Coach Phil Jackson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Re: Coach Phil Jackson

& again P34 & other Laker haters will say things as if they were in the room watching the proceedings. I really don't give a rat's behind if any Boston fan believes the facts or not. Some of them have already proven just how delusional they can be, actually believing that Boston won the title in 2010.

It maybe a cultural thing as well. Tiger Woods had all these white women coming out with all their stories as if they were victims. None of them had any knife marks or bullet wounds to show that Tiger forced them to have .....  Gloria Alred was salivating, all set to try to milk Tiger for some of that dough.

We are revisiting the 2010 championship with some Boston fans living in denial, believing, "we was robbed." I just laugh at that one too!

Oh, Barak Obama is the "Manchurian Candidate." It's sad that you have so many yockles believing anything anyone puts out there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

The Woods case is different from Bryants. He only made a fool of his wife and that's a situation between them. Why did he even bother getting married in the first place?

Back to Bryant. I agree with you that girl wasn't completely innocent. That apparently she was boasting about it the next day. However Bryant hurt himself in a police interview by saying this twice; "that's when she said no, that's when she said no" that would have destroyed him in a court room.

I can understand the point that a legal settlement would prevent that but Bryant could still have stood trial to clear his name. In Colorado do you need a majority verdict to find a defendant guilty? Or do all twelve jurors need to agree with the verdict?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Kobe is a snake, Black Mamba, and Mr. Woods is Tiger, so basically they are the same, they are both animals. Cool

Such is life. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Phil Jackson, of course, who this thread is about, also left his wife and kids to go and coach the lakers.................

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Not to mention becoming the "boyfriend" of the owner's daughter. Cool

Such is life. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Now some of you Celtics fans are upset that Phil Jackson is dating Jeannie Buss. You boys need to get a life. Quit focussing on the Lakers and try occupying your time with the Celtics or girlfriends.

And pray that Doc Rivers doesn't exhaust, overplay, and ultimately injure his vets before the end of the season. These Celtic geezers need their minutes seriously curtailed. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Onto Jackson. I think he's a good coach. The Chicago team was not a championship team when he arrived. The Pistons were still the best in the East.
    I don't think anyone would have guessed Pippen would turn out to be the player he'd become, and Jordan was being compared with Drexler.

Both Red (can't spell the surname so I'm not trying) and Jackson have great basketball minds. And both of them fine leaders of men. Although I think most of the coaches who have won championships would fall into this category.

I don't think we'd see Jackson build a team from the ground up. As in take over the coaching and operations of Wizards. But as far as coaches go I'd put him along side Red. Red however also was a great administrator. Both of them are the best at what they did with coaching, I think they're equally as good as one another.

Heinsolm was a mighty fine coach, I don't think he gets the kudos he deserves. Celtics were blessed with good coaches from Red all the way though to K.C. Jones you guys were extremely fortunate for a long time. I think Doc is a good one as well. First season in Orlando showed what he could do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson:
    [QUOTE]Now some of you Celtics fans are upset that Phil Jackson is dating Jeannie Buss. You boys need to get a life. Quit focussing on the Lakers and try occupying your time with the Celtics or girlfriends. And pray that Doc Rivers doesn't exhaust, overplay, and ultimately injure his vets before the end of the season. These Celtic geezers need their minutes seriously curtailed. 
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

I don't think Jackson is the only guy who's had a failed marriage.

That was the mistake K C Jones made. Well not a mistake when you have a great starting 5. But I'm assuming this Celtics team has a decent enough bench to give the starters a rest. If I was Rivers I'd be keeping the team as fresh as possible, especially Garnett and Pierce for after December.

I'm still worried at the minutes some of our guys played against Barcelona. Those minutes in what was an exhibition game are alarming. Said it other posts though that there may have been other reasons behind this. Marketing etc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]Now some of you Celtics fans are upset that Phil Jackson is dating Jeannie Buss. You boys need to get a life. Quit focussing on the Lakers and try occupying your time with the Celtics or girlfriends. And pray that Doc Rivers doesn't exhaust, overplay, and ultimately injure his vets before the end of the season. These Celtic geezers need their minutes seriously curtailed. 

How ironic, you tell Celtic fans to quit focusing on the Lakers, but you keep talking about the Doc and the Celtics. Why don't you try occupying your time with the Lakers and Phil Jackson's love for younger women. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : You're right, guys should be in love with old women.  Idiot.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

You call me an idiot and you have a name with the numbers 1234 at the end. Are you suffering from autism?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I LOVE this post........it is so full of garbage it could stand on its' own:
    1.  I could care less that Phil is dating Jeannie Buss.  I do think it's hypocritical to think she had nothing to do with him getting his job back after Daddy FIRED him.
    2.   Married, 4 kids, thanks for asking
    3.  The lakers are the oldest team in the league, yet the Celtics are "geezers".
    4.  Phil plays his vets more than any other coach in the league, Doc gets a bad rap here and always did.  The only one he missed on was Billy NO D Walker.  He played Delonte, didn't he?
    5.  With Bynum's injury, and Phil's obsession with having the best record, lakers fans should be way more concerned that their own team, with Odom, Gasol  and Ratliff being the only bigs (Caracter will not play) will get worn out during the season.....or injured.

Other than that, great post!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

"Something is wrong if an older man is dating a younger woman?"

You can't be a typical Boston male unless you've been knocked over the head by a priest and lost your mind. What man would no want a younger woman?

Phil Jackson likes Jeannie Buss and they are 2 adults. Envy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]"Something is wrong if an older man is dating a younger woman?" You can't be a typical Boston male unless you've been knocked over the head by a priest and lost your mind. What man would no want a younger woman? Phil Jackson likes Jeannie Buss and they are 2 adults. Envy!

