has come in.  I honestly believe that Perk was not even the best center in the trade and still ends up the second best center on either squad - I'll take Shaq or Ibaka over Perk and I will gladly take Krstic.  Try to wrap you tiny brain around this - Perk was not even one of the top 10 guys to be traded at the trading deadline.

As you go forward try to make at least a subtle attempt to consider the following.  Do not put qualifiers on your statements.  So for example, do not say "Perk is very good defense", there are two ends of the floor and Perk is a gigantic liability at one end and his scowl and arrogance and embarrassment at one end does not make up for being overrated at the other end.  Go back and look at some of the stats of the last handful of games against Howard where Howard embarrassed him off the floor.

One of the things that people lose sight of and cannot or do not want to grasp goes something like this "if you say it enough it is true".  So if you keep telling yourself that Perk is one of the best centers in the league and then qualify it by saying defensive-center then it must be true.  The reality is that there are any numbrer of centers in the league who could step in for Perk and the Cs will be no worse off and we will see that as we go forward.  I had some left over lasagna for lunch today - it had pepperoni and hamburger in it.  It was the best left over hamburger and pepperonit lasagna I had today.  See if you put enough qualifiers on it, it becomes whatever you want it to be.

Perk will go down with the all time greats - Dampier, Cartwright, Krstic, Longley, Diop, Montross, Mohammed, and a whole bunch of others, etc.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clock is ticking... : I guess that makes OKC GM the dumbest GM in the NBA.  He gave up Green, Kristic, who you say is better, and a number one pick for Perks.  Nate was throw in.  Wow you should go to work for the Thunder since you know so much more.  Some one else I know should quit hitting the snooze.  The only thing I am saying is Perk is very good defense, not many better, but you just want to take everything away from him.  Kristic is better offensively no doubt, not on defense though.  Remains to be seen if were better. 

The dud is a racist and has been proven to be one of the most miserable and ignorant posters in the history of this forum. Simple stats and facts show his negative vendettas' vs. players in green to be a shameful and sad sideshow of hate

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clock is ticking... : Just give yourself some seconds to breathe and attempt to think that Perk's expiring contract may provide OKC some value.  Attempt to think that perhaps the GM is making a mistake.  As you probably know at this stage, and as we have been sold by Danny, the sky is the limit and that these guys are perennial all-stars and while Perk and Big Al have never even gotten a sniff at an all-star game, some GMs think that if they can get a good BIG then their ship has come in.  I honestly believe that Perk was not even the best center in the trade and still ends up the second best center on either squad - I'll take Shaq or Ibaka over Perk and I will gladly take Krstic.  Try to wrap you tiny brain around this - Perk was not even one of the top 10 guys to be traded at the trading deadline. As you go forward try to make at least a subtle attempt to consider the following.  Do not put qualifiers on your statements.  So for example, do not say "Perk is very good defense", there are two ends of the floor and Perk is a gigantic liability at one end and his scowl and arrogance and embarrassment at one end does not make up for being overrated at the other end.  Go back and look at some of the stats of the last handful of games against Howard where Howard embarrassed him off the floor. One of the things that people lose sight of and cannot or do not want to grasp goes something like this "if you say it enough it is true".  So if you keep telling yourself that Perk is one of the best centers in the league and then qualify it by saying defensive-center then it must be true.  The reality is that there are any numbrer of centers in the league who could step in for Perk and the Cs will be no worse off and we will see that as we go forward.  I had some left over lasagna for lunch today - it had pepperoni and hamburger in it.  It was the best left over hamburger and pepperonit lasagna I had today.  See if you put enough qualifiers on it, it becomes whatever you want it to be. Perk will go down with the all time greats - Dampier, Cartwright, Krstic, Longley, Diop, Montross, Mohammed, and a whole bunch of others, etc.  

Well I will save everyone a essay.  Try to wrap you tiny little brain around the thought that you actually don't know as much as you think you do. As usual no one said Perk was a all time great.  YOU always mention that, no one else.  Slow down on the red bull and try one time just to THINK.  I know its hard for you but try anyway.  Funny how Jefferson pretty much did what he wanted tonight.  Don't remembe him doing that on Perkins. Lets don't give Perk any credit for that. Now get that tiny little brain going again and listen.  I was not against the trade. Don't know if I was for it either.  I think we will be still be good. Remains to be seen how good.  I let Ainge make those decisions.  One thing I know, the two guys you like to rag on Perkins and Jefferson netted us KG, Green, Kristic, and a number 1 pick. Must not be so bad huh.  Rest that pea brain on that a while.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clock is ticking... : Well I will save everyone a essay.  Try to wrap you tiny little brain around the thought that you actually don't know as much as you think you do. As usual no one said Perk was a all time great.  YOU always mention that, no one else.  Slow down on the red bull and try one time just to THINK.  I know its hard for you but try anyway.  Funny how Jefferson pretty much did what he wanted tonight.  Don't remembe him doing that on Perkins. Lets don't give Perk any credit for that. Now get that tiny little brain going again and listen.  I was not against the trade. Don't know if I was for it either.  I think we will be still be good. Remains to be seen how good.  I let Ainge make those decisions.  One thing I know, the two guys you like to rag on Perkins and Jefferson netted us KG, Green, Kristic, and a number 1 pick. Must not be so bad huh.  Rest that pea brain on that a while.

