Coach Phil Jackson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

Re: Coach Phil Jackson

In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Oh my gosh, I think I hear more violins.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

On record, who do you think will have more wins in the regular season this season the Lakers or Celtics?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : On record, who do you think will have more wins in the regular season this season the Lakers or Celtics?
    Posted by LightSaber[/QUOTE]

Lakers, barring major extended injuries for either club.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Lakers, barring major extended injuries for either club.

Kobe is not 100% and Bynum will not be available until December, according to reports, but you still think the Lakers will win more games than the Celtics?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Kobe is not 100% and Bynum will not be available until December, according to reports, but you still think the Lakers will win more games than the Celtics?

Yep.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Kobe is not 100% and Bynum will not be available until December, according to reports, but you still think the Lakers will win more games than the Celtics?

Kobe hasn't been 100% in two years and Bynum missed much of last year!!  And the Lakers still had a better record than the Celtics.  Most NBA experts agree that the West has gotten weaker while the East has improved. 

So, yes, the Lakers will have a better record than the C's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : bynum will sprain his p*ssy in a grocery store some time in february and miss another 20 games.  count on it.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

When he does, maybe you can give him some pointers on  how to recover.
    Surprised

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Kobe hasn't been 100% in two years and Bynum missed much of last year!!  And the Lakers still had a better record than the Celtics.  Most NBA experts agree that the West has gotten weaker while the East has improved.  So, yes, the Lakers will have a better record than the C's.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Kobe was never at 60% the last 2 years. This year the West is weaker but the Lakers are also weaker compared to 2009 and 2010. The Lakers were at their best in 2009. This year you can expect a 52-win Laker team. 

Such is life. Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

The Lakers weaker?? What color is the sky in your universe?

If Bynum gets healthy then there's no doubt the Lakers will be difficult to beat. In fact, I'm picking them to 3-peat if injuries aren't a factor for them.Phil Jackson's history as a coach would suggest so as will a western conference that got a little easier.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Kobe hasn't been 100% in two years and Bynum missed much of last year!!  And the Lakers still had a better record than the Celtics.  Most NBA experts agree that the West has gotten weaker while the East has improved.  So, yes, the Lakers will have a better record than the C's.

Bryant will never be 100% again.  That is not the point, and a weak argument.  The point is, you'd better hope he doesn't decline any further, because, as good as the lakers are, if he is not 100% of what he is, you will have trouble scoring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers weaker?? What color is the sky in your universe? If Bynum gets healthy then there's no doubt the Lakers will be difficult to beat. In fact, I'm picking them to 3-peat if injuries aren't a factor for them.Phil Jackson's history as a coach would suggest so as will a western conference that got a little easier.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

No kidding. 

Kobe got a simple scope on his knee and is expected to recover fully. 

Bynum had a meniscus tear repaired and he is supposed to have a full recovery. The Celtics lost to the Lakers with Bynum playing on one leg, he comes into the playoffs healthy, and much to the Celtics chagrin, the Lakers will be stronger than last year. 

Lets not forget, Artest will not have to be integrated in to the triangle, he will be a bigger factor from the get go. The Lakers now have a legitimate back-up player at the three spot now in Barnes, which is critical, because of all the dominant players at that position on the top teams. And most importantly, more rest for Kobe during the regular season.

The Lakers also got better at the point with the addition of Blake, who is in all likelihood even better than Fisher. Farmar didn't even want to be there, because his skill set didn't fit. 

This notion that Ratliff is going to be the downfall of the two time defending champions wreaks of desperate thinking. As if not having blue chip talent at your third string center spot is, or has ever been a deciding factor in a championship. The guy who held that position last year, Mbenga, didn't even touch the floor in the finals, even with Bynum's injury, yet this is the hope they hold on to. I can't wait for the reality to drop down upon them with a thunderous crash. 

