Collapse Perplexes Celtics (and Rivers)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Collapse Perplexes Celtics (and Rivers)

Is Doc really that dumb? An idiot could figure that one out. Of course they play well in the first half. By the second half they are exhausted. Plus he barely uses  his bench.

What is the definition of Insanity??? Answer: Doing the same (stupid) thing over and over and expecting a different result.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Collapse Perplexes Celtics (and Rivers)

I see these other teams using their bench...Dantay Jones, Gerald Green, etc but Doc doesn't go past 8 guys at the most, then he wonders why 2nd half collapses happen. Duh, someone tell Doc you play the 1st half to get to the 2nd half.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Eight NBA players should be able to split up 240 minutes of basketball without dying.  That's 30 minutes apiece -- which is what we've been "holding" KG to for the past two years.  We're just being outhustled -- and basket has gotten smaller somehow.

(Also, I'm thinking the Lakers are beginning to wonder whether they should have gone after Kidd, not Nash. :-))

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I get the tight playoff rotation by Doc because it's worked well in the past. However, the simple answer is that your top 8 players aren't as good and your good players aren't as young as in the past Doc!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Doc needs to figure out different ways for this team to score...my answer is AB and Lee starting again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Doc needs to figure out different ways for this team to score...my answer is AB and Lee starting again.

Youre asking the impossible from the robot... unless by dumb coincidence something works... but given time he'll mess that up too. 48 points in 2 halves of basketball and Doc is quoted as saying he doesnt know whats going wrong in the second half..

Do you really want a coach saying he doesnt know whats wrong?? I mean, who's suppose to know whats wrong if not him?? At least hes honest in this case.... sad, but true

A little bit of success riding the Big 3's coattails got us stuck with this guy for a long time.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If Doc does'nt do this, I will lose confidence in him as an innovative coach...I don't see another option...PP and Green are not a good tandem...neither is a shooting guard...and Pierce cannot drive past them...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

It does not perplex me...  How about old, slow, worn out, has-been and that includes the freakin coaching staff!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

If Doc does'nt do this, I will lose confidence in him as an innovative coach...I don't see another option...PP and Green are not a good tandem...neither is a shooting guard...and Pierce cannot drive past them...

well, according to BDC Lee has fallen out of the rotation...which means it is now 7 instead of 8??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I see these other teams using their bench...Dantay Jones, Gerald Green, etc but Doc doesn't go past 8 guys at the most, then he wonders why 2nd half collapses happen. Duh, someone tell Doc you play the 1st half to get to the 2nd half"

I don't disagree - but there is the small problem that our bench really stinks so it's a tougher call to bring those stiffs into the game...but Doc has to try it anyhow

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

So we're not allowed to second guess Doc's coaching, we're not allowed to question the C's FO, and we're not allowed to wonder if Rondo is a true team player and someone that the organization should build around moving forward?

Guys help me out! Who can we vent about? If we're all just here just to bash opponents, wave the pom-poms or say 'drats' when the C's lose, then that's something my 8 year old niece can do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What is wrong?  Garnett cannot get any separation on his jump shot. Due to coverage or his feet being injured.  Everytime he goes up to shoot his feet are askew,  never are they straight up.  He misses everytime he goes up.  Is it defense?  Or is it that he is injured?  Whatever it is he is a different player.  We lose because he is playing it is like the fourth period of the seventh in the finals of 2010.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

FIRE DOC!

TRADE RONDO!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

doc needs  a "script"

he hates change and wont take risks

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Great and accurate response

Youre asking the impossible from the robot... unless by dumb coincidence something works... but given time he'll mess that up too. 48 points in 2 halves of basketball and Doc is quoted as saying he doesnt know whats going wrong in the second half..

Do you really want a coach saying he doesnt know whats wrong?? I mean, who's suppose to know whats wrong if not him?? At least hes honest in this case.... sad, but true

A little bit of success riding the Big 3's coattails got us stuck with this guy for a long time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to dbeach48's comment:

doc needs  a "script"

Amen to that 

he hates change and wont take risks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Wait, you want to put our most offensively challenged guards in to score? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Also AB has been playing very tentative..on offense....injury???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Wait, you want to put our most offensively challenged guards in to score? 

They will at least stop thier  guards...and create turnovers leading to pts...

We already tried Crawford and jett, they are getting man handled...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

FIRE DOC!

TRADE RONDO!!

LOL!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:

Is Doc really that dumb? An idiot could figure that one out. Of course they play well in the first half. By the second half they are exhausted. Plus he barely uses  his bench.

What is the definition of Insanity??? Answer: Doing the same (stupid) thing over and over and expecting a different result.

REAL SIMPLE GUYS THE CELTICS ARE OLD AT KEY POSTIONS KG 37, PP 35 , JET 35 AND NOT PRODUCING. THE BENCH IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO CARRY THIS TEAM  NO RONDO NO RAY ALLEN ...... NOBODY BEATS FATHER TIME AND IT HAS CAUGHT UP WITH KG , PP , JET    ......FACE IT . ITS TIME TO REMAKE THIS SQUAD IF POSSIBLE THIS SUMMER
    PEOPLE ON HERE THINK BRINGING KG AND PP BACK NEXT YEAR AND GIVING IT ANOTHER WHIRL IS GOING TO MAKE THIS A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM ARE DILLUSIONAL .   BUT ITS BEEN A HELLUVA RUN

Sections
Shortcuts