I usually like my eggs as an omellete, asparagus, cheese, onions, etc. but I don't usually have my eggs scrambled like your brain..... the following got Ray Allen and KG....... Wally S's and Theo Ratliff's expiring contracts.  Without them neither deal gets done, all of the players involved were essentially throw ins.

Perkins is a journeyman who was overpaid and only as a result of including Green in the trade was it necessary to include Nate.  The first round pick will be in the 20s and as Danny has proven will be largely irrelevant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]How dissapointing!  Maybe we can pick up Arroyo and Magliore? :)
    Posted by scubber[/QUOTE]

why?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clock is ticking... : No Perk is not one of the time 5 premier centers in the league.  Why expose that level of ignorance?  Here are just a few of the centers that are better just in the east - Howard, Bogut, Lopez, Noah, Stoudamire, McGee, Horford, Bargnani, Krstic... and here are some in the west - Okafor, Chandler, Kaman, Bynum, both Gasols, the other Lopez, etc. Put your index finger on your upper eyelid and your ring finger on your lower eyelid - now with your index finger pull up and with your ring finger pull down - your eyes are now open...... stop hitting snooze wake up, the coffee is ready....... you have been awakened. Top 5 premier centers in the league?  When all three were healthy - he was the third best on his own team.
    Wow dudder made a post w/o knocking Rondo.How`d youlike his 18&11 tonight. What about the clutch jump shot down the stretch?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Bibby just signed with Miami, and Murphy is going to soon. Once he sees that Bibby signed, he'll sign, too.   Why did people think either of these two would chose Boston over Miami?   This one is on Ainge.  I get that we can argue his motivations, but this move will prove to be the beginning of the end for this season.  Ainge is about to discover that this was a major, major gaffe.  You don't make that deal without some type of contingency plan, and he's got none.  Kristic and Green are it.  And it's hugely underwhelming. All we can do is support this team, but if I were any of the players right now, I'd be real, real angry with Danny.  And no, it's not just a business.  That's just a tag line given to placate the remaining teammates and fans.  Rondo's pi**ed right now, and he should be.  In two seasons, this move might look a bit better.  Right now, it's gonna cost Boston a shot at a banner. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
    Bibby`s been toast for a couple of years. He`s marginally better than the guys they had. What was Ainge supposed to do about that anyway?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clock is ticking... : The dud is a racist and has been proven to be one of the most miserable and ignorant posters in the history of this forum. Simple stats and facts show his negative vendettas' vs. players in green to be a shameful and sad sideshow of hate
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    Not sure of the racist part, although he does sometimes sound like run. Gotta agree that his basketball knowledge is nil. Know he`s mourning Rondo`s hitting the late jumper.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clock is ticking... : Wow dudder made a post w/o knocking Rondo.How`d youlike his 18&11 tonight. What about the clutch jump shot down the stretch?
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

clutch jumper down the stretch.... what if he had hit even a third of the 8 that he clanged before that maybe the game would not have been close.......  talk about a classic case of what have you done for me lately..... he misses about 6 straight uncontested jumpers and you can ignore those but then the blind squirrel finally finds a nut and that somehow is some sort of trophy you want to hold up as the clincher .... what a joke....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clock is ticking... : Not sure of the racist part, although he does sometimes sound like run. Gotta agree that his basketball knowledge is nil. Know he`s mourning Rondo`s hitting the late jumper.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

I have forgotten more basketball than just about everyone on this board has ever known, the problem is that I can be objective whereas nobody else can.

Rondo hitting a late jumper.....  missed the prior 10 but made one at the end - wow...... nobody guards him and he has free reign to take as many shots as he wants and routinely clangs them but we are supposed to hold up a late jumper as something that somehow carried the team......  as we like to say making a long putt - even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while..... Rondo is the ultimate blind squirrel.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clock is ticking... : I usually like my eggs as an omellete, asparagus, cheese, onions, etc. but I don't usually have my eggs scrambled like your brain..... the following got Ray Allen and KG....... Wally S's and Theo Ratliff's expiring contracts.  Without them neither deal gets done, all of the players involved were essentially throw ins. Perkins is a journeyman who was overpaid and only as a result of including Green in the trade was it necessary to include Nate.  The first round pick will be in the 20s and as Danny has proven will be largely irrelevant.

so the trade was Krstic for Perk and Green was the throw in?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clock is ticking... : I have forgotten more basketball than just about everyone on this board has ever known, the problem is that I can be objective whereas nobody else can. Rondo hitting a late jumper.....  missed the prior 10 but made one at the end - wow...... nobody guards him and he has free reign to take as many shots as he wants and routinely clangs them but we are supposed to hold up a late jumper as something that somehow carried the team......  as we like to say making a long putt - even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while..... Rondo is the ultimate blind squirrel.....

