Collins Rebounding and Scoring.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Collins Rebounding and Scoring.

In the last 62 minutes of playing time our starting center has grabbed a huge 4 rebounds.  Yes thats right 4 total rebounds.  A player should get that many on accident.  

Well at least he is a scores a lot of points. Oh wait he has 4 total points as well.  Nows thats contributing to the cause.

Well at least he plays defense.  Sigh.

Only Doc would start a player with these kind of stats when we struggle for rebounds and points.  Doc  was raving about having him start alongside KG and making his job easier.  Wow this experiment has went well.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Re: Collins Rebounding and Scoring.

Perhaps if we talked his twin out of retirement, we could instantly double production. That's a start, huh?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In the last 62 minutes of playing time our starting center has grabbed a huge 4 rebounds.  Yes thats right 4 total rebounds.  A player should get that many on accident.  

Well at least he is a scores a lot of points. Oh wait he has 4 total points as well.  Nows thats contributing to the cause.

Only Doc would start a player with these kind of stats when we struggle for rebounds and points.  Doc  was raving about having him start alongside KG and making his job easier.  Wow this experiment has went well.

Even an Amare starting alongside KG would get us a minimum of 16 points and 8 rebounds per game.

Jan. 15 is 2 weeks away. Hope Ainge can get us that big man.

You know I don't dislike Amare.  I have always been a fan of his. I will never forget the series he had against the Spurs one year.  Some of the best ball and games I have ever seen. Amare was spectactular.  Fast Forward to today.  He is a shell of the player he was at that time.  He can still be productive and if we can't get anyone else I am OK with him. Don't  think his defense would be much help unless he has a new outlook on that side of the ball. He could help us score.  His rebounding is not that good either.  Personally I would rather have Gasol if I had my choice.  Gortat would work as well.  

I don't want to be strapped with his salary.  I would rather have multiple salaries.  They are much easier to move than a salary like Amare.

Of course we have a rebounder but Doc won't play him.  I know he gets in foul trouble but he would work his way around that with more playing time.  He is that smart.  Even with him we still need a big center so KG can play some PF and some C.   We couldn't ask for a better start to our future than getting Sully where we got him in the draft.  Only problem is we don't play him enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc gave Collins a specific role... stand there with your hands in the air and look tall... oh, and make a scary face too. 

Had Darko followed his role, he might still be here. ..but Darko actually shot the ball a few times... not in DOcs script. Therefore benched entire season until Darko had enuf of HOF coaching and took off.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

OneOnOne

I would also prefer Pau Gasol instead of Amare. 

Regarding Sully, it's very clear Doc is showcasing Bass and Lee, so until the Celts are rid of Bass, Sully's not going to get more minutes. But I think once Bass is gone, Doc will give Sully more minutes.

Bass played all year with the C's last year.  Lee has been around for a few years.  The whole league knows what they can or can't do.  You showcase new talent, unkown talent,  not talent that the league has a scouting report on 5 pages long.  You can call it showcasing if you want but thats not my definition of showcasing.  Playing Sully extended minutes,  bringing Melo up and playing minutes,  now thats showcasing.  Why Doc continues with Bass and Lee is unkown.  They are probably hurting their trade value.  I know Lee is. Lee was productive in other systems. Now occasionally you see glimpses of what he could do.   Bass was effective last year.  Sully has earned the minutes from Bass.  We have a double double machine sitting on our bench if he played the minutes.  Collins is a complete waste.  A veteran that is probably a little better defensively than Sully.  Of course we play without a center.  I am ready to give up whatever is needed to get one here.

I want Cousins.  Hope he matures and we have a good young nucleous around here.  Cousins is also a better passer than most big men in the league.  I have seen passes from him you don't see from a point guard.

