Clueless on Offense

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Clueless on Offense

we were better of running simple sets when rondo was out with a wrist injury..simpler sets meant more offensive options, moore outside shooting, ab cutting to the basket and rhen the other usual ones..I wouldnt mind jennings at all.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Why do you keep quoting me. I'm sorry you think sub 40% chuckers that can't pass like Jennings help the Celtics especially on offense. Keep living in that dream world were 2 stiffs on  defense and one player that shoots a horrific percentage from the field and can't pass make the defense and offense better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

How the world Boston can get both Jennings and Kaman who both will be a free agent after this season?  IF Boston wanted both, meaning Boston will have to trade Rondo, Allen, two first round picks along a possible second round pick and maybe one or two young player such as Moore, Drooling, Bradley, etc.

That is way too much to give up.  Who know Kaman/Jennings would not want to resign with Boston!!!

Come on, too much work!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

This team starts with defense. But it hurts a lot not having Bass right now, and Ray Allen's mid to short game has vanished. Plus they are getting nothing out of Daniels or O'Neal right now offensively. Not good, any of it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Clueless on Offense:
    This team starts with defense. But it hurts a lot not having Bass right now, and Ray Allen's mid to short game has vanished. Plus they are getting nothing out of Daniels or O'Neal right now offensively. Not good, any of it.
    Posted by cshashaty

Agree with you about Marquis Daniels.  He doesn't seem to be the same player that I remember last season before his injury.  Just not sure what happened to him. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Clueless on Offense:
    This is for you, tompenny! http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/2/16/2801950/celtics-still-searching-for-identity-on-offense#storyjump The  Celtics  are still searching. Whether it's against the  Miami Heat  or the Detroit Pistons  - they are still searching. For what, you ask? Who they are on offense. The players don't really know.  Doc Rivers  doesn't really know. And far be it from any one of us to have any clue. Maybe the answer, if ever discovered, isn't one we want to hear anyways. When it comes to straight up scoring points, the Celtics are ranked 26th in the NBA averaging just 90.2 per game. The four teams behind them? Raptors , Pistons,  Hornets , and  Bobcats .
    Posted by Fiercest34

Interesting because I have always read that it is pick your poison and that with KG, Pierce, and Allen are more than enough to make up for Rondo's complete ineptitude.... so now Rondo wants to score so that he can try to persuade that the people that select the all-star game made a mistake... so of course he puts his game against the team's goals and had Rose played they would have a 3 game losing streak going.... so when push comes to shove... the offense has always been stagnant with Rondo as the main culprit as Doc stated after their last Finals loss when he said Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt them in the playoffs.....

Rondo's diva status and inconsistent play will continue to ensure that the Cs with a lack of talent, bench, and excess age will push them to the middle of the pack some will continue to wonder why their offense is not that good.... their offense has not been that good for years... they have gotten by with defense and a weak conference and now that age has caught up to them, Rondo has finally been exposed...... sacrilege I know but at least now some of you will start to come along and join the whole reality thing where I have been for years.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

How the world Boston can get both Jennings and Kaman who both will be a free agent after this season?  IF Boston wanted both, meaning Boston will have to trade Rondo, Allen, two first round picks along a possible second round pick and maybe one or two young player such as Moore, Drooling, Bradley, etc. That is way too much to give up.  Who know Kaman/Jennings would not want to resign with Boston!!! Come on, too much work!!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

If you honestly believe too much to give up and you believe it is what you would have to give up.... what does it say about what you are saying they would need to give up?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Tonight the Celts scored just 80 pts and only gave up 89 pts. The Celts once again held the opponent below 90 pts. What does that say?  Do we need more defense or it's time we upgrade the team and get more scoring?
    Posted by Fiercest34

The upgrade on offense will surely cost them on defense. The simple answer: don't start this line-up: Rondo, Pierce, KG, JO, Allen. Sorry, they are older and can't run with Rondo. Rondo's game suffers from this line-up. However, the biggest fault with Rondo, his jumper and attitude. He should have been working on it for summers now. Him hitting the mid-range jumper would really help open the court for the Cs. Now, enough on Rondo.

HOW MANY more times do I have to say this: Doc is not seeing the light. The Cs are not going to win in the playoffs with this starting line-up. Sorry, it is time to hurt some ego's and save some legs for back to back games and also for 4th quarters. You can't win with this starting 5 day in and day out. It is time to start believing in your youth. Mix and match. Let them play. They are 15-14. It is not like they are going to get any worse. Mix in the starters. Keep them coming in and out for one another. Fresher. Better play. Legs with last longer. And in the meantime, perhaps you find a baller(Lin-type) to help Rondo run.

Until DOC decides its time for some to come off the bench and time for some to stay on the bench longer, this team will continue to flounder.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Jennings??

What has he done. He has a horrible shot selection and doenst play "D"

Sorry, Im with Penny on this one.