Same as PP missing shot after shot after shot in the second half but he kept shooting no one cares because he made that big 3 toward the end and 2 crucial FTs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clock is ticking... : clutch jumper down the stretch.... what if he had hit even a third of the 8 that he clanged before that maybe the game would not have been close.......  talk about a classic case of what have you done for me lately..... he misses about 6 straight uncontested jumpers and you can ignore those but then the blind squirrel finally finds a nut and that somehow is some sort of trophy you want to hold up as the clincher .... what a joke....

Rondo was 9-16 and of his 9 misses 5 were jumpers, but he was 2-4 in the 4th quarter on jumpers and 3-6, or 50%, overall...

Bam ur WRONG, stats PROVE it, this happens all the time

DUD the hateful loser shown the door

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Kobe on Perk: "The Boston thing I just didn't get, i mean Perk was instrumental agiant us and the way the Celtics did things defensively"

Sound like a journeyman BUM to me

I gues journyeman are worth 24 year old #5 pick forwards, #1 picks in the teens, 7p-4r backup 27 yr old Centers AND 4.5 million off the books...

hahahah

From someone who LIKES the trade is is so easy to CRUSH the DUD's sad, factually wrong rants on Perk

His contributions and worth go beyond flubbing some passes, 60% FT's and looking slow, there is so much that happens on the court, how his presence hurts the other teams, and what he meant to Celts winning system that the Dud just can't grasp. He is not only a racist and a coward who insults players on this team... but a complete pea brain when it comes to understanding the sport

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clock is ticking... : Rondo was 9-16 and of his 9 misses 5 were jumpers, but he was 2-4 in the 4th quarter on jumpers and 3-6, or 50%, overall... Bam ur WRONG, stats PROVE it, this happens all the time DUD the hateful loser shown the door

So let's see, he misses uncontested routine jumpers and you want to somehow hold that up as a positive stat.  Congratulations.... the worst shooter in the league hit a late jumper.  The blind squirrel found a nut.  Shooting uncontested wide open jumpers and having an opponent whose game plan is to ignore you somehow makes you a better player.  Imagine Arenas taking those shots or even Jrue Holiday...... there would be timeouts and the coach would be up someone's a ss saying "is someone going to at least attempt to guard him?"....  in Rondo's case the coach says "let him do whatever he wants, ignore him and make sure Pierce, Allen or KG do not beat us"... and tonight it almost worked.  And of course you are perfectly to ignore the fact that the team they played has a brand new coach and has been together for about a week and in the last two games Rondo has dropped a total of 7 on his opponents.  You are so right, stats don't lie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

yes my stats have shown you wrong about rondo for years

your racist hateful vendetta is shameful

go back to telling us how Chris Duhon and 15 other worthless backup PG's are better than him and he'd be a career backup

then he makes two straight all-star teams...

on and on

you have been shown pathetic and wrong

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Hey Dudder,

Rondo was a 23rd pick. Big Baby was a 32nd pick. I think you could pick your nose better than Danny Ainge. Maybe.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]yes my stats have shown you wrong about rondo for years your racist hateful vendetta is shameful go back to telling us how Chris Duhon and 15 other worthless backup PG's are better than him and he'd be a career backup then he makes two straight all-star teams... on and on you have been shown pathetic and wrong

Let's make things perfectly clear as I have tried to do for years.  There is not one racist cell in my entire being.  That is something you have erroneously assigned to me for some unknown reason.

Secondly, there are clearly any number of better point guards in the league but what I have said over and over again is that there are any number of point guards in the league who if they were traded for Rondo, the Cs would not be any worse off and in many cases better.

I firmly believe that there are probably 6 or 8 point guards that are better than Rondo and then a bunch of others who would make the Cs at least as good and not worse.

Rondo and Perk have benefitted like no others from who they play with.

People love to go on and on about how Perk is some sort of all-star defensive something or other when in actuality from my perspective - the Cs traded their second best center to OKC where Perk will become their second best center.

Moreover, it is hard for me to imagine how for some ridiculous reason the Cs would be worse for example (and only because it is very fresh in everyone's mind) with Devin Harris.  He gets to the rim whenever he wants, he makes his free throws, he can shoot, etc. and oh by the way - PEOPLE ACTUALLY GUARD him.

The inability to see this and or even attempt to contemplate it shows your complete lack of intelligence and objectivity.
    The team is a lot better with Rose, Westbrook, Nash, Kidd, Paul, Williams and at worst no worse with Harris, Jennings, Brooks, Wall, Nelson, Hinrich, Udrih, etc.

This is my opinion.  You may think it is not worth anything but it hardly makes me wrong and certainly does not make me a racist.  As I have said over and over again and as we are finding out with Krstic - you may give up a little on defense but you get more options on offense.  This is the same for Rondo.......  One would love to hold up tonight as some sort of representative sample of Rondo's ongoing performance but the reality is he has averaged 8 ppg over the last 3 and about a dozen overall for his career.  He very simply is not all that good.