Phil Jackson NEEDED Jeannie Buss to get his job back.  More than coincidence.  Again, could care less what goes on in their private lives, that is their business, but Phil was out of a job, starts dating Jeannie, and POOF, gets his job back!!  He wasn't wanted by TheOldPerv, and had already written his book throwing koME under the bus, he was done...then.......well, I Dream of Jeannie could well be the title of his next book!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I guess when you can't beat a team on the court, personal lives are the only thing left to attack.

The Celtics aren't saints either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I guess when you can't beat a team on the court, personal lives are the only thing left to attack. The Celtics aren't saints either.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

The Celtics and the Lakers played each other in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and in the 21st century. Is that website lying? From what I read the Celtics have more wins against the Lakers in the regular season and in the Finals. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]I guess when you can't beat a team on the court, personal lives are the only thing left to attack. The Celtics aren't saints either.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Most of us have great respect deep down for the lakers and their organization.  It's lakers fans that come on  a Celtics web-site and harass us,then demand respect that gives most of us problems.  I, of course, am only speaking for myself.  I have acknowledged that the better team won in 2010.  I have also said the better team won in 2008 and 2009.  The better team always wins.  I have congratulated the lakers and their fans that come here.  Don't know what else you people want, but I will not subject myself to any further washing of the balls.....it is a new year.  It is also sacrilege to come on here and praise Phil Jackson while denigrating Red Auerbach.  Phil is a great coach, no doubt, but this whole "8 teams in the league, with no international players" schtick is getting old.  You want respect, give it.  After all, you are the guest here, not us.

Try going on the LA Times and saying something negative about Magic and see how long it takes before you are harassed.  And I see nothing wrong with that at all. Anyone who goes on the LA Times and disses Magic Johnson is asking for trouble......................shouldn't the same rules apply here?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : http://www.lakersuniverse.com/headtohead/lakers_celtics.htm The Celtics and the Lakers played each other in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and in the 21st century. Is that website lying? From what I read the Celtics have more wins against the Lakers in the regular season and in the Finals. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    I wasn't talking trash, I was referring to the 2010 finals. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Whether it is anyone's intent or not, discussions of the personal lives of NBA players comes across to me like attempts to discuss anything but basketball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]Whether it is anyone's intent or not, discussions of the personal lives of NBA players comes across to me like attempts to discuss anything but basketball.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]]

All's fair in love and war, and if that is what it takes to get rid of the disrespectful trolls that infest this board, so be it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

All these posts concerning your arch enemies coach. At Lakernation, a thread about Rivers would be ignored. Tells you a lot about the greatness of the Great One.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Wouldn't this be a boring world if all you got were lap dog posters wetting all over themselves, posting about how lucky it is to be a Celtic fan? I mean giving wet kisses to one another while fixing each other's bibs eventually becomes tideous.

The Laker trolls bring some added spice and needed context to all you flagellating Auerbach fans. The insults are all in fun. I understand the inferiority complex.

And I've given the Celtics props in the past. I actually have the DVD set of the history of your franchise and the more recent documentary of Larry and Magic. I even purchased Bird's bio. Yeah, many Laker fans appreciate Boston's past success. I'm one of them. :)

But when the games begin, I hate the color green. It was great that McHale saved and resurrected your franchise. It gave the current generation the opportunity to learn about the history of these 2 storied franchises and another encounter to do battle yet again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]Wouldn't this be a boring world if all you got were lap dog posters wetting all over themselves, posting about how lucky it is to be a Celtic fan? I mean giving wet kisses to one another while fixing each other's bibs eventually becomes tideous. The Laker trolls bring some added spice and needed context to all you flagellating Auerbach fans. The insults are all in fun. I understand the inferiority complex. And I've given the Celtics props in the past. I actually have the DVD set of the history of your franchise and the more recent documentary of Larry and Magic. I even purchased Bird's bio. Yeah, many Laker fans appreciate Boston's past success. I'm one of them. :) But when the games begin, I hate the color green. It was great that McHale saved and resurrected your franchise. It gave the current generation the opportunity to learn about the history of these 2 storied franchises and another encounter to do battle yet again.

Agreed on that, I welcome the Laker fans who post sense. Too often some of the celt posters stick their head in the sand and refuse to acknowledge the Laker greatness particularly what they've achieved in the last 10 years.Some of the chest thumping by celtic posters borders on stupid and troll like. Bring on 2011!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]Wouldn't this be a boring world if all you got were lap dog posters wetting all over themselves, posting about how lucky it is to be a Celtic fan? I mean giving wet kisses to one another while fixing each other's bibs eventually becomes tideous. The Laker trolls bring some added spice and needed context to all you flagellating Auerbach fans. The insults are all in fun. I understand the inferiority complex. And I've given the Celtics props in the past. I actually have the DVD set of the history of your franchise and the more recent documentary of Larry and Magic. I even purchased Bird's bio. Yeah, many Laker fans appreciate Boston's past success. I'm one of them. :) But when the games begin, I hate the color green. It was great that McHale saved and resurrected your franchise. It gave the current generation the opportunity to learn about the history of these 2 storied franchises and another encounter to do battle yet again.

Change the word Celtics to lakers, and you have the LA Times on a daily basis.  But, I know that's okay, right?

What is "tideous"?  Another word like irregardless?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coach Phil Jackson : Agreed on that, I welcome the Laker fans who post sense. Too often some of the celt posters stick their head in the sand and refuse to acknowledge the Laker greatness particularly what they've achieved in the last 10 years.Some of the chest thumping by celtic posters borders on stupid and troll like. Bring on 2011!
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

I agree with this 100%, so when do you leave?

Chest thumping?  Ah, we lost, and I haven't seen one post that I would consider chest thumping.