Im all for improvements, but really?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Clueless on Offense:
    This is for you, tompenny! http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/2/16/2801950/celtics-still-searching-for-identity-on-offense#storyjump The  Celtics  are still searching. Whether it's against the  Miami Heat  or the Detroit Pistons  - they are still searching. For what, you ask? Who they are on offense. The players don't really know.  Doc Rivers  doesn't really know. And far be it from any one of us to have any clue. Maybe the answer, if ever discovered, isn't one we want to hear anyways. When it comes to straight up scoring points, the Celtics are ranked 26th in the NBA averaging just 90.2 per game. The four teams behind them? Raptors , Pistons,  Hornets , and  Bobcats .
    Posted by Fiercest34

They are searching for whom they are on offense?  They are the same team they have always been, a jump shooting team that is in the middle of the pack in league scoring.  The last few opponents have had a game plan that takes Pierce and Allen out of the game and says let Rondo do whatever he wants...result.... lose lose lose lose lose lose.....

The Cs played years 3 against 5 with Rondo and Perk and whenever Rondo is one of the 5 you are automatically playing 4 against 5.....  now that teams have made a conscious effort to take Ray and Paul out of the game it is relatively apparent that Rondo should not be some sort of building block.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Clueless on Offense : They are searching for whom they are on offense?  They are the same team they have always been, a jump shooting team that is in the middle of the pack in league scoring.  The last few opponents have had a game plan that takes Pierce and Allen out of the game and says let Rondo do whatever he wants...result.... lose lose lose lose lose lose..... The Cs played years 3 against 5 with Rondo and Perk and whenever Rondo is one of the 5 you are automatically playing 4 against 5.....  now that teams have made a conscious effort to take Ray and Paul out of the game it is relatively apparent that Rondo should not be some sort of building block.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Be honest now Dudder. I am going to trust that you are.  Did you watch the last two games Rondo played in? Especially the Piston game. Tell the truth now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Clueless on Offense : Be honest now Dudder. I am going to trust that you are.  Did you watch the last two games Rondo played in? Especially the Piston game. Tell the truth now.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Yes I have watched every single game they have played and what I have heard after every single possession is "they are leaving Rondo wide open", "let Rondo shoot at your own peril".... and Rondo has scored a lot of points and missed a ton of wide open shots down the stretch against the Pistons, missed 4 or 5 straight freebies does the stretch to keep the Cs in the game and so on and so forth....

My stepfather keeps saying Rondo is playing really well and my response is always the same... if Rondo is going to be your leading scorer that means the other team has a strategy to let Rondo do whatever he wants and take Ray and Paul out of the game.... if a decent shooting point guard had 27 open uncontested jumpers and a dozen trips to the free throw line, just and average point guard would have scored 60 not 35........

The games against the Bulls very simply do not count.....  and let's go back just one more game before that where he let his ego and pouting be embarrassed by Toronto where he "dropped" 5 on the Raptors without Bargnani, Bayless, and someone else..... heck give me Bayless for Rondo and there is at least a starting point for the future.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Clueless on Offense : Yes I have watched every single game they have played and what I have heard after every single possession is "they are leaving Rondo wide open", "let Rondo shoot at your own peril".... and Rondo has scored a lot of points and missed a ton of wide open shots down the stretch against the Pistons, missed 4 or 5 straight freebies does the stretch to keep the Cs in the game and so on and so forth.... My stepfather keeps saying Rondo is playing really well and my response is always the same... if Rondo is going to be your leading scorer that means the other team has a strategy to let Rondo do whatever he wants and take Ray and Paul out of the game.... if a decent shooting point guard had 27 open uncontested jumpers and a dozen trips to the free throw line, just and average point guard would have scored 60 not 35........ The games against the Bulls very simply do not count.....  and let's go back just one more game before that where he let his ego and pouting be embarrassed by Toronto where he "dropped" 5 on the Raptors without Bargnani, Bayless, and someone else..... heck give me Bayless for Rondo and there is at least a starting point for the future.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

So you would trade Rondo for Bayless? If so I would think every GM in the NBA would think your a idiot. Now I am not calling you that but you can't be serious.  You would definitely find yourself in the lottery every year, which is what you think is the winning formula. But if your player evaluation is like the one were talking about you would never have any talent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Clueless on Offense : So you would trade Rondo for Bayless? If so I would think every GM in the NBA would think your a idiot. Now I am not calling you that but you can't be serious.  You would definitely find yourself in the lottery every year, which is what you think is the winning formula. But if your player evaluation is like the one were talking about you would never have any talent.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Yes give me Bayless with Doc for a preseason and a couple of years of adding lottery talent and I would really like their chances for the future....  I don't really care what anyone thinks about what I think....

What I have seen is a diva who took the night off against Toronto because he was pouting and then being completely left alone for the next 3 games while his actual good teammates were taken out of the game and resulted in losses shows one all one needs to see.

Sections
Shortcuts