If you trade Sully Melo, and Bradley for someone like Cousins,  that is not a good trade. We get something but give up a lot so I don't think we improve right now, maybe longterm.  The trick is not trading those type players and getting a impact player.  Melo I could let be part of the trade because he is a couple years away. (I guess- who knows)  

We got outrebounded last nite as usual.  In the last 4 games in pretty much the same amount of time Sully has outrebounded Collins 24-4     Yes Celtics fans, that right  24-4 in the REBOUNDING DEPARTMENT. With a team with rebounding problems, the season slowly slipping away and we play this stiff named Collins.

That pretty much makes it 2 on 5 on the offensive end. Last nite it was Bradley who doesn't create for himself,  Collins who cannot create for himself of do anything for that matter, Rondo who refuses to be a offensive force.    That leave Pierce and Garnett trying to pick up the slack for the other 3.   That in my opinion if bad coaching.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Doc gave Collins a specific role... stand there with your hands in the air and look tall... oh, and make a scary face too. 

Had Darko followed his role, he might still be here. ..but Darko actually shot the ball a few times... not in DOcs script. Therefore benched entire season until Darko had enuf of HOF coaching and took off.

Does Doc Rivers have to be bashed in every thread?

Apparently it's what the Dr. disordered...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

OneOnOne

I disagree. Benching a player hurts his trade value. Stats are part of the scouting report. You will not have leverage in a trade if the player being discussed always has a DNP showing in the box score.

On the contrary.  If a player beats another player out, that is why the other player gets DNP's.  As I have said numerous times,  teams are not going to learn anything new about Bass or Lee that they don't already know.   You don't agree with that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

OneOnOne

I disagree. Benching a player hurts his trade value. Stats are part of the scouting report. You will not have leverage in a trade if the player being discussed always has a DNP showing in the box score.

On the contrary.  If a player beats another player out, that is why the other player gets DNP's.  As I have said numerous times,  teams are not going to learn anything new about Bass or Lee that they don't already know.   You don't agree with that?

If anything I believe Bass is hurting his value in the last several games.  Lee has looked better but Bass just jumps out at you as a limited player.  Collins as you say is a joke, I said last night he could not score ten point in a D-league game.  I was shocked when they signed him this summer and for me Ainge not going out an getting help for KG was the most shocking thing of all this year.  Ainge as GM would have to know this was an area of incredible weakness wouldn't he?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Yes, one of our biggest problems is losing rebound battles but it is not necessarily because we do not have a big effective center.

Yup, I know it is a Celtic forum but as Laker trolls post, I, a Celtic fan since the Cousy/Sharman days, am a local fan too. Was at the GS/Clippers(best record in NBA) game last night and it was an electric crowd and game was not even close with GS winning by 21. Have suffered here for years with GS a doormat and the Lakers always beating them. I do not hate the Clippers as I do the Lakers who are now 6 1/2 games below GS.  Was happy to see LAC not extend the 17 game win streak & keep Boston's 19 in a row alive. Many, many posts say that we are one big man away from being an elite team and that may be true but this Clipper team has a Center, Jordan, who got 4 rebounds and scored only 4 pts. GS center, Ezili, also got a 4 rebound/4 pt game so a wash with the centers. Their allstar forward , Blake Griffin, only got 10 pts/6 rebs. But the GS team got 53 rebs to 38 which means their Forwards & Guards hustled/out fought etc. the Clippers. Lee, a F, got 24 pts and 13 rebs and Curry, G, got 31 pts and 6 rebs. Lee is better than any forward we have except KG. And Curry, including Rondo, is better than any of our guards. Their whole team is electric. I have not seen this energy on the Celtic team for years. Ok, here is a Celtic topic--- we all have had to love hall of famer, Don Nelson, who instilled in the warriors a run-and-gun type offense many times using 3 guards and forwards not more than 6 ft 8 as centers yet led the team to many winning seasons & playoffs. This current team is similar. I believe Doc would like to do the same but our players are not as athletic or skilled. So, I am not sure that we are one big man away from being elite as I feel our forwards, Bass, Green, Lee and Terry too are just average and just have not meshed together. We need some better energy in the Forward area and Rondo is not, and will never be in my opinion a scorer like Stephen Curry, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook etc. Thus, we need some major changes including forwards and guards too perhaps.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts