Coach Phil Jackson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Coach Phil Jackson

I think the Laker fans should be a little concerned about how much playing time Phil Jackson will have his guys play. Doc at least has enough sense to limit his guys playing time in the pre-season. Why play Gasol, Kobe and Fisher so many minutes in pre-season? Also with all that time in they still lose the game?

POSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-A+/-OFFDEFTOTASTPFSTTOBSBAPTS
    R. ArtestF24:425-100-30-0+310113420010
    L. OdomF41:165-110-12-4+26121824030112
    P. GasolF-C35:397-210-011-15+2461020111225
    K. BryantG24:412-150-611-12+313435120115
    D. FisherG30:274-50-04-4+1201122230012
    M. Barnes

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

Re: Coach Phil Jackson

It's good to see a Celtics fan worried about the Lakers but let me assure you they are going to be just fine. I don't know if you actually saw the game but the Barcelona team took that game as serious as if it were for a gold medal - the fans as well. They were competative, aggressive, etc. from the beginning. They tried to be a little intimidating as well but the Lakers just laughed it off.

As to the number of minutes, it was obvious at the start of the game that the Lakers were taking the game lightly. As the game went on however and you had the Spanish team getting technicals for arguing every call and fans (half of whom were wearing purple and gold booing (or whistling) the Lakers, it started to get the Lakers competetive juices flowing. Unfortunately the Lakers looked horribly out of sinc, out of rythm, missing shots they normally make, avoiding easy turnovers, etc. If you would have seen me watching this game I was cracking up watching them try and play this team as hard as they could with only a couple of weeks of practice. It was hilarious to me and by-the-way, should have been for you Celtics fans as well who got beat by the Lakers in 7 four months ago. It was like watching a drunk Lakers team trying to play as hard as they could! They (or any other NBA team for that matter) were not at all ready to play this team who played their hearts out in front of their adoring fans.

Frankly, I'm surprised the score was as close as it was.

Cool ...whatever!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The only reason why Phil Jackson played them that long is because he didn't want the Lakers to become the 2nd defending NBA champion to lose to a foreign team. 

I couldn't believe it when I saw the final score. I mean Gasol got 25 pts and Odom grabbed 18 rebs but the Lakers still lost. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

The lakers may have looked bad, but EliasB's excuses are already in mid-season form.

This guy thinks Jerry West played for MN.  How can he be taken seriously on anything.

Glad you thought it was funny, but the lakers were trying to win that game, end of story!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson:
    [QUOTE]It's good to see a Celtics fan worried about the Lakers but let me assure you they are going to be just fine. I don't know if you actually saw the game but the Barcelona team took that game as serious as if it were for a gold medal - the fans as well. They were competative, aggressive, etc. from the beginning. They tried to be a little intimidating as well but the Lakers just laughed it off. As to the number of minutes, it was obvious at the start of the game that the Lakers were taking the game lightly. As the game went on however and you had the Spanish team getting technicals for arguing every call and fans (half of whom were wearing purple and gold booing (or whistling) the Lakers, it started to get the Lakers competetive juices flowing. Unfortunately the Lakers looked horribly out of sinc, out of rythm, missing shots they normally make, avoiding easy turnovers, etc. If you would have seen me watching this game I was cracking up watching them try and play this team as hard as they could with only a couple of weeks of practice. It was hilarious to me and by-the-way, should have been hilarious for you Celtics fans as well who got beat by the Lakers in 7 four months ago. It was like watching a drunk Lakers team trying to play as hard as they could! They (or any other NBA team for that matter) were not at all ready to play this team that was going to play their hearts out in front of their fans. Frankly, I'm surprised the score was as close as it was. Anyway,
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

Another first for the Laker franchise, the first NBA champion to lose to a European team. 

The champion Spurs beat Panathinaikos in 2007 even when Duncan only played 21 minutes, Manu 22 minutes, and Tony Parker didn't even play in that game. There's just no excuse for the Lakers losing to Barcelona. It shouldn't have happened. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

I guess the Lakers will just have to revel in being back to back NBA champions. The last time our celtics did that was.......yikes was Lyndon Johnson president? Eek!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]I guess the Lakers will just have to revel in being back to back NBA champions. The last time our celtics did that was.......yikes was Lyndon Johnson president? Eek!
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

Dear kobeismrnba,
    No one, and I mean NO ONE on here believes you are a Celtics fan.  It's probably the lack of capitalization trick you learned from me that is a big hint.  It is totally uncool to pretend to be a fan of another team in order to avoid being BANNED again - like you were about 60 posts ago.

Still think Houston, Dallas and Utah are on the West Coast?

I know, you have me on ignore with Rondowski - check!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]It's good to see a Celtics fan worried about the Lakers but let me assure you they are going to be just fine. I don't know if you actually saw the game but the Barcelona team took that game as serious as if it were for a gold medal - the fans as well. They were competative, aggressive, etc. from the beginning. They tried to be a little intimidating as well but the Lakers just laughed it off. As to the number of minutes, it was obvious at the start of the game that the Lakers were taking the game lightly. As the game went on however and you had the Spanish team getting technicals for arguing every call and fans (half of whom were wearing purple and gold booing (or whistling) the Lakers, it started to get the Lakers competetive juices flowing. Unfortunately the Lakers looked horribly out of sinc, out of rythm, missing shots they normally make, avoiding easy turnovers, etc. If you would have seen me watching this game I was cracking up watching them try and play this team as hard as they could with only a couple of weeks of practice. It was hilarious to me and by-the-way, should have been for you Celtics fans as well who got beat by the Lakers in 7 four months ago. It was like watching a drunk Lakers team trying to play as hard as they could! They (or any other NBA team for that matter) were not at all ready to play this team who played their hearts out in front of their adoring fans. Frankly, I'm surprised the score was as close as it was.  ...whatever!
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

thats pretty amusing.. when the league and the refs are there to bail them out... its a little tougher when they are required to get it done on their own... even in preseason

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CK57. Show CK57's posts

In Response to Coach Phil Jackson:
    [QUOTE]I think the Laker fans should be a little concerned about how much playing time Phil Jackson will have his guys play. Posted by kccorwin[/QUOTE]

Laker Nation is more than just a little concerned. We are becoming increasingly disillusioned with Big Chief Eleven Rings. The audacity of that man to give the fans in Spain some bang for their buck is totally unacceptable.

It's bad enough that he has only been able to guide the Lakers to the Finals 7 times since 2000 and only win 5 of those, but to lose a game on the road by 4 after being up by 12 in the second half while playing the starters extended minutes is the straw that broke the camels back for me.

I really wish that poser would just retire already so the Lakers can get back to winning some games again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Coach Phil Jackson : Laker Nation is more than just a little concerned. We are becoming increasingly disillusioned with Big Chief Eleven Rings. The audacity of that man to give the fans in Spain some bang for their buck is totally unacceptable. It's bad enough that he has only been able to guide the Lakers to the Finals 7 times since 2000 and only win 5 of those, but to lose a game on the road by 4 after being up by 12 in the second half while playing the starters extended minutes is the straw that broke the camels back for me. I really wish that poser would just retire already so the Lakers can get back to winning some games again.
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

Sophomoric sarcasm.

methinks you Big Chief Postandhide!

See you next week?

Okay, great!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Coach Phil Jackson : Laker Nation is more than just a little concerned. We are becoming increasingly disillusioned with Big Chief Eleven Rings. The audacity of that man to give the fans in Spain some bang for their buck is totally unacceptable. It's bad enough that he has only been able to guide the Lakers to the Finals 7 times since 2000 and only win 5 of those, but to lose a game on the road by 4 after being up by 12 in the second half while playing the starters extended minutes is the straw that broke the camels back for me. I really wish that poser would just retire already so the Lakers can get back to winning some games again.
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

What a lame, paltry attempt at sarcasm

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

So tragic...what will we ever do?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I don't think it's a concern regarding the minutes. I think Jackson and the coaching staff may have been obligated to play the name players for the bulk of the game.

I haven't yet found out what kind of rules this game was played under. But I think it was a hybrid of NBA/FIBA rules. And how can anyone get a genuine game out of that. Just stick with one set of rules, in this case it should have been FIBA rules as it is an 'international' game.

I do think this game illustrated how a Euroleague team can compete with an NBA side. However this may be a false indication as the game was played in Barcelona.

As I've said before, it's pre-season, and it was mainly a PR exercise for the NBA. Watching an NBA team on TV is one thing but to see a team is great for fans in Europe, or any other continent they wish to send an NBA team.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CK57. Show CK57's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : So tragic...what will we ever do?
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

I hear you. Pathetic coach, a MJ wannabe, softest PF in the league, a nutty SF, weak bench, etc., etc., etc. Heck, our 6th man is a freakin' reality tv star, for crying out loud.

I don't know. I guess, and I know this sounds absurd, but since the GM's think so highly of our team and players, and since we're right there on the doorstep anyway, we may as well try to knock that door down and go for #17.

Nah. That's just crazy talk.

Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I predict Phil Jackson will become the next MJ/ Brett Favre.  The man will retire every year for the next 5 years, and come back at the last minute......esp if they don't win this year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CK57. Show CK57's posts

[QUOTE]The man will retire every year for the next 5 years, and come back at the last minute.
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

I like it. If he does that, Lakers fans will be very, very happy, and we could have about 20 NBA titles by the time he calls it quits.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]I like it. If he does that, Lakers fans will be very, very happy, and we could have about 20 NBA titles by the time he calls it quits.
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

Yea, it would be better than the probable fate of Doc Rivers. When he is in Miami in 2012, slapping the lottery bound Celtics around on an annual basis will be painful for the Celtics faithful.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I doubt the new Celtics management will allow the team to go back to where they were. As in the lottery every year. Rough years yes, a rough decade? I don't think so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

So then Phil is a liar just like MJ, Favre and all the rest of them?
    Thanks for the confirmation

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

Phil Jackson is a tool. He fits LA perfectly. Horrible city.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

am·biv·a·lence   (ăm-bĭv'ə-ləns)

n.
    1. The coexistence of opposing attitudes or feelings, such as love and hate, toward a person, object, or idea.
    2. Uncertainty or indecisiveness as to which course to follow.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

“I can’t tell,” said Jackson. “Every year, I like to go into a season (thinking) this is it, putting everything into it.”

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

"This will be his last year, win, lose or draw" - Jeannie Buss on Mason and Ireland!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

am·biv·a·lence   (ăm-bĭv'ə-ləns)

n.
    1. The coexistence of opposing attitudes or feelings, such as love and hate, toward a person, object, or idea.
    2. Uncertainty or indecisiveness as to which course to follow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Phil Jackson will immediately jump at the opportunity to coach Lebron, Wade, and Bosh in Miami. I wouldn't be surprised if Phil abandons the Lakers next year when the Lakers fail to defend their title. Phil Jackson is only LOYAL to WINNING.

Sections
Shortcuts