The Lakers have the best one-two punch at the center position, and the power forward position in the entire NBA. Bynum/Gasol/Odom in their various combinations is unmatched in the NBA, and they do it with manageable minutes per. These Celtics fans keep forgetting that the reason the Celtics signed all the over the hill big men is to try and chase the excellence that is the Lakers front court.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]These Celtics fans keep forgetting that the reason the Celtics signed all the over the hill big men is to try and chase the excellence that is the Lakers front court.

Agreed!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

The Lakers are not as good as the Celtics this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers are not as good as the Celtics this year.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

Really?? My bad, here I was thinking the Lakers won the 2010 NBA championship. Go figure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

congrats  on last year. the lakers are not as good as the celtics this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]congrats  on last year. the lakers are not as good as the celtics this year.

That, my good man, is why they play the games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Wow! You never sleep, you must be a vampire. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

No, not a vampire. But, when I choose to work, the hours I keep tend to be late night, early morning due to the time the markets open up around the world.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers are not as good as the Celtics this year.

I'm shocked, shocked, that this statement is coming from a Celtics fan!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : I'm shocked, shocked, that this statement is coming from a Celtics fan!!

Yet, clearly it is okay for lakers fans to come on to a Celtics forum and tell us we are not as good as last year...............just so I understand the rules

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Yet, clearly it is okay for lakers fans to come on to a Celtics forum and tell us we are not as good as last year...............just so I understand the rules
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

If you find a post where I say that the Celtics are not as good as last year,  then please direct me to it.  That aside, don't put words in my mouth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]congrats  on last year. the lakers are not as good as the celtics this year.

In my universe its 2010. The Lakers won the championship 2010. So what dimension are you in?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

in the one where there are lakers fans who are unaware that the twenty ten season is over.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I didn't think that being a reigning NBA champion (or champion in any sport) automatically guaranteed favoritism for the upcoming season.

Based on that logic the Chicago Bulls would have been favorites going into the 98/99 season.

The correct term and only term to describe a team in these circumstances is defending champion.

I think the only team that has really improved from last season are the Miami Heat, and that has all the ingredients of a high school science project waiting to go wrong.

The Celtics? I don't know how the new bigs, Shaq and JON will mesh with the team, will it be Rasheed Wallace the sequel? How will the absence of Tony Allen affect the team? What about Perkins being out for such a long period?

Lakers .... Bynum injured again (should be used to this), Bryant still not 100%
    Barnes and Blake decent gains from a playing point of view. Theo? Have no idea what to make of this one. 10 minutes a game if he can manage, at least he's a proven player. But like Shaq and JON how will he mesh with the team, although in this aspect Theo will have less impact as Shaq and JON are expected to have a bigger contribution to the Celtics.

Pre-Season favoritism and rankings are a sham. Until the season starts and we're at least a month or two in, then we can start to have an idea of who the real favorites are.

Anything else is fan talk, which is fun! But it's all speculative at this time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson :   If you find a post where I say that the Celtics are not as good as last year,  then please direct me to it.  That aside, don't put words in my mouth.

Just so we're clear:

1.  I said lakers fans.  Since when do you constitute all lakers fans?  That's a heck of an ego you've got there. Many of your constituents have stated the Celtics will not be as good as last year, they are too old...........I could care less whether or not you said it, it has been said by lakers fans, of which you are one.

2.  So, then, you admit the Celtics will be at least as good, if not better than last year.  See, I don't see a post written by you saying that, either.  If there is, please direct me to it......otherwise, I'll put all the words in your mouth I want!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : And so your post was "congrats  on last year. the lakers are not as good as the celtics this year ." So your right, it is 2010! And as I said, the Lakers won the championship 2010. Unless of course your clock ticked over to a new year....and the celts mysteriously beat the Lakers already. The point is in 2010 the Lakers are champs. 2011 aint here yet so your ridiculous remark is based on fiction.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

Or you are in such denial about the state of your club, that which lost to a foreign team; that you are incapable of accepting that we have moved on to another season. Are you having difficulty comprehending the nature of the basketball season and that it takes place during two calendar years. Live in denial. It will be btter for you. Some day I will explain to you how a fiscal year works.

Sections
Shortcuts